test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nature of the Beast (NW-DJLIFAZNG)

marakthemaulermarakthemauler Member Posts: 41
edited November 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
My initial intent behind "Nature of the Beast" was to create a simple mission to learn how to use the foundry. After that I would start on my campaign that I had written for D&D long ago. So I took another D&D adventure that I wrote and started to adapt it to online play. Once I got started, I realized that I just couldn't snip and cut it to be a shadow of its former self and really dove head first into the foundry tool set.

The execution of my design is not perfect (NPC spawn delays due to the need to use timers), but I think you will find it to be an engaging story in which you dictate the outcome.

My next project will be to start on my "Evil Awakenings" campaign, but for now sit back, enjoy and discover the

Nature of the Beast

Within the domains of Nature, there are many paths that can be followed but which one will you take? The fate of a village depends upon your choice, as does the creatures that live in the area.

Adventure Type: Solo
Difficulty: Fights range from easy to challenging all depending upon your choices
Mission Type: Story, Lore, combat is for story advancement
Dialog: The dialog choices changes the story along the way and allows for multiple different outcomes.
Average Play time: 25 minutes

Author Note:
In order to maintain continuity through the mission and not have a dialog prompt on every map about the actions you took on a previous map, certain key choices in the mission will make available clickable items that will need to be picked up. These items open up conversation paths later on in the mission. If you choose not to pick up these items, then certain outcomes will be closed off. There are “escape” paths that will still allow for a good or evil ending, but those dialog paths are terse and irreverent.

Version 1.9
Post edited by marakthemauler on

Comments