Install Arc

CN weapon set or MC weapon set??

nevets6169nevets6169 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Library
i got my formorian off hand
just wonder i should upgrade my artificing until lv20 to make MC orb
or just buy CN orb and off hand
i know the stat just different by little bit only
anyone have artificing lv20, that know what kinds of fragment is needed and the amount?
Post edited by nevets6169 on

Comments

• mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited September 2013
    Requires for you to farm 3 items on MC and purchase the require tools for crafting. Gud luk.
  • nevets6169nevets6169 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    and its not 100% success >.<
  • naomlnaoml Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2013
    nevets6169 wrote: »
    and its not 100% success >.<

make you to buy +100% assets which will be 300-800k (depend server and timing)

Ancient Orb & Talisman will be cheaper to get but not by a lot (600k+400k in Dragon shard), and don't forget you can farm some CN and get it.
    The MC Famorian Orb will cost you time (about 1-2 weeks leveling Artifacting) and money (Riser 1m+-, Quillion 300k, stone 400k, 3 steel files & 2 Iron Files which gives 104% to quality - 250k) or a lot more time to farm all of the fragments (much longer then to raise that amount in AD, in my opinion)

Bottom line:
    Ancient set - 1m AD
    Famorian set - 1.95m AD

on the other hand 18 extra weapon damage is equal to around 500 power...

you can decide based on that.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I went with the Ancients, even though I had the off hand as well. Fomorian set is more of a show off thing. Now I will take my time and level Artificing, also try to borrow the assets and give a nice tip instead of buying. New content might be released until I am finished with this :)
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ancient set - 1m AD?

I'd rather buy more vorpal ench. and put into my Fabled Ill. orb!
    As for the fomorian its lots of farming yes but it will be done eventually.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kozi001 wrote: »
    Ancient set - 1m AD?

I'd rather buy more vorpal ench. and put into my Fabled Ill. orb!
    As for the fomorian its lots of farming yes but it will be done eventually.

The Ancient set is rather cheap at 1.000K AD. I paid 1.300K or so and not long ago it was 2.000K+. You can use other gear sure, the Champion Orb has nice crit and ArP and some HP as well, but the Ancient set will give you a bonus, so you won't beat it, except with the Fomorian of course.
  • zekzt87zekzt87 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well the ancient set ONLY profit if pumping some GS higher.
    The item separate stats are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> [champion orb have way better stats] the only reason people look into the set is 450 reco, wich gives roufghly.. nothing at the point you already have 3-3.5k [the % increase will be minor, it wont do much difrence in real fight]
    The reason we should use orb is the base damage that is slightly higher than other orbs - but in my case is simply resigned from it. simple reason - champion orb gives me the arm pen and crit wich gives overall higher dps output than the extra pure weapon dmg.
    0prg.jpg
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    zekzt87 wrote: »
    Well the ancient set ONLY profit if pumping some GS higher.
    The item separate stats are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> [champion orb have way better stats] the only reason people look into the set is 450 reco, wich gives roufghly.. nothing at the point you already have 3-3.5k [the % increase will be minor, it wont do much difrence in real fight]
    The reason we should use orb is the base damage that is slightly higher than other orbs - but in my case is simply resigned from it. simple reason - champion orb gives me the arm pen and crit wich gives overall higher dps output than the extra pure weapon dmg.

But the bonus recovery means that you can drop recovery elsewhere and get even more crit/ArP in it's place...
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    @cribstaxxx, most of us don't have Recovery through enchantments and are already at the soft-cap.
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    uurbs wrote: »
    @cribstaxxx, most of us don't have Recovery through enchantments and are already at the soft-cap.

I wear HV have no recovery on my enchantments and use ancient weapon/offhand and only have ~2900 recovery. I am speaking about PvP however, with my stone I have like 3400+ I also have no recovery on my accessories, all power/crit/ArP
  • zekzt87zekzt87 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Reco is one of the most overrated stats we have.
    I have for example 2.6k reco and this gives me 43% faster skill cd and 32% ap gain [i have overall stats of 24 int, 18 wis, 18 char]

Sure skill rotation and small cd's are essential, but people look to much on the stat amout itself and skip looking at the percentage they got as the outcome [ive seen people with 3.9k reco that had 41%/30.5% when i have 43/32 with 2.6k]

I have ancient weapon set but i stoped using it long ago [sure i can put it on to score higher GS amout... but whats the point, in my opinion and by my personal experience im far better with champ orb and sw talisman]
    0prg.jpg
    edited September 2013
    zekzt87 wrote: »
    Reco is one of the most overrated stats we have.
    I have for example 2.6k reco and this gives me 43% faster skill cd and 32% ap gain [i have overall stats of 24 int, 18 wis, 18 char]

Sure skill rotation and small cd's are essential, but people look to much on the stat amout itself and skip looking at the percentage they got as the outcome [ive seen people with 3.9k reco that had 41%/30.5% when i have 43/32 with 2.6k]

I have ancient weapon set but i stoped using it long ago [sure i can put it on to score higher GS amout... but whats the point, in my opinion and by my personal experience im far better with champ orb and sw talisman]

You gain 434 Crit, 126 ArP, and 504 HP by using Champion mage + SW talisman (you also gain 70 defense but that is moot b/c your defense is still going to be below 90% of DPS characters ArP)

for those stats you lose 18 weapon damage, 403 power, 458 recovery, 207 deflect, and 207 regen.

18 damage alone is worth another 360 power based on previous testing. from a PvP standpoint the regen (+ the regen from HV) is amazing, and the deflect doesn't hurt either. As far as PvE goes my Ioun stone makes up for any ArP deficiencies in my gear and am able to stack up 11% lifesteal as well.

Cooldown reduction and AP gain are more important on CW than any other class, IMO there is no contest.

I am interested however in the initial question of this thread, how much better is fomorian set than ancient? The amount invested to get them is really not a factor because the weaponsmiths and grinding stones can be sold for roughly what you paid for them after you have your weapon.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »

I am interested however in the initial question of this thread, how much better is fomorian set than ancient? The amount invested to get them is really not a factor because the weaponsmiths and grinding stones can be sold for roughly what you paid for them after you have your weapon.

From the CWs in my guild who have it, they say they've noticed no difference in damage.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
    edited September 2013
    From the CWs in my guild who have it, they say they've noticed no difference in damage.

Yeah the cleric weapon/offhand are trash lol, and I inferred from the super low cost of artificing items that the orb was probably nothing special either =P