test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry Lore

joshuaw1946joshuaw1946 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Foundry
Is it just me or should you be able to write foundry lore i mean i know you can make interactions and such but actually have the people take home the lore and keep it in their journal. Of course if cryptic did this the category should be foundry and you would be able to delete unwanted lore so it didn't take up too much space.
Does anyone else think that this is a good idea?

Leader of the "Atine Empire" and of the "Imperial Army of the Atine Empire."
http://kingdomofatherithe.enjin.com/
Post edited by joshuaw1946 on

Comments

• Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's a good idea, I wish they would implement it, I just hope people would be mature enough to not fill your lore journal with useless spam.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    hexedianhexedian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    "Fill your lore journal with useless spam" is exactly what would happen if this was implemented. The idea is commendable, but very abusable. Cryptic has, so far, been on the side of not letting authors do anything that might be a slight be exploitable or griefy, so it's unlikely this idea will see the light of day.
  • Options
    mrthebozermrthebozer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Then they should include a way to make entries removable by the player. Immaturity and griefing can be reported - the quests themselves can already be reported for various reasons. All this needs, beyond an isolated journal tab, is a small grey "x" in the upper corner of each entry.

Edit: ...as stated by the OP, which I totally overlooked.

Second edit: And, to the OP's question, this is desperately needed. Lore books, plaques, and items should function the same way they do in the game, and not eat up our dialogue limits.
    c447.png
  • Options
    gravman213gravman213 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is it just me or should you be able to write foundry lore i mean i know you can make interactions and such but actually have the people take home the lore and keep it in their journal. Of course if cryptic did this the category should be foundry and you would be able to delete unwanted lore so it didn't take up too much space.
    Does anyone else think that this is a good idea?

Leader of the "Atine Empire" and of the "Imperial Army of the Atine Empire."
    http://kingdomofatherithe.enjin.com/

This is a great idea
    enjin-488779-1284698876493137429-blue.png
  • Options
    kithliskithlis Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Brilliant suggestion - I'd envision it as a dedicated section of the Lore (Like "Ebon Downs" has a section, etc).
    Categorized in such a way they can reserve official Lore to count toward the existing Sage achievement/title... and perhaps add a minor achievement for getting a bunch of foundry-exclusive lore (since it is readily abusable, it shouldn't grant a title).
    mrthebozer wrote: »
    Second edit: And, to the OP's question, this is desperately needed. Lore books, plaques, and items should function the same way they do in the game, and not eat up our dialogue limits.
    Goodness yes! Protect the precious limits!
  • Options
    joshuaw1946joshuaw1946 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You guys keep saying they will fill your journal with useless spam but mrthebozer is obviously the only one who read the whole thing cause i did suggest a way to delete unwanted lore.
  • Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Then it would create the burden of having to delete unwanted lore.