test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gold !!!!...er uh what do I do with it?

kingblood69kingblood69 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello all just a quick question this morning about gold.....I see it being offered in trade chat for items and I am curious what is the benefit of having gold at 60? Is there a vendor that sells items for gold or is there something else that you can use it for besides low level mounts and companions? :confused:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by kingblood69 on

Comments

• Options
    fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I use it for buying health potions, injury kits and profession resources. Though I have a question, are people really low on gold? I mean I do plenty of dungeons and buy pots and all that stuff but my TR's gold income rate is more than my gold spending rate.
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
  • Options
    baleriondrogonbaleriondrogon Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited September 2013
    Buying kits, potions etc.
    " I don't know half of you as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you as well as you deserve." -J.R.R. Tolkien
    hzcMHai.gif0SwPbeK.gif
  • Options
    caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Health potions. Injury kits. Skill kits.
    Some professional supplies.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Gold is pretty much useless...which is kind-of silly in a game that claims a D&D association.

Anyhow, yeah...I have been buying healing potions and such....either giving stacks to lower-level guild members or putting them in the guild bank, but right now I have around 500G and really nothing useful to spend it on.

Sharandar seemed like a bit of a gold sink at first, but the drop rade of blue "vendor" trash items there is so high that I am easily making 5G/day there, just from stuff gathered while doing my dailies

I wish there was something slightly more useful to spend the gold on.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Gold is for buying keys or anything else people are silly enough to sell for gold. The gold spammer bots offer 100gold for free just for visiting their site to entice players to purchase ad from them. Gold literally has no value as we've always earned more gold at 60 than spent on kits/pots, feywild and the mass influx of blue drops just made it worse. I dont even id blues anymore unless it has the "of youth" graphic or armor pen/crit belt graphic cus those still have some ad value. Everything else is sold for 3 silver
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I use gold to buy health potions, skill kits, and injury kits. On rare occasion, profession resources. And no, since hitting 40 I've never lacked for enough gold.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you're not a cleric or have a clericky companion......your gold is sucked into health potions and kits. :(

Sharandar is a good source for gold if ye be poor!!! ;)
  • Options
    mytgroomytgroo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Health potions, injury kits, skill kits. Used all the time. Also to indicate wealth for your guild.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What the above guys said. Also there's a lot of players who are AD poor and gold rich who are willing to trade items for gold.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    kingblood69kingblood69 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    mytgroo wrote: »
    Health potions, injury kits, skill kits. Used all the time. Also to indicate wealth for your guild.

The last part there to indicate wealth for your guild. What do you mean by that lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]