test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Open challenge - PTR PvP (This saturday!)

llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
Any guild that wants to pvp on the TEST server this coming saturday:
15:00:00 PM EST
19:00:00 PM GMT
12:00:00 PM PST

rules are:
- 1 of each class
- any enchant type allowed (if you need help gearing up we can help providing perfects etc).
- only PVP potions allowed. please don't use any elixir

The last time we did this we had one guild from beholder and one from mindflayer (our buddies prototype & foz).

Reply here if your guild is interested, you can even play against each other, we will still help gear you out.

To create an account on the PTR follow this link:
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?330011-Welcome-to-NeverwinterPreview

(remember you can make duplicate accounts as many times as you like)
Post edited by llantiss on

Comments

• yoloswag360noscoyoloswag360nosco Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd like to see Essence of Aggression signup for this
  • yoloswag360noscoyoloswag360nosco Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    hopefully ^_^
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    llantiss wrote: »
    Any guild that wants to pvp on the TEST server this coming saturday (no set time yet, want to see if there's interest first)

rules are:
    1 of each class
    any enchant type allowed (if you need help gearing up we can help providing perfects etc).

The last time we did this we had one guild from beholder and one from mindflayer (our buddies prototype & foz).

Reply here if your guild is interested, you can even play against each other, we will still help gear you out.

To create an account on the PTR follow this link:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?330011-Welcome-to-NeverwinterPreview

(remember you can make duplicate accounts as many times as you like)

Ill see if we can come, we just picked up a new GF and were working on his gear. Right now our A team isnt rainbow, its 2 GWf instead of GF. If thats an issue, we can sub out for our GF.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'd like to see Complaints Department A Team sign up for this!

Edit: Oops! Curse already replied.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • donblacksheepdonblacksheep Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    We will probably join.

<The Silent Blade>, Beholder.
    Blacksheep - Trickster Rogue Forever <3
    Meatball - Control Wizard
    Criminal Cheater - Hunter Ranger

<Enemy Team> Guild Leader.
  • hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    This sounds fun!
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I didn't know they had pvp on the test shard. Wish we had pvp on live too all we get is horse races and stun/gangbang 3 v 1 /sigh maybe in the future.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I didn't know they had pvp on the test shard. Wish we had pvp on live too all we get is horse races and stun/gangbang 3 v 1 /sigh maybe in the future.

Hate to say it but you got a point. Pvp will continue to be a horse race since it is capture the flag/point instead of real player versus player. PvP will continue to be a stun/gangbang as long as its team PVP, i.e. players vs players. We need 1vs1 pvp in this game badly.

Topic of thread:

I wonder if my guild will be interested.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Or 2v2 in an area as big as a node. However I'd like to see bigger maps with 5 points, 1 being in the center. This way, stacking and staying on 2, while farming kills won't work.

(It will also make people buy more 110% mounts, so there's your marketing incentive :P)
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I kindly ask you NOT to make this into another balance discussion thread, this is strictly a signup thread, thx!

I'm thinking time should be:

If no objections, ill add it to the main post
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I kindly ask you NOT to make this into another balance discussion thread, this is strictly a signup thread, thx!

I'm thinking time should be:

If no objections, ill add it to the main post

No one mentioned balance, it was a discussion about how crappy PVP in the game is compared to pure combat 1vs1 pvp. The devs need to improve it. But you do have a point about this thread strictly being for signup. Sorry for thread stealing a bit by replying to goddessunique.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
    edited September 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Ill see if we can come, we just picked up a new GF and were working on his gear. Right now our A team isnt rainbow, its 2 GWf instead of GF. If thats an issue, we can sub out for our GF.

We will either match that composition or just let you go like that and see if its a close game and make adjustments for the rematch
    edited September 2013
    We will probably join.

<The Silent Blade>, Beholder.

add me to friend list so we can discuss if you need any help with enchants and stuff:
    lantis@lantiss1
  • astronaxastronax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Any guild that wants to pvp on the TEST server this coming saturday (no set time yet, want to see if there's interest first)

I'd like to see my guild (Exodus) joining this great event, but not sure - i'll try to persuade them to be stomped ;) See, no A-teams or pro-pvp'ers here, just bunch of casual players, like myself.

P.S.
    I'll start to craft those perfect vorapls and stuff on PTR immediately (on my own).
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Flaming and extra non-constructive or irrelevant commentary needs to be kept out of this thread. Thanks.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • insomniacgluttoninsomniacglutton Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    FF Lantis. Kthx.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2013
    2 confirmed guilds so far? anyone need help with enchants?
  • xtraordinary91xtraordinary91 Member Posts: 323 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    2 confirmed guilds so far? anyone need help with enchants?

llantiss, CD will be out there. We will probably need some help with Enchants on the server.
    Desidus@Xtraordinary91
    19.9k PvP Control Wizard
    <Complaints Department>
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Its looking like I might actually have Saturday off. I've got a 50/50 chance.

Gonna see whose available on Saturday from Essence of Aggression.

Either way I'll confirm or deny when I know for sure.

I hope to be able to come!

PS. Really cool that you are doing this, I wish it happened more often, and helping get enchants is pretty awesome =)
  • astronaxastronax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    2 confirmed guilds so far?

Hell, i really want my guild to participate, but they kind of just turn pu$$y mode ON :( Like, "no way, man, we are not ready, they'll stomp us". My main argument was like, it's not about who stomp who, but about getting experience and fun. Wuteva, apparently, i'm not a good persuader=\
    Is there any chance to join this as a sub or something? I mean, are non-full-guild premades possible?
    munkey81 wrote: »
    PS. Really cool that you are doing this, I wish it happened more often, and helping get enchants is pretty awesome =)

U can fuse those enchants solo by the way, since u are not restricted with character copies ;)
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Quick question, are we going to set some rules on armor swapping? B/c this is test realm and we could create unlimited enchants so just wanted to throw this out there. Going to be really stupid when I'm fighting someone and negation, thunderhead, barkshield, and SF all pop within 30 seconds.

I would really like to see a no armor swapping policy in place if that's possible, it's not like it takes skill to double click your 10th thunderhead to keep your stunlock going... I'm on TSB team from beholder btw.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I didn't realize you could copy more then once, was wondering how they were going to help with enchants =)

I cant imagine anyone allowing armor swapping. Its a cheap cowards way to win and the perma ban hammer should come down hard on people caught using it on Live...
  • drasndrasn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Gonna try to get my guild in on this. No promises, time conflicts and all that.

Despair - Beholder

PS: Guild is not a P2W so we are only rocking rank 7-8 enchants atm. Will try to get them over there soon to start upgrading enchants.
    edited September 2013
    If its not clear then let me clarify this:

we consider ARMOR SWAPPING a CHEAT
    we consider using ELIXIRS a CHEAT

It will be trully sad if we catch someone doing it, especially on PTR where everyone have equal gear.

Personally anyone who knows me, will know I stream ALL my premades, I have nothing to hide and i encourage streaming/frapsing like the last event.

and once again, msg me lantis@lantiss1 if you need help with enchants
  • dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Count Antagony in

Although Buffing all our toons is going to be a pain

Can anyone supply Greater Tene's?

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
    edited September 2013
    dersidius wrote: »
    Count Antagony in

Although Buffing all our toons is going to be a pain

Can anyone supply Greater Tene's?

I have a better idea, leave your char@usename here with the list of what items you need (ask your guildmates aswell) and i'll email you all the items. I'm on PTR right now if you just want to trade them
  • dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have a better idea, leave your char@usename here with the list of what items you need (ask your guildmates aswell) and i'll email you all the items. I'm on PTR right now if you just want to trade them

Ty Just send it to my Handle @dersidius I have two toons, I might go gwf one round and TR another, unsure

If possible

Dark Enhancment Rank 10X 20
    Radiant Enhance Rank10 x 20
    Azure Enhance Rank10 x 20
    Silver Enhance Rank x 20
    Perfect Vorpalx5
    Perfect SFx5
    Greater Teneborus x30? Might need that many for the team, Lol

If you can help me with this that would be awesome xD

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
    edited September 2013
    dersidius wrote: »
    Ty Just send it to my Handle @dersidius I have two toons, I might go gwf one round and TR another, unsure

If possible

Dark Enhancment Rank 10X 20
    Radiant Enhance Rank10 x 20
    Azure Enhance Rank10 x 20
    Silver Enhance Rank x 20
    Perfect Vorpalx5
    Perfect SFx5
    Greater Teneborus x30? Might need that many for the team, Lol

If you can help me with this that would be awesome xD

Can't help you with silvery, darks, the rest is ok
    edited September 2013
    If this is inaccurate please correct me and ill remove the question marks:

Dragon:
    LS

Mindflayer:
    CD
    Exodus
    Antagony(???)

Beholder:
    TSB
    Despair(???)

Don't forget to create a guild on the PTR for it to be more official ;]
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Haven't heard anything official from EoA. My Saturday is taken, so I know I won't be on. Haven't seen anything on our forums either.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!