test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

See my new quest

joshuaw1946joshuaw1946 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Foundry
hi guys i just made a new quest it is a guild hall for my guild but please check it out and give it a review it is still in beta so keep tht in mind. "Scalethorn Castle"
Post edited by joshuaw1946 on

Comments

• Options
    cadrantaarcadrantaar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hey! Played through it, though there isn't much to play through yet.

1) Councilman Hanoe says "please don't free welcome".
    2) The room with a big open space in the middle which is filled with a lime green plane is weird. I would replace the lime green plane with something else.
    3) The white background and trees in the little bridge segments is actually quite cool. I'd leave that.

Other than that, there's not a lot to do. Not sure what your plans are with it, but I'm sure you have plenty of ideas. Find out where/why the king is gone, etc. Anyways, altogether a cute little area.

Would you mind giving my foundry a review? It's called The Siege of Ferrous Canyon, short code NW-DDY7N2CEJ.
  • Options
    joshuaw1946joshuaw1946 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ok will do thanx for feedback and its mainly just a guild gathering hall and also the king is gone cause i am king and it would be wierd while i am playing it, i have also added mob room and a few other things
  • Options
    nimzowitchnimzowitch Member Posts: 30
    edited September 2013
    You have a good start to something here. The spots where the vaulted ceilings converge in your two main side rooms could use some pillars under them, and adding some furnishings throughout this environment would make it look much nicer. Please give mine a try when you have a chance: Into the Drow Helix.
  • Options
    phoeniciansonphoenicianson Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey, I just played through this quest... I am a bit confused, as I know it is in beta, but the storyline directly leads you to the end, as I noticed most finished in 1 minute based on the average time, so I assume that most of the 111 plays preceding mine went from the first dialogue directly to the box. I explored the map... very cool map! A bit sparse with details, which you can work on, but this is the first Feywild map I have seen used on Foundry, and it looked great!

The encounters were a lot of fun! Particularly, the grouped elites with the minions that made that encounter quite challenging for my Lev60 CW. I assume that final encounter is scheduled to be the boss encounter? I think you should consider using the Feywild Hard 6 Group, because based on the skins you used, the Fire Hard encounter Elites seemed very out of place for what you have them skinned as for that particular battle.

You need to fix the "i" in your dialogue, and capitalize that letter to "I", which is done throughout all dialogue chains. I was completely lost with the dialogue on the Job Board, I assume that you will be doing something to connect that particular content to a dialogue option or storyline? Other than that, Hunt Master Cerandis, Player Response Dialogue Box 1, "in charge" is two words, not one.

Let me know when you finish your beta and connect the pieces. I will play through again for the final version now that I played through the beta and have a feel for the theme and environment.

I would greatly appreciate if you would reciprocate and play through mine, here is the name and link to its foundry post:
    Fall of the City of Grumura. It is 25 minutes for the core quest, and 30 to 35 minutes if you decide to interact with the optional NPC for the background to the storyline, where he elaborates further on the history leading up to the particular quest. Short of that expansion, the storyline dialogue is very light, unless you choose to have the NPC elaborate.

It is a battle intensive quest, with interactions, and on a fully custom 1024x1024 map with 1500/1500 detail. I built the entire city on that map. Please play through and review, and feel free to provide notes on its page! Let me know when you finish this quest and I will play through again! Thanks in advance for playing through mine!