test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Introduce an open pvp area

pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
First mmo I have played that hadn't got this...
And I feel it adds to the game alot..people can openly practice pvp and guilds can war if they chose too..
I used to pvp alot but not it's just not fun running the same thing over and over.. This mixes it up a touch
Post edited by pandapaul on

Comments

• firetallyfiretally Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They should allow foundry makers to make PVP maps. Having only two pvp maps since the game ever started is disappointing.
  • ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, before doing things like the Midsummer festival, they should focus on the state of PvP. Everyone is sick of those two maps and the singular 5v5 capture the point format... I don't know what they're thinking of.
  • hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I think pvp has ruined this game. NW is a pve, not a pvp. Pvp is funny but crying people pushed cryptic to destroy pve balance instead of fix it whlie trying to make a better pvp balance.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    firetally wrote: »
    They should allow foundry makers to make PVP maps. Having only two pvp maps since the game ever started is disappointing.

the only way this could work is if these maps had to be approved first. if the map in some way gives the other team an advantage, then it wouldn't be fair.
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Honestly I find it refreshing that we do not have world pvp. I played alot on a pvp wow server and 99% of all those 'pvp' is that someone is trying to jump on your back and/or gank you. And having a bunch of players duelling each other all the time infront of a city? No thanks... do not remind me of that lol.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    firetally wrote: »

this is 1 of the best ideas on this forum ever made
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    adernath wrote: »
    Honestly I find it refreshing that we do not have world pvp. I played alot on a pvp wow server and 99% of all those 'pvp' is that someone is trying to jump on your back and/or gank you. And having a bunch of players duelling each other all the time infront of a city? No thanks... do not remind me of that lol.

I payed on stonemaul and I loved it. There is nothing like not knowing when you will be attacked by something that can count higher than 2.