test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DC tanks harder than Guardian class. Dev pls kindly look into it!

2»

Comments

• Options
    xmachinaxmachina Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2013
    Yeah def wasn't me then. I run dungeons and PVP naked with a pink star mask and my hair is white.

Oh, I got the hair color wrong, it's you. I'm color blind thought blonde and white = same.
  • Options
    wh0wh0 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ... pvp another DC is wasting of my time..... Either a dps DC or equivalent... Zzz Zzz
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    ... pvp another DC is wasting of my time..... Either a dps DC or equivalent... Zzz Zzz! Bro don waste time la....

Appologise for double post.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    stop facing 7k pugs in pvp and look for 14k+gs premades...end of story.
  • Options
    dustwiperdustwiper Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    First off DC don't heal themselves as much as they do to other classes due to righteousness. So you want to give us another penalty because there a few good geared DC out there? Most of the heals we have heal over time so why the need for a delay counter? Leave things as they are.
  • Options
    zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I just got my DC to level 60 about a week ago (I had all the gear waiting).
    I went a tanky defense & healing build/setup.
    I started PvPing with it... and it's soooo fun! More fun than pvping with my TR, dare I say.
    DC really does tank pretty hard; however, only if it has the right gear. There are some DC's that are just extremely squishy and can be killed rather quickly.
    That's the same for every class, though. If you have better gear, you'll get more perks in PvP.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    akomplishedakomplished Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    14k so you mean a group made up of GFs, Tank GWFs, HP stacking DCs and no CW/TR? Sure.
  • Options
    trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2013
    I don't think you have fought many DC in PVP...unlike bulls spamming we don't rely on cooldowns and I have plenty more stamina left for ya <3

i ripped lots of DC with my character and im only using rank5 enchants
    a wise player doesnt spam skills while DC is inside a blue circle

a wise TR for example will wait for it to disappear then LB = KO :cool:
    its just like GWF unstoppable
  • Options
    sakiz105sakiz105 Member Posts: 37
    edited September 2013
    Dps geared and specced GF here
    30k hp,9k power,timeless 2.5k recov 2k deflect 1.5k crit 3800 def
    Not even close to full end build (rank 5 and 6 enchants still no gemmed pants and ancient weapons)
    I take double the damage from second in rank,i die only because people can't revive me
    So no,WH0,you are either a dip**** gf either you got your *** handed by some premade team with 3 dcs.I'm pretty sure you don;t have a dc either because if you did you would know better about crying for nerf
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Maintenance is complete!
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah def wasn't me then. I run dungeons and PVP naked with a pink star mask and my hair is white.

Hmm. I did Karru ages ago with you. Certainly a very memorable character. I was also the Half-Orc DC in pink sunite garb who crashed your guild's pig dance party in PE last night :)
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have a 14k TR and a 13k DC (hurr, gs.)
    From my experience PvPing with my DC, TR's are no threat whatsoever.
    It's super hilarious when you see stealthed TR's coming up to you, and to see how many times you can dodge away from their lashing blade's. They get noticeably annoyed and start going after you the entire match.
    Being a tank cleric, you Lol at TR's.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    nevarineswagyolonevarineswagyolo Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yee yee, just nerf DCs a bit more. . . just gr8
    Neravarine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    zokir wrote: »
    I have a 14k TR and a 13k DC (hurr, gs.)
    From my experience PvPing with my DC, TR's are no threat whatsoever.
    It's super hilarious when you see stealthed TR's coming up to you, and to see how many times you can dodge away from their lashing blade's. They get noticeably annoyed and start going after you the entire match.
    Being a tank cleric, you Lol at TR's.

I feel you man! I changed from my Full build TR to DC and it was playing catching with other classes... So fun when you annoyed them to all chase you and yet cant take you down! LOL

Best is my TR friend r10 enchant etc LB me to half life and more when i was out of AS and woosh i am back to full in 2secs LOL! Still, I got 5secs sf to cover me if he manage to hit me out 3/4.. In any case even with lurker, NO TR can 1hit a gd geared DC after those patches so.... u got it!
  • Options
    akomplishedakomplished Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Hmm. I did Karru ages ago with you. Certainly a very memorable character. I was also the Half-Orc DC in pink sunite garb who crashed your guild's pig dance party in PE last night :)

HAHAHAHAHA I was cracking up soooo bad when Peaches hit the scene.
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you're a dc in pvp AND can move and use skills then you're not fighting people that know how to play. No way should a dc ever NOT be cc'd or stunned and if you're letting a dc "kite" or run away then you have failed and should reroll your character.
    Anybody saying different should post a unedited video of themselves unstunned kiting 4 or 5 people being "unkillable" I need a good laugh.:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    it happens all the time
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Those who love to play tank class, I would suggest for you guys (GF/GWF) to switch to DC. Why? Because they are the

1) best tanker in the game PvE PvP,

2) fun to play catching and annoy others,

3) with one more DC, you're gonna be invincible ;)
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    In competitive PvP, no DC shines alone. One of the DCs mentioned earlier in this thread as an example of a strong DC waltzed into the middle of my team in PvP, apparently expecting to contest the node alone. He died in 3 seconds.

That same player, with the support of his team, was significantly more durable and did fine for the rest of the match.

Although I may be biased because a DC is my other main, I think that mechanic works fine. If anything, DCs are strangely a little TOO vulnerable to CC effects compared to every other class in the game and have very few disabling skills with which to retaliate.

DCs sacrifice most of what mediocre damage potential they have when they play full support to their group, and if they aren't going to be good at survivability and healing, then what else should they do? It's supposed to be the "Leader" class, and it doesn't make a particularly good heart of any group if it dies faster than the CW. Taking out the cleric should be a challenge. Unless of course the cleric isn't even really trying to heal, in which case you can just ignore them and kill everyone else :P
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi
    la
    rious

Like I predicted... I knew this kind of threads were coming.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?473041-Clerics-are-OP

Clerics kill crowds of people in PvP and on top of that they are unkillable.

Frack you Cryptic, you are obviously favouring DCs with every patchnote, fixing their feats, spells and even buffing their dailies. Their gear is full of useful stats and their tab at wills are way too powerful.
    I will quit this game if you don't allow my green geared TR to one-shot every character in town. Period.

/sarcasm.

Oh well, it's been fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wait what???

This type of cleric seems to be very rare on Dragon shard and I would rather see more of them instead of seeing them nerfed because they are simply part of the challenge that is pvp.

This means there are now threads wanting nerfs for EVERY class and not just one or two.

I think all the classes, especially DCs, have been nerfed to much. This is simply my opinion and I am sorry if you do not agree with it.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    Wait what???

This type of cleric seems to be very rare on Dragon shard and I would rather see more of them instead of seeing them nerfed because they are simply part of the challenge that is pvp.

This means there are now threads wanting nerfs for EVERY class and not just one or two.

I think all the classes, especially DCs, have been nerfed to much. This is simply my opinion and I am sorry if you do not agree with it.

What was the nerf of GF? I don't remember any nerf of them. And fixing an OP set isn't really a nerf.