test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GG Factions

cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2013 in PvE Discussion
Just wondering which faction is the dominant one on other servers, considering the upcoming server merge. Luskans win most of the time on Beholder, how is it on Dragon and Mindflayer?
Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
Post edited by cribstaxxx on

Comments

• xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    For a while it seemed like Luskan was winning more on Dragon, but for a long time now it seems to me that Delzoun is winning most often. Of course, if they did fix the fence jumping things may change again.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Just wondering which faction is the dominant one on other servers, considering the upcoming server merge. Luskans win most of the time on Beholder, how is it on Dragon and Mindflayer?

almost always is a better description *evil smile*
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Luskan completely dominated Mindflayer for long periods of time.

I haven't gone to GG in a while due to either limited time or having other things to do while playing but the last few times I had gone I was amazed at the difference in GG. The fights were much more balanced later on but darn was it frustrating to go into PvP before-hand. I literally would suicide rush points because there was no way to even compete with my PvE build.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Luskan? Never have seen win them on Dragon.
    I skip gg till they fix that jump thing...
  • pw3ckapw3cka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    That's funny, I believe they have not fixed the fence jump for a purpose. It's just because Luskans wins the majority, maybe they wanted to give them some advantage.

But not that it's helping, on Beholder you start with them having 5 points capped, but Luskans still win anyway >)
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    pw3cka wrote: »
    That's funny, I believe they have not fixed the fence jump for a purpose. It's just because Luskans wins the majority, maybe they wanted to give them some advantage.

But not that it's helping, on Beholder you start with them having 5 points capped, but Luskans still win anyway >)

Lol exactly, delzoun starts out with 5 cap, then within 3 minutes luskans have 4-5 capped =P

I am just wondering this in case a faction change is needed from the server merge, I guess luskan is the dominant answer, but I'll and see what happens after the merge.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    On Beholder, Luskans win.

Unless UnS is representing with four or more players. Then Delzoun wins. We don't play 'ride the horsey' like everyone else, which means we get to break the zerg and have some amazing fights.

Sadly, having all four positions capped by game start means you get a 12-15 point lead before Luskans have time to recap. And the gate will hopefully be fixed soon so that we can see where the real balance stands.

Even when both sides could get out, UnS was bringing Delzoun to victory. We've lost one major one that I was in, against a 15+ TSB team (back before they cut their ranks), and that was still a **** good fight.

We're wondering about the server merge, too. Rumor has it that Luskans have been stacked on other servers. We'll let it be known, whichever team has more of the heavy hitting PvP guilds, UnS will make sure we're on the other side. We go to GG for the fights, not to stack Dwarf King.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    for all of you saying that you won't play gg until the bug is fixed: it is fixed.

how one team gains dominance over the other all depends on their ability to maintain the flow of points by holding caps. luskans tend to be able to do that while delzouns tend to play the horsey merry-go-round. problem with that is if luskans have tanks and clerics blocking the way, then delzoun's ability to cap is diminished. it could also be related to what numbers of guilds that are pvp focused are in which factions. the luskan corsairs being the "bad guys"... everyone wants to be on that side. but the fact still remains: this is a 20 vs 20 match. so... to the skill and gear level, gg experience and pvp experience... thusly denotes the victor.

in case you're wondering, i'm on the delzoun side. i've been in one match since the patch and the corsairs won. i honestly think that the delzouns need a new strategy.