test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about late game

yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi all :)

I premise that I love this game. Even if here's something that could be better (PvP, something in all classes) I've a question about late game: what can be done in late game?
I'm a level 60, I did alot of dungeons but not MC or NC, and I don't have my t2 set so my "end" is far away but yesterday talking with some player a question popped out:
"What's the point of this?"

Because having the T2 sets (armor and weapons) and done every dungeon tons of times make the character complete, right? It'll be something that will be implemented for high level char (like maps with high difficult that can be done ony in a full party 60?)

I'm curious about it, cause I think that if NWO can offer a very good late game can be the perfect game :P
firmaconsiglio.gif
Post edited by yukuaiita on

Comments

• degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I wouldn't get your hopes up.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    You play the foundries. You cannot find one that you like? You design one. That makes the content endless. On the other hand, Cryptic can make t3 dungeon/gear, t4 dungeon/gear, t5 dungeon/gear and so on, it just delays the end while making things more and more impossible for the new players.
    English is not my first language.
  • traznixtraznix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This game lacks morale boosts. For example, on other games, I always got motivated to play and get geared up when I saw players with full +15 items, full gem slots, full enchancements, max pets, max level, etc.
    Neverwinter needs new content released every couple of months or so. Updates should include new level caps, new skills, new gear (not wonky set pieces from daily campaigns), new dungeons (harder ones), new maps (harder maps for end-game, not like Sharandar that you can solo with 4000 GS) and so on. Add a new upgrading system, let us make items +1 +2 +3 ... and so on, until +15 or even +20. That would set a goal, give us something to do, to work for. Also add a higher grade to items, like Gold (legendary) ... make players dream of becoming the best on the server. Add EFFECTS to characters, like flames or sparks for end-game full items, so players have something to brag with, and motivate others when they see them. Add character runes, just like pet ones, but for characters, with strong stats, and make them hard to get, make players work for them. Add world bosses, with extreme drops, like 1 month duration GODLIKE weapon, and players will be motivated to play more, and get the weapon for themselves. There are an infinite amount of things to improve the game, but so far, there is no interest from the developers ... and that hurts the most

Best Regards,
    Yggdrasil
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I agree with the "more content every few months" idea, but I see an answer that give me a real reason to be here: foundries.

I never tought to do/create them (atm I think that the time to do them it's worth due to the fact that the prizes are so low)
    firmaconsiglio.gif
  • nymerosnymeros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A Raid Dungeon\Skirmish will be the solution, not bugged if it's possible :rolleyes:
    Words are like arrows. Once loosed, you cannot call them back
    Co-Leader of G r A v i t y X G a m e - Founder of the 1st Legit LFG and member of NW_Legit_Community
  • preownedpegasuspreownedpegasus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    off topic... is this game mac compatible? I want to play but don't have a PC and I cant find anything that shows it is not.
  • samuraim0samuraim0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 87
    edited September 2013
    off topic... is this game mac compatible? I want to play but don't have a PC and I cant find anything that shows it is not.

Haha a mac.
  • sedryntyrossedryntyros Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I think I heard somewhere that Macs give you cancer. I'd recommend you trade it to somebody for a PC. ;)
  • bladerunner2000bladerunner2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think I heard somewhere that Macs give you cancer. I'd recommend you trade it to somebody for a PC. ;)

You sir deserve a big LOL....
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Since MACs now use X86 hardware, you can either get a Windows emulator or dual boot into Windows. The lack of a mention of MAC support means that there is none - not that they forgot to mention it.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The point is the same point as any other MMO: character progression.

In this case, it's prepping for new content. As the game is still semi-new, there's bound to be more difficult content coming down at some point. Gearing up now will mean you're ready when it hits. Also, maybe some day pvp will be less lame, more balanced, and worth doing.
  • drbaalsdrbaals Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    nymeros wrote: »
    A Raid Dungeon\Skirmish will be the solution, not bugged if it's possible :rolleyes:

As it seems so far from reading post after posts about bugged this and bugged that. I dont see that happening a bug free anything any time soon.

Thus game has no great end game. They expect you to reroll and repeat. The end game so far is pretty much do same quests over and over and over again. Which is boring. Because they are so easy and repeat over and over and over
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    The new dungeon is actually quite well design except drops are terrible. I enjoy playing MC a lot since it is fun to do so, but sadly as a end-game player I spend half my time doing PVP and other Half doing CN run to farm AD get better enchant to PVP... That being sad there is really isn't much late game content available in Neverwinter. After all it is a FTP game
  • yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Ehy! go out of my tread Mac user! :D:D
    firmaconsiglio.gif