test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can someone explain GF defense and survivability

bkloesbkloes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Hey sorry....I was talking to someone on a post about this...but can't find it. So I feel very tankish in PvE....but in PvP I feel like a paper doll most of the time. I have had people refer me to scroto's build which is actually really close to what I did, I think:) I am con/dex? for deflection and HP....some strength. I don't have any regeneration however.....when you are getting tag teamed does regen somehow magically make you super resilient? I feel like when I get 2/3 vs 1.... which seems to happen all the time cause I am big and slow plus can't dodge, I get crushed. I think my defect is like 20% and my defense is 46-47% with 32K HP....so what is the missing component? It really does not seem like the development team does not likes tanks...given changes and such. Although then I hear about how dominant we are in PvP....and I think...what am I doing wrong.

I also feel like I do very little damage, despite having near 20% ArP.....I am using lizard sword without enchantments so maybe this is the reason why.
Post edited by bkloes on

Comments

• trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2013
    conqueror?
  • bkloesbkloes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yeah sorry I guess that is important.
  • dawnkeibalsdawnkeibals Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Your "46-47%" defense does not help much at all, when it comes to pvp.

You'll find many players have gear, feats, enchants and powers that can vastly lower your defense (the armor penetration stat, plague fire weapon enchant, and terror weapon enchant currently being the most widely used means of reducing / ignoring enemy defense by).

CC is your best defense, beyond your shield, in pvp. Your enemies can't hurt you - if you have them knocked down onto the ground via frontline surge or bull charge.

Suprem of Steel daily isn't a half bad way to defend yourself either. It reflects a lot of damage back onto whoever is attacking you, when it's active. I've had multiples kill themselves off of my Suprem of Steel daily, before, since none of them were smart enough to NOT attack me while the Suprem of Steel aura was around me.

Edited to add: you may find the Berserker Rings of Youth to be most useful if you're after regen, op. I use Pyrotechnic bands, though, for the extra crit and power.
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2013
    trollgre wrote: »
    conqueror?

post your items/stats and feats so GFs can help you
  • banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Greater Ring of Health :D ton of regen and hp and costs only 2~3k ad

• zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    reroll gwf and you'll be a tank all right lol
  • kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    banaanc wrote: »
    Greater Ring of Health :D ton of regen and hp and costs only 2~3k ad

Only 2-3K AD? On my server they have been around 180K.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    u need a perfect enchant on your weapon, it makes the most difference, and then a lesser soulforged u will be golden in PVP
    your Arpen is good enough now go stack crit, if u don' t crit u can't kill things in a even fight.