test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Armor T2 Enchantments

yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Temple
Hi all,

I finally get my t2 armor and so now I need to enchant it. Until now I was sure that the soulforged was the best ench for a DC full-healing (and even for all other classes :P) but a friend of mine tell me that the best ench is the barkskin enchantment: is this true?

What's the best armor enchantment for a DC full healing?

Thanks in advance
firmaconsiglio.gif
Post edited by yukuaiita on

Comments

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think barkskin is better for PvP, but I'm somewhat on the fence with regards to PvE use.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yukuaiita wrote: »
    Hi all,

I finally get my t2 armor and so now I need to enchant it. Until now I was sure that the soulforged was the best ench for a DC full-healing (and even for all other classes :P) but a friend of mine tell me that the best ench is the barkskin enchantment: is this true?

What's the best armor enchantment for a DC full healing?

Thanks in advance

Depends on your build and how you play. Soulforged works best, IMO, when you have decent max HP and are thus more likely to have enough remaining HP to recover from near-death.

Barkshield won't save you from dying in the same way, but as others have mentioned, it's the closest thing to a counter to tenebrous burst, and it has the advantage of always working and constantly regenerating charges. Its weakness is that its charges can be completely wasted on tiny ticks of damage.

I currently run with SF but am planning to assemble a Barkshield enchant for my spare armor piece to test it more extensively. It also looks pretty neat :P
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't understand why a Barkskin could be useful: can someone explain how it works?

If I read the tooltip I'm unable to understand why this ench can be good: 2400 damage absorption with a perfect ench with 3 stacks, 1 stack goes every time we receive damage, even if it's a lower damage so ... what's the point of this?

Explain me please :P
    firmaconsiglio.gif
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't understand why a Barkskin could be useful: can someone explain how it works?

If I read the tooltip I'm unable to understand why this ench can be good: 2400 damage absorption with a perfect ench with 3 stacks, 1 stack goes every time we receive damage, even if it's a lower damage so ... what's the point of this?

Explain me please :P

Blocks tenebrous damage which makes it great for high level PvP. Charges every 8 seconds as opposed to one min. if you can charge it to 3 charges and only take damage every 8 seconds, it's very useful. Over the course of 1 min you can have theoretically mitigated 18,000 damage.

I still think I'd stick with soulforge for PvE though.
  • vikingbradvikingbrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have the lesser Barkshield on my T2 armor mainly because its super cheap. You get the shards from Master of the Hunt which you can run constantly till you have them, no expensive AH buy or long dungeon to run. Only issue seems to be Barkshields shards are Bind on Pickup so you won't get them in AH you have to do the skirmish.

It makes it very easy to tank as a DC, if you like that style. No fear going into revive a downed colleague and I generally let imps come to me then drop a divine DL centered on me.

I'm pretty much exclusive PvE, Soulforged wouldn't be much use, 60s cooldown and I have Holy Resolve autoheals for those rare tight spots. Barkshield is basically up constantly with 8s regenerate. For me Barkshield & Holy Resolve much better than Soulforged

Haven't done much testing but briefly looking at combat log the amount of damage it stops is better than what the tooltip says.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more DCs with Barkshield.

ps Best image is when I've been transmuted to a pig by a witch and still get Barkshield, they look like wings, a flying pig! (Purposely do it when solo just for the look!)
    Ricky Gervatheist Lvl 60 DC on Dragon Server
    Looking for a guild for PvE Dungeons to suit AEST evenings
  • yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    A question: if I use the lesser barkskin enchant then I can take it out of the armor using AD right?
    Or it's better run another T2 piece? :P
    firmaconsiglio.gif
    edited October 2013
    A question: if I use the lesser barkskin enchant then I can take it out of the armor using AD right?

Yes believe you can unbind and then use again for making higher ranks. Haven't tested it though.
    edited October 2013

Worth checking the cost for unbind. Some enchants it's not worth pulling it out since it's cheaper to buy a new one.
    edited October 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Worth checking the cost for unbind. Some enchants it's not worth pulling it out since it's cheaper to buy a new one.

The problem is not the enchant, but the armor. If I put a lesser barkskin in my MH armor, when I've got the new "higher level barkskin" I've to put out the old enchant or I've to take another MH Armor?
    firmaconsiglio.gif
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Just drag your new enchant over the old one. This destroys the old one, but then you don't have to pay to remove it.
    edited October 2013
    morsitans wrote: »
    Just drag your new enchant over the old one. This destroys the old one, but then you don't have to pay to remove it.

Yes you can always put enchant over existing, destroying the existing.

Since armor enhancements are usually 100K+ due to cost of coalescent ward probably worth unbinding, whereas not worth unbinding normal enchantments under rank 7.
    edited October 2013
    uh!

Thanks for all guys :)
    firmaconsiglio.gif