test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ways to improve pvp

pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
ok unless you have an iq of 4 or are in just flat out denial then you know that this games pvp is not very good. on any level. how about we post ways to make it better and hope cryptic reads and stops making endless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mounts in the store.
ok here a few i feel would help
ban dailys or reduce their dmg by 30-40% in pvp. im sorry but 2 shottign is just bad game design, lowers skill cap, is not fun to be killed by or kill someone by. its just flat out dumb design.
more things sharing drs. gettign chain knocked down by a gf only to then a gwf come and knock you down without being able to do a THING about it is again awful design. i know this game seems centered on this kind of cc but this much with no dr is not good.
immunes need to share a dr with soulforged enchant. agin this is another "are they for real?" moment. the amount of times i have had TR or GWF pop immunes, skull F*^k me then right after i dmg them and HEY!! more immune, is stunning.
final TR range dmg. im sorry unless you are on crack then there is no way a MELEE class should have this much spammable range dmg (with slow/stun..really bad design). i think tr dmg as whole is stupid high but i can live with their melee dmg being high cuz it fits this class. their range on the other hand is maybe the dumbest thing i have ever seen in an mmo, and a pretty big reason this game has a bad rep pvpwise.
maybe a quick look at dodging (bugs alot) and LoS (its just broken) would also help.

anyone else got any other ideas? i think with a few fairly simple changes and a few more maps pvp in this game could be pretty great.

btw my classes are CW and TR, tho i don't play the tr much as it's kinda boring. if you wanna troll me on that fact, fine. tho not really what im getting at.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Some changes do have to occur to pvp like doing something about the people who leave and hide in the spawn area. It is a shame PVP is not separate from the rest of the game because in my opinion it would be much easier to make changes for PVP that do not hurt PVE. I really do not have to say anything else because of my signature.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Get some gear, join a guild, and learn to play. I play a CW as my main and we're a very, very powerful class.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Tiers based on GS would help tons, methinks.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Get some gear, join a guild, and learn to play. I play a CW as my main and we're a very, very powerful class.

You are correct that any class can be OP if it is geared/specced a certain way and played by a skilled player.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have to agree with the op in every point. No idea how to counter dailies or encounters. For example, there is no real way of how to avoid or reduce the damage from stealthed knife throwing rogue. Perhaps a bit dodging or los... Or when using stun + LB... after this initial blow against which you have nothing at hand you have maybe 20% hp left when you gain control of your char. I know i dont have much xp in pvp here, but I have alot xp in pvp-wow and know the basics. Another example is: having nothing at hand to counter a cw's ice knife apart from a full hp bar. Idk i find this a bit pathetic...
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    adernath wrote: »
    I have to agree with the op in every point. No idea how to counter dailies or encounters. For example, there is no real way of how to avoid or reduce the damage from stealthed knife throwing rogue. Perhaps a bit dodging or los... Or when using stun + LB... after this initial blow against which you have nothing at hand you have maybe 20% hp left when you gain control of your char. I know i dont have much xp in pvp here, but I have alot xp in pvp-wow and know the basics. Another example is: having nothing at hand to counter a cw's ice knife apart from a full hp bar. Idk i find this a bit pathetic...

You said it yourself that you do not have much xp in pvp here. There are guides on how to handle rouges and spot them when they are stealthed, you just have to look for them. It is not a perfect stealth. The dailies are difficult to counter and in most cases can not be countered. Of course, you are always welcome to go back to WOW. Have a nice day:)

• Options
    dhuras1dhuras1 Member Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    The key to team PvP is the team. It's not a battle royale. When I lose it's because the other team plays very well together.
  • Options
    adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    kingculex wrote: »
    You said it yourself that you do not have much xp in pvp here. There are guides on how to handle rouges and spot them when they are stealthed, you just have to look for them. It is not a perfect stealth. The dailies are difficult to counter and in most cases can not be countered. Of course, you are always welcome to go back to WOW. Have a nice day:)

Yes, already did. Hit ctrl or use 1x icy rays? works only if you see the rogue before. Anyways, my critizism is not rogues, its the genreal lack of counters you have and the other points mentioned in the OP (like the lack of dr). To understand this you dont have to do pvp matches 24/7 to see whats going on. If thats why you dont want to take me serious, then have a nice day too, i wont take you serious either.

No offense, but by looking at your avatar its clear that rogue critizism may act like a red rag for you... so take ice knife for example, then a red circle and a small delay would at least give a chance to avoid the damage, but here its just instant and there is just no way to counter that (you said it by yourself). I cant imagine a duel lasting for like 30min here like I had some in wow, where you had abilities AND counters at hand. I mean, there are reasons why you turn visible when dealing damage in wow; the concept of dealing high amounts of damage while at the same time staying in stealth may look fine in pve, but in pvp it looks utterly wrong. In wow mage invis fades, stealth fades etc. so your opponent have the chance to react fast with some counters. To compensate for turning visible, rogues or cats have alot control abilities at hand etc. their stealth is mostly there to have the initial opener at close range. Their damage at close range is (and should be) very high, ofc.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    adernath wrote: »
    Yes, already did. Hit ctrl or use 1x icy rays? works only if you see the rogue before. Anyways, my critizism is not rogues, its the genreal lack of counters you have and the other points mentioned in the OP (like the lack of dr). To understand this you dont have to do pvp matches 24/7 to see whats going on. If thats why you dont want to take me serious, then have a nice day too, i wont take you serious either.

No offense, but by looking at your avatar its clear that rogue critizism may act like a red rag for you... so take ice knife for example, then a red circle and a small delay would at least give a chance to avoid the damage, but here its just instant and there is just no way to counter that (you said it by yourself). I cant imagine a duel lasting for like 30min here like I had some in wow, where you had abilities AND counters at hand. I mean, there are reasons why you turn visible when dealing damage in wow; the concept of dealing high amounts of damage while at the same time staying in stealth may look fine in pve, but in pvp it looks utterly wrong. In wow mage invis fades, stealth fades etc. so your opponent have the chance to react fast with some counters. To compensate for turning visible, rogues or cats have alot control abilities at hand etc. their stealth is mostly there to have the initial opener at close range. Their damage at close range is (and should be) very high, ofc.

Rogue criticism is a red rag when it is done by players who have very little experience with PVP and the class itself. I agreed in my post that the dallies are difficult or impossible to counter. I get hit with 36k to 50k ice knife often and to me it is not a big deal. I simply suck it up and go back into the fight instead of running to the forums. Every class has a counter to deal with encounters and at-wills even if it is as simple as moving away from the attacker. Players just have to learn how to properly handle their class. I understand and apologize if it sounds like the old "learn to play" but it is basically the truth. This game is not WOW and hopefully it will never be WOW. Too many players would complain if rogues had a lot of stronger abilities while stealthed. Cloud of steel, the daggers thrown in stealth, actually does heavy damage if a character is under geared. Cloud of steel was nerfed from 12 daggers to 8 daggers so it does even less damage than before.

My suggestion is get better gear and learn the classes if you are having difficulty in PVP. My suggestion with rogues is to get better gear, watch for rogues, and follow the trajectory of daggers to get an idea where the rogue is located if you have difficulty with them. TIP: Most weapon enchantments and armor enchantments are visible through the stealth. Simply look for a floating knife or anything odd to find the rogue.

• Options
    alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited September 2013
    Sometimes I think the devs are Korean, because this game is almost a mmorpg Asia where one-shot kills is the most normal thing in the world.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Sometimes I think the devs are Korean, because this game is almost a mmorpg Asia where one-shot kills is the most normal thing in the world.

Possibly true because outsourcing is very common.

• Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    pzg33 wrote: »
    gettign chain knocked down by a gf
    gwf come and knock you down without being able to do a THING about it
    GWF pop immunes
    more immune, is stunning.
    btw my classes are CW and TR

You get an "E" mark in your Trolling major.
    English is not my first language.