test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Adding New Conent to Older Zones

dustwiperdustwiper Member Posts: 38 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I know we have epic dungeons, but I feel if you added even one high level quest or dungeon to the older zones people would revisit these zones and explore them more. I think it be amazing to even add more secret areas and not even announce it. So a example I was thinking of was the reflection pool in Helm's hold. You could put a cave behind the statue or expand on the area beside the pool and add higher level enemies. Add another house or two in Protector enclave that we can enter and explore.
Post edited by dustwiper on

Comments

• seneca671seneca671 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd love to see high level deepening of existing zones, too.

Another cool idea would be to integrate this with the Foundry and campaign system:

1) Run a contest to develop content for Helm's Hold/wherever.
    2) Tie it to a reward for players for running Helm's Hold Foundry quests (in order to select winners/reject junk).
    3) Contest terminates with Foundry quests getting polished, becoming high level dailies in an area, with campaign-style quest rewards stretching across multiple zones.

That sort of thing.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Actually, I would like to see somewhat alternate story paths added to existing zones. For instance, the Tower District mainly has to do with fighting the orcs that took over there. There's a mission or two for control wizards that touches on pre-spellplague events that happened there. What if that was expanded s a possible story arc? Similarly, what if there was an arc dealing with rescuing captured Neverwinter citizens, or even with helping some orc rebels to undermine Vansi Bloodscar's rule of the clan?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    ... or even with helping some orc rebels to undermine Vansi Bloodscar's rule of the clan?

Actually, I got a quest like that for my DC Half Elf. It's a quest where you have to help a tribe of Orcs that were forced to ally themselves with the Many Arrows brake free. They give you three quest, which they call rites, and after you deliver all three quests you have to help the leader of the group fight a few Many Arrows that attack them. After that they switch sides and ally themselves with Neverwinter.
    There are a few class (and maybe race) specific quests throughout the game. I wish they they would expend on that more.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Just place epic mob encounters somewhere in the zone that you can fight without running through a whole dungeon. Maybe even seasonal epics.