test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP: afk, queue, tournaments and other things

yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hi all,

I tried alot of PvP and I'm happy to see that the mechanics of the game can create a very good base where a pvp population can be grow :P
But here's some bad thing that need to be modify/inserted:

Queue system
Today it seems to be totally random and it's not so fun!
Two little modifies:
- GS must be a value that discriminate the queue: it's so annoying to see 7K vs 13K!
- Full team queue: create a queue for full parties. This can be good to avoid PUG vs premade and to create more fun with premade vs premade

Leavers
The worst part of PvP and what it makes it bad. We need to punish afker and leaver: if you leave a PvP you've to pay level/10 AD (10K at level 60).

AFKers
Let the players vote at the end of a match. A voting system like LoL could be good: it can help Cryptic to clean the game from players that are making PvP bad and makes other players rage :P

Modes
We need other modes. And the Dominio mode need to be changed: today it's a "run-with-fastest-mount" :cool:
Change the rewards for taking a point and kills: 150 for capture, 75 for kills.

Ingame tournaments
A system that generate tournaments could be usefull. Daily, Weekly, Monthly tournaments in solo or in premade, with prizes, maybe something unique?

----
I hop that this tread can help and that I didn't wrote dumbing things!
firmaconsiglio.gif
Post edited by yukuaiita on

Comments

• yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    yukuaiita wrote: »
    Leavers
    The worst part of PvP and what it makes it bad. We need to punish afker and leaver: if you leave a PvP you've to pay level/10 AD (10K at level 60).

Just can repeat myself here. Don't punish ppl for a bad game experience and a broken PVP system. In the end even less ppl will play. I keep on leaving matches when there are 2 GWFs or 2 GFs on the other team. I am sick getting kicked around all the time or hit someone that is almost always immune to the little CC I have and knock me down all the match.

Sorry, but it is no fun when 2 GFs charge me as a DC and one kicks me away, after that I got kicked by the second guy and so forth. And that continues the whole match. I can't dodge away because my 2 dodges are a joke when they just walk or rush to me again with another kick.

Playing those games is just a pain. If you would punish me for playing them, I would not even join PVP anymore in the first place.

Rather than punishing ppl devs should make PVP fun, challenging and balanced for all classes. This way you would attract even more players. You should not talk about how you can get rid of people that don't have pure fun in PVP but how you can attract more people to have fun in PVP.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Wow these are all great idea's, well put. For Q system even if they balanced team GS that would work, so if you get a 7k on your team you can bet that either they have a 7k or their average GS is lower.

@yokihiro: As the system is now 1 person can ruin 9 other people pvp experience with no penalty to themselves, this is stupid. I am sure you don't want a penalty as your are the game ruiner, but think about if you were having a fun and close match and a teammate left, there goes any fun that you were having. If having a leaving penalty would stop quitters from joining in the first place then great! that's what the people that enjoy pvp want. And then when you decide you want to finish your pvp daily you certainly won't be dropping out of the game as you lose more diamonds than you would have made, I think these idea's are awesome =)

Great leaving penalty also yuku, that would cut down leavers by like 99% lol
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    Just can repeat myself here. Don't punish ppl for a bad game experience and a broken PVP system. In the end even less ppl will play. I keep on leaving matches when there are 2 GWFs or 2 GFs on the other team. I am sick getting kicked around all the time or hit someone that is almost always immune to the little CC I have and knock me down all the match.

Sorry, but it is no fun when 2 GFs charge me as a DC and one kicks me away, after that I got kicked by the second guy and so forth. And that continues the whole match. I can't dodge away because my 2 dodges are a joke when they just walk or rush to me again with another kick.

Playing those games is just a pain. If you would punish me for playing them, I would not even join PVP anymore in the first place.

Rather than punishing ppl devs should make PVP fun, challenging and balanced for all classes. This way you would attract even more players. You should not talk about how you can get rid of people that don't have pure fun in PVP but how you can attract more people to have fun in PVP.

I'm sorry to read this because even my primary char is a DC and I know what you're saying but you don't see the other things that are involved in a battle. For example: you take the situation with 2 GFs pushing.
    If 2 GF are knocking you down it means that your 4 teammates have a numeric advantage against the e othe enemies. Obviously if you see that the 2gf continue targeting you you've to change spells to grant you a bit advantage.

I don't think that here can be an excuse for leavers: with a GS balance in queue leavers wont be allowed.
    If you fight against enemies in your GS range even if here's bad situation (like double GF, GFW, DC etc) you can do well, without leaving :P
    firmaconsiglio.gif
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    yukuaiita wrote: »
    I'm sorry to read this because even my primary char is a DC and I know what you're saying but you don't see the other things that are involved in a battle. For example: you take the situation with 2 GFs pushing.
    If 2 GF are knocking you down it means that your 4 teammates have a numeric advantage against the e othe enemies. Obviously if you see that the 2gf continue targeting you you've to change spells to grant you a bit advantage.

Not much advantage a DC can use when those classes are basically all the time immune to anything I throw at them (for example: When a GF blocks I could understand that he negates my damage, but why does he negate my CCs, too? Not a chance to even slow him in this state). My DPS will never be high enough to kill them, even if it takes 1 second longer for them to close in they will catch me. They rush to me while I can't move away anymore once dodged 2 times. If I try to keep away from the brawl I can just count the seconds until I will see the big knife hitting me because one TR stealthes behind me because a DC that stands aside is like a lighthouse saying "Here am I, kill me".

Additionally Neverwinter is the only MMO I played as a healer where literally no one in your team ever watches the healer, tries to get enemies off of you or anything else. Why? Because with healer or without healer - it makes not much different for your team anyway. As said: DPS rules over heals in PVP. Your team is better off with another stealthing TR than a DC that can't keep a teammate alive once he is picked by the enemy team.

And by the way: Leaving a game mainly occurs in the first minutes of gameplay. When you see that there is a wall of GFs and GWFs that is unbreakable. It is hardly 1 minute before end when it is 960 vs 940. Additionally: If the scoreboard would finally show the real classes (often it shows someone being a healer although he is a GF or whatever - this thing never shows correct classes) I would even leave after 10 seconds once I would see that it is GF time.
  • gokkensgokkens Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Seeing their is no penalty for leaving I ask myself often, if you hate playing 3vs5 so <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> much that their is a new topic on the forums each day! why not also just leave with them and que for a new match?! if the entire team quite you basicly just got free glory!
  • pw3ckapw3cka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

Really.....

If you think the balance is broken, the game is broken etc.. WHY DO YOU QUE in the first place?

To mess up the game for other 9 people?

I so much hope they implement the penalty, because leavers and AFKers is the only thing that is currently destroying any kind of fun.
  • dhuras1dhuras1 Member Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013

Then stop queuing! You're the one <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up PvP. Do you also expect to get the chest at the end of a dungeon if you quit? I think not. If you quit, you should get nothing.
  • yukuaiitayukuaiita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think that players that are annoyed by the leavers/afkers are alot :P
    Even yesterday I do 6 pvp matches:
    - 2 starting with 4 players (oh yeah)
    - 1 with 2 leaver

firmaconsiglio.gif