test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for a guild

sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
Hello, Sockmunkey here.

Long time opinionated forum poster and part time troll, depending on who you might ask.

Ive been bidding my time waiting for the shard merge before joining up with a guild. I didn't like the feeling that some random arbitrary choice made at character creation, would limit me from all the possible guilds out there. Or at the very least two thirds of them. No point in trying to see where I fit, when I was only able to see things from just one shard. Anywho, with that barrier soon to be gone. I figured it was time to start shopping around. Best place to start seemed here.

Disclaimers.
  • I'm not into PVP, its honestly not my thing. If, you are PVP centric. I'm most likely not a good fit.
  • I'm not much for voice chat or the like. If you require it, ill be happy to look elsewhere. This applies to general chat as well. If a significant part of your guild chat is on mic and not visible in game. I'm just not going to be a good fit.
  • I'm looking for a casual friendly group that is willing to run dungeons and the like. But isn't into gear score, e-peen measuring, or bragging rights. A group concerned more with the experience then the end result. But one that can still, get it done and beat the bad guy. Exploit free.
  • I'm looking for a mature group. I like to cut up in chat as much as the next person. But <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> jokes, talking about getting high, and problems with your girlfriend are things I don't need or want to hear about.
  • I'm casually into RP. A group with an RP slant isn't a requirement but would be a bonus.
  • Lastly while I can be a team player, I have a pretty solid independent streak. Id like a casual group. I'm more then willing to pitch in and help out. But I wont have it demanded of me. Mandatory meetings, dungeon runs, uniforms, colors, ect. Are pretty much deal breakers to me.

I realize this seems a little demanding and picky. Its not my intent. I would rather simply be clear and up front so no ones time is wasted needlessly.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Socky!!!

Seek me out after the merge. We could care less about gear score or Classes have to play a specific way. Everyone is free to do what they want but we do all the events and dungeons together.
    I hope you have a water balloon!!! :D

Sincerely,
    An Officer of "Sanctuary"

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?500951-Dragon-Sanctuary-are-recruiting
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    You could check out Tyr's Paladium.

I'm not a guild person at all and have had extremely bad experiences in the past with guilds but Aandre nudged me to join and I've had a blast.

There's only a few points to bring up:

Leadership does not mandate voice chat but it's somewhat of an unofficial rule for dungeons only. They will still run with you but expect to be pressured to at least listen to our horrible voices during dungeons because it makes things much smoother, easier and overall more enjoyable.

I'm not going to sugar coat the joking. Tyr's is a mature group and is actually quite strict in selection of who joins but the jokes can still go a bit awry. I can say with all honesty we don't make <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or dead baby jokes but the joking can sometimes go off the deep end. However I can confidently say we haven't offended anybody and more or less the semi-crude humor is mutally enjoyed even if you have to laugh at the joker rather than laugh with them.

Other than that is sounds like Tyr's is what you're looking for. It's a casual guild made up of a wide variety of people with varying playskill. Some of the players actively push the high end content while others likely will never see the inside of Castle Never or Malabogs. Some people are on Raidcall 24/7, others only during delves and some others simply use guild chat.

Also Tyr's is one of the few guilds who like to play the game the hard way. This means no exploiting and often times we purposely try to have a no duplicate group (none of the two CW, two GWF/TR, one DC <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>) and until semi-recently we were even clearing entire dungeons. Sadly that's worn on us a bit so we do avoid pulling mobs in dungeons a fair amount but (almost) never in a manner which could be classified as cheating or exploiting. (Somebody has to report it :p )

However just note this is by no means a direct invitation. When I said Tyr's is picky about who they allow in I meant it.
    Their recruitng philosophy is to reject a person at the door rather than have to deal with drama or disciplining people within the guild. If you fit the mold of the guild community you'll get in and say "what was Ambi talking about, how i this hard to get into?" but if they don't feel you fit the mold for the guild you will in effect hit a brick wall.

If you're interested check out the Tyr's Recruitment Page and Tyr's Website and most importantly check out the Guild Rules.

P.S. Possessing a water balloon would be extremely helpful.
  • malphaeousmalphaeous Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 88
    edited October 2013
    I would like to invite you to take a look at Pacem Para Bellum we are a fairly new guild that has enjoyed recent growth we are not gear <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and consider ourselves family. we have TS and a guild bank. all of our guild functions are optional ad the only thing we require of our members is be respectful of others.http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?444661-Pacem-Para-Bellum-%28-Dragon-Shard-guild%29&highlight=Pacem+Para+Bellum is our recruiting thread and http://pacemparabellum.webs.com/ is our website
    The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Did I mention, I do not have good intentions?
  • dexto89dexto89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You may also take a look at us :)
    We don't even have a voice chat, typing works just fine :p

Our advertise thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?469511-Dragon-lt-UNSTOPPABLE-gt-Do-you-think-you-got-what-it-takes&p=5857261#post5857261
    UNSTOPPABLE Website: http://dexto-forum.com/
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thank you all for the replies. I look forward to being able to check you all out. :D
  • rhodahrhodah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi there,

Well, many of the things you wrote sounded like we see things in our guild.
    Perhaps you would seen like a good fit to Guild Medieval :)

Check out our recruitment:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?406131-Guild-Medieval-Maturity-Fair-Play-Family-Friendly-Beholder

Guild Medieval is foremost a community of like-minded people who happen to like playing online games together. We focus on the person behind the keyboard more than on your player skills or gear score. We are active in all endgame contents and are just about to try out RP. If you are interested you can also PM me ingame (rhoda@rhodah).
  • alaska2121alaska2121 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rhodah wrote: »
    Hi there,

Well, many of the things you wrote sounded like we see things in our guild.
    Perhaps you would seen like a good fit to Guild Medieval :)

Check out our recruitment:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?406131-Guild-Medieval-Maturity-Fair-Play-Family-Friendly-Beholder

Guild Medieval is foremost a community of like-minded people who happen to like playing online games together. We focus on the person behind the keyboard more than on your player skills or gear score. We are active in all endgame contents and are just about to try out RP. If you are interested you can also PM me ingame (rhoda@rhodah).

Sounds nice, I might try to get in if you accept me of course. :)