test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More Hammer nerfs en route...

whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Temple
Okay, apparently it is bypassing control immunities? My reaction?

grumpy-good.jpg

Dev reaction:

Cleric: Hammer of Fate: The knockback effect is now correctly considered a form of control for immunity and power trigger purposes.

Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

PLEASE FIX THE F*XKGINFS BUGS THAT ARE BREAKING THE CLASS, NOT NERFING ALREADY UNDER-POWRED SPELLS BECAUSE THEY HAPPEN TO HAVE AN UNINTENDED BENEFIT TO THE DC.

Why not just fix it the way you fixed Miracle Healer set bonus, and update the tooltip. "The knockback effect ignores control immunity."

Is that what they meant when they said the Hammer was definitely going to get some more "love". It seems like "love" from the devs here unequivocally means nerfs. I seriously want to see the conversations where they discuss this stuff.

I am all for fixing broken powers and then balancing around properly-working mechanics. But why do we only get the fix when it's a nerf, and then everything else is postponed indefinitely? It's hard not to feel like the motive is disadvantaging the DC even more.

Two of the BASIC combat mechanics are broken for many of our powers: Armor Penetration and Critical Strikes. And the bugs being addressed weaken the power that's had the most lamented and baffling nerf since release.
Post edited by whistlingdixie on

Comments

• sirglenosirgleno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited September 2013
    So, as the generally accepted weakest* PvP class, and the only healer class, we are still getting this type of "love" from the dev team. In any other game I'd be shocked, but at least here it is consistent with other Cleric "fixes" to date. I don't argue that this change isn't reasonable, since it does actually make sense since there isn't any reason to think Grandma's Hammer should bypass CC immunity, but with the rampant cleric bugs is it really appropriate to "fix" this ability to our detriment without offering us some meaningful fixes at the same time? Common sense would have been to shelve this fix until it could be rolled out with at least something that works in our favor.

*I don't personally agree with this, but it sure does seem to be the general consensus - and admittedly Clerics don't have any of the abilities that are arguably broken in implementation (chain CC, gap closers, big damage dailies, stealth, etc.).
    Dystopia - Impact Cleric
    Nyx - Divine Cleric
    Medusa - Brush Wizard
    Spinnerella - Combat Wizard

Don't forget to update the Wiki!
  • shadowordershadoworder Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No love for clerics. If they made us kind of decent clerics from DnD that'd cost them zen. By alienating clerics to the point people don't play them they will see increased profit via health stone sales. It's a win-win for Cryptic! **** the clerics Cryptic needs thier ends!

Ends, some people will break set bonuses
    For the ends, already owned items become bop
    For the ends, sometimes classes get nerfed
    For the ends, so before we go any further
    I want my ends
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

Actually, it kind-of makes sense - I mean, other classes have powers that will knock down enemies or push them back and so on, and those powers are considered control powers so mobs that are immune to control powers are immune to those effects. In fact, it is easy to argue that the hammer should have been this way from the beginning.

That is really not the issue...

The big issue is that we do not really have any good combat powers - and what little we have is partially broken - case in point: Flame Strike never crits. Also, I have seen the complaints about ArPen being utterly ignored - something I have not verified myself, as I have 0 ArPen anyhow, but I can understand this being a big issue for people with a different build.

I do like playing a cleric - I find it a lot more challenging (and more fun) than playing some of the other classes, but having to spend 30 minutes on every "15-minute" Foundry mission is annoying. Yea, it is nice being needed and appreciated in a good group, but it would still be be great to feel a bit less wimpy when soloing.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • clearlyavirginclearlyavirgin Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    That was the only reason I ever used it after the damage nerf. I could knock back guarding GFs, unstoppable GWFs, and ITC rogues...

Looks like I'm using Guardian of Faith from now on.