test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Acolyte of Kelemvor (and other abusive companions)

konalakonala Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have a love/hate relationship with this companion. Her abilities are excellent (imo) but the sound and animation of her Kelemvor's Shield ability are killing me.

She might just be the hardest working companion in the game. Her shield has a four second cooldown, then there is a flash and a Zing!! as she feels the need to protect me. I appreciate the love and dedication but seriously, while talking with a NPC - Zing!! In Protector's Enclave - Zing!! I can even hear it now while posting on - ZING!!

To put it in pespective I have recently had her by my side for an hour so I have heard and seen this roughly six times per minute as she is occasionally running to catch up (but you do still hear it while mounted) or 360 times in the last hour. How? How did this make it through playesting? I have to turn my fx volume to zero just for her.

If anyone else would like to add related feedback about other companions please feel free.

PS: Galeb Dhur is awesome in every way as a tank and well worth the Zen if you can spare it.
Post edited by konala on

Comments

• skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Come live a year at my house. My wife would make you long for the days of tzing.
  • konalakonala Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    choco, you are pure evil... :D
  • ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I believe the Lillend is a great companion. Mine even outlives some cocky GF who claimed my wife's GF was useless.