test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR's don't get damage resistance ignored?

lrdthorrenlrdthorren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
TR's don't get damage resistance ignored?
I'm befuddled by this, GWF gets this based off their Con stat, GF gets it based of their Dex stat. TR is a melee base class like the other two and should get this also.
Post edited by lrdthorren on

Comments

• ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Why they should? Tr can get over 20 or maybe near 30%. So why they need more? That they hit tanks with 1340%?
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Resistance ignored can't go into negatives btw. But yes TR's already have plenty of ArP from gear. Try using the skulker set if yours is too low.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    As I said in this exact same duplicate thread.

Rogues dont need it. GWF and GF have CON as a primary attribute. Rogues already have natural passive stats working for them. If you want it too, just use gear that utilizes Armor Penetration. That is what its for after all.

Rogues already have naturally high critical strike bonuses.

GW and GF gotta have something of thier own other than defense (which GF only really has adequate amounts of honestly)
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    If you notice the largest passive bonuses that come from Skill point Attributes tend to be those which are generally not the most likely to be stacked on gear. I suspect that is on purpose. Most rogue gear comes with ArP and that was done on purpose I'm sure.

Plain and simple it comes down to balancing. If rogues got the passive ArP then they would be too strong. Sure, rogues could passively get ArP but then the ArP and/or power would have to be reduced in armor and combat powers.