What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is tenebrous even worth it for TRs?

corpsemaker86corpsemaker86 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2013 in The Thieves' Den
I would have to give up
1,560 ArP &
260 Crit

Also my perfect vorpal would not take advantage of it at all (and I believe it doesn't work correctly with it?)

So would it even be worth it? Im not a perm stealth rogue im executioner build. And we already have crazy burst dps.
Pretend you had unlimited AD... would you do it? And how is pve damage with it
Post edited by corpsemaker86 on

Comments

• setheriosetherio Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Pretending I have unlimited AD...
    Perfect Vorpal = +50% critical severity. Giving you 125 base Crit Severity rather than 75 base Crit Sev.
    Greater Tenebrous = Deal 3% of current Hit points as Necrotic damage.

Please note:
    Vorpal is a Weapon Enchantment.
    Tenebrous is a Offensive Enchantment and seeing as you say you would have to give up Stats, I'm presuming you already took that into consideration.

Offensive Enchantment Slots Available: Main Hand, Off Hand, Neck, Ring, Ring, Waist (if Rare Belt), Shirt.
    7*3=21% current HP as Necrotic Damage

You would have +125% Crit Sev. + 25 while in stealth, so base of +150 Crit. Sev. in stealth. And with Deadly Momentum, up to +15% more so 165% Crit Sev in stealth with Deadly Momentum.

So you'll have both, at max, +165% Crit Severity & +21% Current HP.
    I currently have roughly 22,000 HP with my Skulker's Set. So that's 4,620.

The Tenebrous enchantment has a 20 second internal cooldown and 100% chance to trigger if not on cooldown. So, every 20 seconds you'll do *an additional* (well, if near same HP as me) 4,620 damage as necrotic.

And one more portion of math before we compare and contrast gains and losses...

-1,560 ARP could be a lot... depending on your total. If you could of given what you would have after - or - before the loss of ARP, then might help. So, quick notes in intervals of 500...
    Total ARP = Total Resist ignored%
    500 = +3.04%
    1,000 = +9.38%
    1,500 = +16.46%
    2,000 = +20.26%
    2,500 = +23.76%
    2,718 = +25.00%
    3,000 = +26.34%
    3,500 = +28.21%
    4,000 = +29.59%

If you have 3,000 prior then get Ten, you're down from 26.36% to 14.72% - a good 11.64% resist ignored loss.
    If you have 3,500 prior then get Ten, you're down from 28.21% to 19.75% - a bit more manageable 8.46% loss.

Compare and contrast...

If your original ARP is over 3,000, then you should be good to make the switch.
    Vorpal Enchantment - from reports it does not show up in your stats properly but is active/does work - I'm assuming similarly to how Skillful Infiltrator's +Run Speed does not reflect in Run Speed Bonus in stats but is definitely there.

Having at least +20% ARP from equipment/enchantments, I like the idea of dishing out an additional 4,620 damage to my enemies every 1st hit after 20 seconds has passed. Though I think Tenebrous is great for PVP - Stealth -> Lashing Blade w/ Tenebrous enchantments equipped = instant kill (if you're at full health). For PvE... not sure which would be more effective...

To show what I mean, using small example of combat log and the Holy Avenger's Radiant Damage Bonus,
    [3:37] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry Bleed deals 4024 Physical to Target Dummy.
    [3:37] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry Bleed deals 4024 Physical to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry deals 2566 Physical to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Holy Avenger deals 79 Radiant to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 663 Physical to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Holy Avenger deals 81 Radiant to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Elven Ferocity deals 501 Arcane to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 465 Physical to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Holy Avenger deals 85 Radiant to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry Bleed deals 3620 Physical to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Holy Avenger deals 82 Radiant to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Bleed deals 1941 Physical to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 480 Physical to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Holy Avenger deals 84 Radiant to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 352 Physical to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Holy Avenger deals 76 Radiant to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 665 Physical to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 457 Physical to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Holy Avenger deals 86 Radiant to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 470 Physical to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Holy Avenger deals 89 Radiant to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 364 Physical to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Hit deals 369 Physical to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry Bleed deals 1941 Physical to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Duelist's Flurry deals 1119 Physical to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Your Holy Avenger deals 85 Radiant to Target Dummy.
    [3:48] [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Lashing Blade deals 18461 Physical to Target Dummy.

Notice how no matter what attack I use (lashing blade at end) or whether it's one of the flurries or first hits, the damage is still in the same range. The damage from Ten. Enchantment would be the same - in same range of your current HP). But instead of every hit, it's first hit after 20s from last time proc'd.

Just some things to think about.
    ~Setherio

Creator and maintainer of TR's Epic Gear Comparison Spreadsheet

Join the legit community channel on Neverwinter!
    /channel_join NW_Legit_Community
    /bind 9 channel_setcurrent NW_Legit_Community
    And press 9 in game (not in ALT mode) to easily access the channel!
  • adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    the thing with tenebrous on a tr (or any other class really) is that it allows you to spec, gear and play in a totally different way than non-tene rogues. a non-tene rogue has to focus on crit, arpen, and power + high damage encounter powers and run a high damage spec. or play a stealth-focused spec and deal much less damage.

a tene rogue has it's offense mostly covered so you can focus your spec and the rest of the gear on making yourself sturdier. that's the kind of tr most players complain about as it can get really tanky and still melt you in no-time.

if you ask me yes... tenebrous are worth it (in pvp of course, wouldn't use them pve personally) and pretty much break the class. but then again every class gets broken with tene so yeah :\

had they removed tene a LONG time ago instaed of swinging nerf bats wildly this game would look a lot differently today.
  • thesakarithesakari Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I haven't met a tene TR that I couldn't rapeandpillage. You give up a lot in order to stack tenes. I can build 27k+ HP and keep my other stats high and kill you in 2 hits before you can even get a single attack off. So I'm going to say not worth it. Extremely expensive and too much to give up in order to make them effective.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    You can still achieve ~2400 power crit ArP with the right setup + tene's and 30k HP (with the right initial stat rolls) This setup steamrolls stat builds even if they have 4k+ power/crit/ArP

Edit: it's also a matter of running more constant DPS over burst encounters like LB and IS.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    You can still achieve ~2400 power crit ArP with the right setup + tene's and 30k HP (with the right initial stat rolls) This setup steamrolls stat builds even if they have 4k+ power/crit/ArP

Edit: it's also a matter of running more constant DPS over burst encounters like LB and IS.

^^this. With the right builds, G.Tenes are ridiculously strong.

The most effective G.Tene TR build I have seen personally is Tymora's of Lemonade Stand, a PoB build (http://www.twitch.tv/highpriest_tymora/profile). It owns all classes with most builds even in 2v1. due to the combination of high survivability and high sustained damage. It is optimized for owning a forward point in Domination, rather than racking up fast kills in groups where you can hide behind others.