test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

At-will dilemma

yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Temple
Hi guys,

I've got a build oriented on full healing and based on hallowed ground/linked spirit proc. I use Sacred Flame + Astral Seal and all works good: astral seal grants regen, Sacred flame's temporary hp grants to proc the heal bonus from feats.

But in PvP I see some problems: build divinity it's so hard so I switch from sacred flame to Brand of the sun.
Easy way to build divinity and I feel better in PvP.

Then I start use BotS+AS even in PvE: I think it's better, or I'm wrong?

Today I'm using this (with Bots instead of Sacred flame):
http://clericguide.com/post-balance-patch-healing-build-using-bastion-of-health/

The deepstone blessing (more healing power on char with temp hp) it's unuseful w/o sacred flame, right?

The questions (in a better order):
- Astral Seal returning heal works with the DoT of BotS?
- In PvE it's better to have Sacred Flames or BotS?
- The deepstone blessing is good with Sacred Flames, but with BotS?
- In the case of the deepstone bless isn't good with BotS what's a good feat that work with it?

Thanks in advance
firmaconsiglio.gif
Post edited by yukuaiita on

Comments

• cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    In PvP I use BotS and Astral seal, I hit every opponent with each of them when I can b/c BotS builds constant divinity with each tick, and astral heals my allies. I can't really say for PvE, probably sacred flame for the temp HP.

I prefer a survivability spec for PvP, but I know most clerics aren't going to spec specifically for it ;)
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • shienarashienara Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    With my Pve-Cleric i always use Astral-Seal and Sacred Flame because like you said Deepstone Blessing is unuseful without it.
    With my PvP-Cleric i use Astral Seal and BotS, but i do not have divinity-problems there because i use a righteous-specc there and with Bountiful Fortune, Righteous Rage of Tempus and Etheral Boon its nearly impossible to have no divinity.
    Did you try Divine Fortune for Pvp? I also take that skill in Pve on fights where i know i will struggle with building up divinity...or when im lazy :D
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    In my original build from leveling my cleric, I had points in BOTS...but I didn't really like the skill. I finally respecced the other day and I skipped BOTS all together. Does this mean I think you're wrong? No. Does this mean that my new build is bad? No. It means, imo, if you like it better, then use it.

Also, if you like building divinity with a DOT in PVP, try Break the Spirit. I've started using it recently in GG PVP and Arena and I'm really enjoying it.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The big problem is that a character can't be PvP and PvE at the same time ... So now I've to leave my DC-Pve-Healing with SF+AS and create a new one (maybe a tank-version?) for pvp with BotS+AS.

****!
    firmaconsiglio.gif
  • craeh1craeh1 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    yukuaiita wrote: »
    - Astral Seal returning heal works with the DoT of BotS?
    Yes, if u can mange dealing BotS and Seal constantly.
    - In PvE it's better to have Sacred Flames or BotS?
    Depends on how u can handle it.
    I can do better with BotS, tried a couple time with SF but I wasnt able to keep my mates alive and act like I used to with BotS.
    - The deepstone blessing is good with Sacred Flames, but with BotS?
    There arent that many other options to keep temp. HP up... So I'd say the points at Deepstone are kinda wasted.
    Actually it's Divine Armor only next to Sacred Flame, isnt it?
    - In the case of the deepstone bless isn't good with BotS what's a good feat that work with it?
    Brand of the Sun on Virtuous Path is the only one I have in mind... But needs 5 Point spend before...

I do my Way with BotS since months, since I tried a couple times with Sacred Flame and just faild - playing the way cribstaxxx described, dealing Astral Seal and BotS to almost every enemy in sight and gain Divinity and APs constantly.
    (Just kinda nice on solo playing: combined with etheral boon (Righteous) its possible to use punishing light very well next to BotS.)
    And to be honest, noones Ive met been missing Sacred Flame so far or blaming me for no using...
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to play the right way!
  • jeffmwillsonjeffmwillson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    PVE I use Astral Seal and Brand of the sun as my two at wills. BotS for divinity building. Astral seal because its amazing. Best way to play them in low mob area is continue to use them until you get a crit. then let the AS or BotS stay on that enemy as crit. seal then counts as crit heal and bots does more dmg this way. in high mob area. bots as many as possible for divinity gain and seal as many as possible too but can concentrate more on what melee is targeting at time with seal. just my humble opinion. seems to work good for me.
  • gudgeonatorgudgeonator Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have the deepstone blessing feat and do not use sacred flame apart from solo pve, sometimes dungeons, and pvp if I forget to swap it for astral seal. I always use bots regardless - too awesome for fire and forget divinity building to skip. I also use break the spirit as an extra bots on steroids (for pvp and sometimes bosses).

But I have holy resolve and healing step. Both of these, along with divine armor (which I use instead of hallowed ground) provide a source of temp hit points unless the tooltips are lying to me again.

Healing step and holy resolve proc pretty much at thier max rate in pvp - and if they don't - you probably don't need them to as you're playing unscary people with low chance to crit who aren't taking you under 30% health. If I'm engaged - I see a lot of that little yellow slice of health. If I was relying on getting the third hit of sacred flame off on targets regularly, I'd also be eating lots more swords, knives and pew pew pews, not to mention being a perfect target for cc.

I also use a lot of punishing light in pvp which makes choice of at-will a little moot. being able to move and do damage simultaneously is not to be dismissed lightly.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    craeh1 wrote: »
    There arent that many other options to keep temp. HP up... So I'd say the points at Deepstone are kinda wasted.
    Actually it's Divine Armor only next to Sacred Flame, isnt it?

It's (I suspect) intended to be synergistic with other classes: GFs, for instance, have a ton of tempHP-generating skills, both for themselves and for the party as a whole (into the fray), so it's not all that bad.
  • yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    morsitans wrote: »
    It's (I suspect) intended to be synergistic with other classes: GFs, for instance, have a ton of tempHP-generating skills, both for themselves and for the party as a whole (into the fray), so it's not all that bad.

uhm, you're right.
    SF generates temp hp but every class can generate them ... I've to try more :P
    firmaconsiglio.gif
  • whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The TempHP from Sacred Flame is better off ignored. It's just over 300 HP that disappears immediately upon existing "combat mode" (where your character has a blue circle on the ground around him.) It wouldn't last past even one hit. If you thinking about the "uptime" for that TempHP buff, it's negligible. Divine Armor is the only TempHP buff we have that's worth considering.
    edited September 2013
    So is better to switch Sacred Flame with BotS and as feats switch Deepstone blessing with Enduring relief (the other feats level 1 in faithful path)?
    firmaconsiglio.gif
  • gudgeonatorgudgeonator Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    People seem to like enduring relief. It may proc off most heals ( Healing-Powers-and-Synergistic-Feats ), not just those cast in divinity, unless that's been fixed - you may need to search for that.

Are the 3 seconds of 5% better heals worth more to you than the 10% more effective heals for the uncertain duration of temp hit points? What do the tooltips even mean? how long is a piece of string? My personal choice of deepstone blessing was based on me using skills and feats that result in lots of temp hit points floating around. I am happy to be corrected if it's obvious that enduring belief is always a better choice - even for me. For you it seems the advice provided thus far points towards enduring relief. Cheers!