test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mimic in foundry

blueknightblueknight Member Posts: 33 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Foundry
Hi

I'm thinking about creating my first foundry which is going to be based on treasure chests and well mimics.

I was wondering two things.

1) How do I create a mimic in the foundry

2) How do I make it so that if you open a treasure chest, a monster spawns?

cheers

blue
Post edited by blueknight on

Comments

• Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    1) The only mimic in the foundry is an NPC. This means that if you want one to fight the PC, you need to skin that costume over something else. Note that it probably won't fight much like a mimic; it will fight like something else (whatever mob you chose) that looks like a mimic.
    2) You can't place actual lootable treasure chests in the foundry. The only loot is the end chest. That said, you *can* place chests in the foundry, and set them to interactable. Such chests *can* drop quest items, things you've designed to be used within the quest that don't give any actual game effects. You can then make any mob visible on interact with the chest, which would make it seem that a monster spawns when you "open" the chest.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Make chest interactable, upon Component COmplete, Disappear chest, Appear Encounter.
  • Options
    builderxbuilderx Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 81
    edited October 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    Make chest interactable, upon Component COmplete, Disappear chest, Appear Encounter.

this and I use savage ogre single encounter for mine.