test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggested Changes

spanky2014spanky2014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 78
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Don't want to write an essay so here goes:

1. Add crafting patterns obtainable only from Dungeons. Make them a small chance maybe 1% from the "last boss" of any dungeon so people actually need to finish the dungeon to get it. Do not make the pattern BOP. The crafted items need to actually be better than the current items. The benefits are many including giving people incentive to do dungeons and "stimulating" a stale economy.

2. Purple drops from bosses ONLY. This is aimed at MC bosses who drop blues. I did MC three times and stopped. Make the purple items usless for all I care, but at least let us make 10k AD from it. The effort vs. reward is just not there. A "fun" game is making the reward worth the effort. Yes there is the fragment, but the grind is so long.... letting bosses drop useless purple items isn't going to hurt the game?

3. Increase the AD cap. Many people can reach the AD cap without really trying. So the only way to get more AD is to make a new character to "wash" the rough AD. Yes I have 5 characters to refine AD, but this is "work" and not really fun and I have stopped doing that. Think about it, if you didn't sell any items or gear you pick up and only "refined" then it would take you 1 month to get 700,000 AD not even enough to buy an Ancient Weapon (if your luck was bad enough).

4. Reduce the ridiculous AD prices to do stuff i.e. 700,000 AD to upgrade a pet? Might as well convert AD/Zen and buy a R3 companion rather than upgrade. The models and skills of the R3 are usually better!!

5. Keep gems after salvaging. So if we slot with R7 gems, it is basically a "write-off" because unbinding costs more (100K AD) or if we over-write it will cost us over 100K AD. Either way, we lose 1M AD if we want upgrade every item.

6. Fix the Dungeon Que. Self explanatory.

And for the last point, please release new PvP "maps" and a "Raid" type dungeon where you need 10 player and ONLY be done once a week to prevent items being flooded on the AH and give people engaged for 6 months instead of 2 weeks.

Thank you for listening.
Post edited by spanky2014 on

Comments

• jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    1. Terrible, terrible idea. Crafting should never, ever, be tied to dungeons but a separate part of the game
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    jn2002dk1 wrote: »
    1. Terrible, terrible idea. Crafting should never, ever, be tied to dungeons but a separate part of the game

Wholeheartedly disagree. I personally feel its a great idea, and that all elements of the game should draw from all others.

My take on his concept, number 1, is different, though. I would say that they should allow players to pickup armor, weapons, even enchants, and deconstruct them to build again later ... and with the appropriate investment and skill, into better versions.

At the very least, allow them to be improved. I have always argued that in a game with player crafting, players should have the ability to make the best items possible. Maybe require loot to do so, I won't argue there, but never kill the crafting by making it always less-than.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • spanky2014spanky2014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 78
    edited September 2013
    jn2002dk1 wrote: »

Please make your argument for this being a terrible idea?

Crafting as it is right now is terrible. Everyone can do the same stuff, albeit with quite a heavy investment. The return on said investment? You can upgrade your "arm" slot only and make pant/shirts.

With the changes to BOP/BOE gear they could revert back to letting the crafted gear being BOE so you could upgrade for friends / guildies / sell.

Or why not drop patterns to upgrade existing gear?

The whole point of this idea is to draw people back into dungeons. I don't have the statistic but it seems there are less people doing dungeons than ever before.
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    To add to the Ops suggestions (I'm skipping PvP suggestions in this post):

Three Difficulty Tiers for all Content
    - Separated into Standard, Heroic and Epic. Includes all content, including all zones, dungeons, lairs and skirmishes, to allow for full re-playability at end game (no change for leveled zones, however). This allows the entire game to be reopened to a level 60 with a fresh face and the choice between how hard they want to play.
    - Standard includes level 60 mobs, green and rare blue drops, very rare purple drop on boss mobs. Enchant drops are 1-4 at high rate, attachment drops are shards.
    - Heroic includes level 63 mobs, blue drop and rare purple, vary rare T2 set drops on boss mobs. Enchant drops are 5-7 at moderate rate, attachment drops are shards with occasional very rare lesser.
    - Epic includes level 65 mobs, purple drops, very rare T2.5 boss drops. Enchant drops are 8-10 at rare rate, with attachment drops at lesser and occasional very rare standard.

Rebuild Dungeons to Further Support Class Skills
    - Edit and build a portion (not all) of the dungeons to support *legitimate cheats* that allow full-house parties (with all five class skills available) to speed up the dungeon run.
    - Dungeoneering skills which collapse tunnels to cut off reinforcements, drop overhangs to take out adds, and open secret passages to allow players to bypass mini-bosses.
    - Religion skills which provide area heals during boss fights, buff groups prior to battles, and summon holy warriors to aid in large add groups.
    - Thievery skills which open bridges to bypass mobs, sneak past and silence guards to cut off spawns, and possibly engage traps that stop adds from coming to the bosses call.
    - Arcane skills which open portals between areas and avoid sections of dungeons, rain fire on an area weakening mobs, and enable Arcane crystals which weaken bosses.
    - Nature skills (for future nature classes) which pull animal mobs to your aid OR away from the aid of bosses, use secret passages through trees to move along the dungeon, or engage help from local flora in buffing the party or debuffing local mobs (mold spawn).

Multi-Option Dungeons
    - Allow player groups to side with different bosses.
    - Give more than just two options for increased replayability.
    - Allow for storyline, betrayal, and possibly even group history which can play out across multiple dungeons.

Larger-Scale Dungeons and Skirmishes
    - 10 and 20 man groups.

Player Housing
    - Using in-game currency, a place to display items from your adventures, trophies, and access your banks or hire vendors.
    - Could either use pre-built homes, or allow foundry editing and creation tools to customize.
    - Large scale redecorations could be done through AD or Zen.
    - Could invite others into your home through party system.

Guild Housing
    - Guild halls which do much the same as player houses, only with more hireling options and guild banks.
    - A place to decorate and hang out with guild members.
    - Acts as a world map zone, and thus can invite others without needing to party up.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • spanky2014spanky2014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 78
    edited September 2013
    lobo0084 wrote: »

Rebuild Dungeons to Further Support Class Skills
    - Edit and build a portion (not all) of the dungeons to support *legitimate cheats* that allow full-house parties (with all five class skills available) to speed up the dungeon run.
    - Dungeoneering skills which collapse tunnels to cut off reinforcements, drop overhangs to take out adds, and open secret passages to allow players to bypass mini-bosses.
    - Religion skills which provide area heals during boss fights, buff groups prior to battles, and summon holy warriors to aid in large add groups.
    - Thievery skills which open bridges to bypass mobs, sneak past and silence guards to cut off spawns, and possibly engage traps that stop adds from coming to the bosses call.
    - Arcane skills which open portals between areas and avoid sections of dungeons, rain fire on an area weakening mobs, and enable Arcane crystals which weaken bosses.
    - Nature skills (for future nature classes) which pull animal mobs to your aid OR away from the aid of bosses, use secret passages through trees to move along the dungeon, or engage help from local flora in buffing the party or debuffing local mobs (mold spawn).

I really like the idea of using "class" specific abilities to make the boss fight "easier".
    For example everyone seems to take 3 CW, 1 TR, 1 DC to CN. Well since you opt to go with this scenario, we will have a "bridge" where un-pushable mobs spawn that you need to kill. If you took only 2 CW and took a GWF or GF with you, you could have prevented this add from the battle etc. etc. love the idea!!