test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Johnthebap's endgame healing guide- for Orders of the Nine guildies

jrdaddyttrojrdaddyttro Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Temple
Below I'll outlay my feats and powers i use for endgame healing, and then go over my rotation and spell/passive choice. This spec is by no means a be all-end all- it works for me, but it definitely needs some tunning up still.

Feats:
3/3 greater fortitude
2/3 healing action

5/5 domain synergy

3/3 repurpose soul
5/5 initiate of the faith

1/3 cleanse
1/5 bountiful fortune

virtuous tree:
5/5 rising hope

faithful tree:
5/5 enduring relief

5/5 linked spirit

5/5 invigorated healing

5/5 mark of mending
5/5 moon touched

1/1 greater divine power

Powers

3/3 astral seal (right click)
2/3 lance of faith
3/3 sun burst (middle encounter)

3/3 guardian of faith
3/3 healer's lore(first passive)

3/3 healing word (use it on fights that the group spreads out)

3/3 flame strike
3/3 hallowed ground(first daily)

3/3 chains of blazing light
3/3 divine fortune(second passive)

3/3 sacred flame(left click)
3/3 daunting light

3/3 forgemasters flame
3/3 foresight

3/3 bastion of health(use it on heavy hitting boss fights)

3/3 divine armor(second daily)

3/3 break the spirit
3/3 divine glow(left encounter for trash)

3/3 astral shield(right encounter)
3/3 hammer of fate
2/3 prophetic action

My trash rotation starts with an Astral shield at fighting location, followed by throwing out as many astral seals as i can. I use sunburst as soon as its needed and wait for the enemies to be piled up to drop divine glow on them to speed up trash clearing. I attack with sacred flame constantly to build divinity and AP.

For bosses i use astral shield on the allies fighting who don't have high defenses or the group taking the most damage. I use sun burst to do dmg, gain AP and divinity and add healing to the whole group. Then depending on the fight i choose either forgemasters, for fights where people stay around a central target, healing word, for fights where the group spreads out a lot, or bastion, where he group moves away from a single target, but stays relatively close together.

Astral shield should almost never be used without divinity, same with forgemasters flame.
Post edited by jrdaddyttro on

Comments

• vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for posting :)

Some Feedback:

1. Healing Action is awful. Did you mean the ++healing from Wisdom feat?

2. Initiate of the Faith grants very little in the way of extra stats if the tooltip is correct.

3. Rising Hope: Hardly need 5 points there unless you're using it as a prerequisite to go further into a Virtuous build.

4. Enduring Relief: Deepstone Blessing is much better if you are using Sacred Flame or other powers that grant Temp HP.

5. Greater DP: The extra pip isn't amazing. It lets you begin an encounter with a little extra juice and is an okay choice if you have nowhere else to put your last point after going through the Faithful tree, but it's not a must by any means.

6. Divine Fortune: It's okay, but you usually have better things to slot. Usually a combo of Foresight and Healer's Lore or whatever is appropriate for what you're doing.

7. Prophetic Action: If you're going to take it, I'd skim a point off of one of those encounters you rarely use and max it out for the fastest possible refresh. It's already a roulette sort of power that might save you from a Shocking Execution or get wasted on a single Magic Missile, so long cooldown = bad. It's also fairly useless in PvE (IMO, of course).

I like that you mention Sunburst, because sometimes it gets overlooked because of its poor tooltip damage. People often forget that it also serves as a PBAoE heal on a low cooldown, procs a ton of additional healing with Repurpose Soul, procs Foresight on yourself and nearby party members, and can be used as a knock-back if the situation calls for it.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• craeh1craeh1 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    on point 2: Same on domain synergy.
    5% more recovery is in numbers: 2000 (basic) + 5% = 2100 - just a quite low buff, and kinda waste for 5 points to me.
    I'd spread to 3/3 weapon mastery (+3% crit chance) and holy resolve (+10%HP below 30%HP).

Paragon Feats feel like Ive seen em on almost any other build here...^^

At sunburst: I kinda learned to love that spell (agian), at least on public groups the knockback saved me (or the team at least) several times.
    On normal cast its still a nice heal/dmg AoE
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to play the right way!
  • yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I thik that foresight + his feat his a must have: 10% of damage reduction it's alot :p
    firmaconsiglio.gif