test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWFs value is grossly underrated in MC

corpsemaker86corpsemaker86 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
I've been running MC with a lot of great groups lately and I've noticed that we blow by the first two bosses and kill them easily on the first try, but then fail miserably on the last boss. I've also noticed that none of my groups carry a GWF anymore its always 2x CW.

Now, as a TR I love having 2x CW because of the control powers and aoe. When there is only 1 CW (or none) I cant even fight as the entire floor is red from mobs. As a squishy melee class the CW is a good asset.

However, what is the real value of having 2x CW to fight the main boss?? What's the advantage of having ranged in this fight anyways. In fact, I think its a disadvantage. GWF can prob do more single target dps which is what is needed for the dragon. But that's not where the value lies...

The problem is that the ranged fighters are somewhere closer toward the door while melee is fighting the dragon in the middle. So if Val drops down on the opposite corner we are screwed. The CWs and DC are way too far from Val and the TR/GF have agro of the dragon so this spells disaster. This is where the GWFs value comes in because of its central position (being a melee class and fighting the dragon in the middle) and also its ability to run. This means no portals and Val always getting killed when she comes down.

Finally, survivability is a huge issue in the final fight. The massive hit point pool and armor will come to great use. If a CW gets Choked by Val there is a good chance they will die. The GWF on the other hand has excellent survivability.

So im thinking its best to bring one of each class instead of 2x CW into MC. Thoughts?
Post edited by corpsemaker86 on

Comments

• durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    For party MC 3/3 I much more like to bring 2GWF-1TR/GF-1CW-1DC. Why 2 GWF? Because Slam can 1 shot Valindra. 1 GWF for Valindra's choking ability and 1 GWF for when Valindra's casting a portal. But if you have a good and fast reaction people, one of each class is the best. And for 2/3 MC I much more like to bring 2CW/1GWF/1TR/1DC.
  • corpsemaker86corpsemaker86 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    my thoughts exactly
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    My GWF can interrupt a choke but only build about half a daily before Val summons, what is the fastest way to generate AP with GWF?
  • kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited September 2013
    For party MC 3/3 I much more like to bring 2GWF-1TR/GF-1CW-1DC. Why 2 GWF? Because Slam can 1 shot Valindra. 1 GWF for Valindra's choking ability and 1 GWF for when Valindra's casting a portal. But if you have a good and fast reaction people, one of each class is the best. And for 2/3 MC I much more like to bring 2CW/1GWF/1TR/1DC.

Any class except for DCs can 1 or 2-shot valindra. I'm liking 2 good TRs for faster burning of bosses. Then a good GF and CW along with a DC.