test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why do mass profession tasks take so long?

skaldorinskaldorin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Example:
simple vitriol extract, gives 1 blue 1 green vitriol - 10 minutes
mass simple vitriol extract, gives 5 blue 5 green vitriol - 6 HOURS!!!!!

why the heck would anyone do the latter one?
Post edited by skaldorin on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Because for one reason or another you won't be able to start new tasks for a while. Like for example, you are going to sleep.
  • fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Because setting up professions every 10 minutes gets tedious and 6 hours is good when you are going to bed.
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    For Weaponsmithing and Artificing the high level mass gather tasks are actually more XP efficient/unit time than the normal gathers.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    skaldorin wrote: »
    Example:
    simple vitriol extract, gives 1 blue 1 green vitriol - 10 minutes
    mass simple vitriol extract, gives 5 blue 5 green vitriol - 6 HOURS!!!!!

why the heck would anyone do the latter one?

If you have the time and inclination to micromanage your professions to such an extent and don't mind the higher cost of purchased materials, then by all means enjoy doing the former. If you would rather do other things than refresh every ten minutes, hit the latter. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The profession tasks, IMO, are generally setup so as to encourage an always-attentive playstyle. The mass tasks are there for players that can't always be there, but they are a bit more efficient materials-wise, (though not time-wise).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • skaldorinskaldorin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just want to get enough items at a time so that it's worth my time to make potions instead of buying them. So far I can't see a way to do it. Guess I'll just keep leveling it and see if it gets any better.