test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guild Halls

joshuaw1946joshuaw1946 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Guild Halls are a must for the Neverwinter community. A place where guildies can meet up and talk face to face without being in a party, this would also allow more than 5 people to do so. Foundry guild halls just don't work, i have made a guild hall in foundry but only a maximum of 5 people at a time can use it. However would we not be able to use the foundry formula?

Why not make it so we can customize our own guild halls with the foundry tool but make it so that you don't have to be in a party to see each other. Could we make a customized guild hall zone/instance?

Or would cryptic be able to make a donation system like star trek online another one of their games. For those of you who don't play sto, basically with the donation system there are 4 categories. Military, science and operations. And to fill all of them up with donated projects creates a project to construct a building. When you construct enough of these building and get them up to tier one the main space station will become tier 1. In sto you can also have an instance for your station therefor making it possible to have more than 5 players at one time.

However here is an idea i made myself. Could cryptic make it so that we use the donation system but at a certain tier having the OPTION of customizing our own. And of course if it doesn't work out you delete your customized version and it would go back to the old standard tier that you were up to.

Other people have also brought up guild housing. This would be very difficult for the creators to do however since there are two million players game content would explode. However the idea of it would be amazing, Having your own customized house that you can collect furniture off mobs for and such, it would be a great addition to the game if cryptic is able to somehow do it. Or maybe it should happen with the same idea as guild halls. a donation system? except this would make it a lot more challenging to build it as you would be the only donator however it would be much more rewarding once it is complete and straight up to tier 5 or what ever the maximum tier is.

Please give feedback on your ideas.

Guild Leader of the Atine Empire and the Imperial Army of the Atine Empire
http://kingdomofatherithe.enjin.com/
Post edited by joshuaw1946 on

Comments

• Options
    nymerosnymeros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    All of this is unnecessary for now, devs should focus on the creation of PVE raids and more PVP modality.
    Words are like arrows. Once loosed, you cannot call them back
    Co-Leader of G r A v i t y X G a m e - Founder of the 1st Legit LFG and member of NW_Legit_Community
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    unnecesary? priorities are different for everyone.
    It would be a nice addition, and would make guilds something more interesting.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They could combine the two. Create a guild hall system that requires PVE work to upgrade/customize. This could be used to ensure that people still run existing content, as well as be inclusive with new content.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I love a game because of it's gameplay. I stick with a game because it allows me to invest in it, and there is no digital investment that ranks as highly as a player owned house (besides the character itself, of course), followed closely behind by the guild hall.

I stuck with SWG through the CU and NGE because they are the only game that has had a housing system worth anything. Up until it's last days. Because of a digital piece of property.

So yes, please, devs give us some more dungeons, some more pvp, a raid or two (hate raids personally), etc. But don't think that this stuff is more important to everyone, cause some of us like the fluff.

As far as the mechanics are concerned: almost anything is better than nothing. I know better than to wish for the freeform SWG system, and fully expect DAOC/EQ2 anchor-point housing.

And guild halls, while I fully expect them and support them, better come with some type of guild-vs-guild functionality. This would greatly extend the re playability of this game, having a voluntary GvG mechanic in place.

And to the op: You left out the best option, all of the above.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • Options
    wockysanwockysan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    add the proper tools and function to foundry. guilds, players could build it all themselves. Halls, housing, lands ect. Of course, it would probably take a server farm in order for players to enter n hang without forming a group lol but hey, better than starting from scratch.

To the above, I feel ya. Luckily, ArcheAge fills swg's housing shoes. It's been a looooong time coming.
  • Options
    nallifnallif Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Where is the "None of the above" selection?
  • Options
    mlegermleger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I would love to see this similar to how they run the Shandar Campaign. The way I see it is each guild now has a tab, and all members have to complete quests to obtain this. Then once completed Lord Neverember allows your guild to take up quarters within the city.

Your guild can unlock items similar to boons, where as your Guild House gets more items, such as mailbox, and vendor, direct bank access.
    Thorin Oakenshield - 60 DC | Floki Longarm - 60 TR | Tiny Tank - 60 GWF
    Stand your Ground NW-DNBHK74ML
  • Options
    whoamarkwhoamark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm all for a guild hall, but player housing... it will never happen as it has never happened in 95% of MMOs.

An interesting and exciting idea but something that developers are very reluctant to ever discuss.
  • Options
    bstbybstby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    whoamark wrote: »
    player housing... it will never happen as it has never happened in 95% of MMOs.

Housing system similar to the one that LOTRO has suits perfectly for Neverwinter.
    Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lobo0084 wrote: »
    And to the op: You left out the best option, all of the above.

+10 I second this.
  • Options
    killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Star Trek Online do have "fleet" station for guild members and also give players something to do with halls for upgradings.
    just add one of new "zone" in Protector's Enclave district for house zones similar model in current Eq2's format.

gosh not that LotRO's, i hate it and it is way too small and limited to "grid fixtures" that made me feel clausophobic (sorry for bad spellings), i prefer Eq2 house format and that all "free-style" they used.