test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Moving a preservation ward in inventory will clear it from being selected in fusion

banterbanebanterbane Member Posts: 32
edited October 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
If you select some enchantments/runes/shard to fuse, and select a preservation ward or coalescent ward and you then move the wards to a different inventory slot it will clear them from the fusion selection. I had 64 rank 4's I was converting to rank 7 and had purchased some wards to safeguard my work. I converted the 4's to 5's, the 5's to 6's, the 6's to 7's and then went to convert my 7's to an 8. During this time the wards will stay selected until you close the fusion box, or clear the slot from the fusion box, or run out of the wards. What I didn't know is if you move the ward from one inventory slot to another (as I did) that it will clear the selection without any particular indication that this has happened (I looked after and it does no longer show in the box but if one hasn't cleared it one would not expect this).

A friend also tested this and discovered that it seem to not actually select the ward but instead it selects the slot the ward is stored in.

I have submitted a ticked on this and also asked for a replacement of the enchantment but wanted to post here additionally so that this can be looked at (the behavior is not what one would expect so it does qualify as a bug in my eyes) and possibly addressed and also to possibly assist in the recovery of my enchantment.
Post edited by banterbane on

Comments

• Options
    herk412herk412 Banned Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I can see how this can be open to abuse. Should be fixed pronto.
  • Options
    loomyzaloomyza Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This behaviour is actually the result of the fixing of an old exploit, whilst i agree that the box should clear if the ward moves, you can cry to all heavens, and summon mephistos himself, and you wont get that enchant replaced. Consider it school fees attributed to poor coding.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    herk412 wrote: »
    I can see how this can be open to abuse. Should be fixed pronto.

Love your sig. p enchants are not all from exploits, some of them were legitimately farmed / bought with proceeds from CN farming and the like. still makes me sick :)
  • Options
    banterbanebanterbane Member Posts: 32
    edited October 2013
    loomyza wrote: »
    This behaviour is actually the result of the fixing of an old exploit, whilst i agree that the box should clear if the ward moves, you can cry to all heavens, and summon mephistos himself, and you wont get that enchant replaced. Consider it school fees attributed to poor coding.

I don't believe that I cried at all, perhaps you have confused my post with another? I have not heard back officially yet so I cannot say as to the status of the lost enchantment.

It is certainly poor design. If one selects something and doesn't change the selection it would seem that if it is changed without user indication that they would at least have the box close so that the user doesn't suffer from the poorly chosen method that is currently implemented.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    What i'm saying is they do not replace lost item's regardless of the reason or cause