test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF Block doesn't block CC

ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
edited October 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
GF can still be knocked back/knocked down while blocking.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I noticed this too when I was fighting in a foundary and a GF type monster used the straight line daily, and I got knocked down every time even when I blocked.
  • hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    also in pvp, shield is everyday more usless than the day before... Guard last 1-2 seconds in epic dungeons, sometime don't pushing tab doens't work at all, when it works don't block lot of things.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Theres also the ongoing problem of right after being hit by a CC. It takes about 1-2 seconds to re-lift your shield up to guard.
  • uniguilduniguild Member Posts: 44
    edited September 2013
    Yep noticed this as well as I had a hard time tanking Maws in SP, bc they would blast my GF in the air although the shield was up
  • fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I think this also happens in the Battle for the Bridge skirmish. The Fire Giant boss can chain-pull you, and there's not much you can do but chug potions when you can.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    It isn't a latency problem. It's a guarding problem. So many enemies cc you through guard.

The giant maw in sp bomb you in the air with one of their aoe. THROUGH BLOCK.
    Fomorian warriors: swing with his mace push you back. Kick of him push you back too.
    Boss of feydark break: One of his Aoe work through block and you are prone.
    Giantsouls spin attack push you back through guard.
    1th Boss in ToS: Push your back with his arm swing attack.
    Powerful ax attack of hewer push you back.
    Some Skills in PvP too.
    And the list go longer, but i don't remember all situation in which the cc still work although the hit is blocked!

ALL OF THAT HAVE CONSUMED Guard. SO THEY ARE Blocked! But the cc of these attacks work independent if you had blocked or not! It's working like intended or not?! Please response!
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    DCs have a 50-point passive that blocks all damage from one attack every 60 seconds. It does not block CC; there have been many times when my DC goes flying through the air but takes no damage. I don't think block abilities are intended to block CC. That, or all of them are bugged.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
    edited September 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    DCs have a 50-point passive that blocks all damage from one attack every 60 seconds. It does not block CC; there have been many times when my DC goes flying through the air but takes no damage. I don't think block abilities are intended to block CC. That, or all of them are bugged.

It is a different between only damage immunity and immunity against prone/knockback/cc all. Guarding say, that cc is blocked too, but in some cases it isn't!
  • bratzinatorbratzinator Member Posts: 68
    edited September 2013
    Other things that knockback through Guard are:
    Karundaxx' Wing Attack (other Dragon bosses like Mad Dragon, Dracolich etc probably too)
    Valindras Pet Charge-Jump (other Spider bosses like Gauntlegrym Steeder probably too)

It would be very nice to get a Cryptic statement whether this is intentional and was not listed in the patchnotes or if this is a bug and gets looked into. It makes some fights very annoying, as GFs dont have any blink/teleport to get out of AoE and once your airborne the whole pack of adds rip you while you are unable to put your guard up.
    edited September 2013
    Ice golems: Smash down attack push you as guarding.

Grast(1st boss FH) his hammer smash at bottom lift you up. If you stand to near center you get smashed into air and then fall down. If you 'only' stand near edge you only lift a bit up.
    Enhanced golem(2nd boss FH): Teleport through with damage hit: Block absorb damage, but you get hard push away...
    Bomb attack of him push you back too.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    GF can still be knocked back/knocked down while blocking.

Remember that the red areas for mobs AOEs are bugged. Not just Karrundax. So maybe you thought you were blocking some attack, but the actual attack came from the opposite side.
    English is not my first language.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Eye of Gruumsh. Their knife prone thing almost always goes through guard and both prones and damages you
  • derroizderroiz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    Remember that the red areas for mobs AOEs are bugged. Not just Karrundax. So maybe you thought you were blocking some attack, but the actual attack came from the opposite side.

That is a separate issue, please do not state your opinions without having a good idea. It might mislead our dear devs and make them believe there's no bug. There is and it's in no way connected to AoE bug issue.
    edited September 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »

I posted MObs, who don't use AoEs attacks to push/prone you while guarding. The damaged is absorbed but the cc not! So it's a fail of coding the guarding. The bugged AoEs attack with cc + DAMAGE is an other issue!
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited September 2013
    I'm pretty sure that every anti-CC effect in the game is currently bugged in PvE. Rogue's Impossible to Catch no longer prevents knockback and Elven Battle Enchantment is not functioning either.
  • derroizderroiz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have described in detail CC immunity bug and red areas bug in the following thread:

Control Immunity still bugged and Client/Server synchronisation still bad.

I believe this is not cross-posting as it is highly relevant to the topic, however the thread name in my opinion is more fitting. Might also help the staff to identify the issues more easily.

If you're having trouble beating dragons with current bugs to controll immunity and red areas the mentioned thread might help you figuring it out.

As CC immunity bug involves not only GF's guard i believe the name of the thread should be more universal, therefore i want to ask you to post there instead. If you don't like the idea, fine, but less threads we make ("GF guard broken!" "ITC broken!" "X broken!" "Y broken!" instead of just "GF guard, ITC, X and Y broken!") the more clear the forums will be for the staff and the higher the chances of a fix.
    I've made that thread just today and already found it at the very bottom of the thread list page, since there's too many, way too specific threads out there already.
  • aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Other things that knockback through Guard are:
    Karundaxx' Wing Attack (other Dragon bosses like Mad Dragon, Dracolich etc probably too)
    Valindras Pet Charge-Jump (other Spider bosses like Gauntlegrym Steeder probably too)

It would be very nice to get a Cryptic statement whether this is intentional and was not listed in the patchnotes or if this is a bug and gets looked into. It makes some fights very annoying, as GFs dont have any blink/teleport to get out of AoE and once your airborne the whole pack of adds rip you while you are unable to put your guard up.

It is true for Mad Dragon also, Chartilifax' Wing Attack goes through Block too, and it is very annoying as you even get hit by it if you are out of the red area. I doubt it was a lag because it was fine otherwise and it was for the whole fight and second try.
  • hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Shield is broken again yes... doesn't block CC. I confirm.
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Still an issue under NW.5.20130911a.8
  • thrufuthrufu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In Mad Dragon boss i get knocked back and receive full damage, Block is completely useless against him !