test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Duplicate Map bug causing game crash - without actually duplicating the map

imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Foundry
My current project has a crash bug that affects it every time I try to duplicate the map.
Everything else works; it publishes fine, there are no "!" warnings, it's all good.

It's one large map with 1480 details and one NPC (dead) on it, plus some teleporters. Nothing else. No contacts. No dialog.

When I click the button to duplicate the map, the game hangs for a little bit, then informs me that I have gone "critically over budget", and the whole thing crashes. It doesn't actually duplicate the map; apparently the crash happens before that step completes.

I've been told this has something to do with a bug that is causing some details to clone when you duplicate your map, and since mine is so close to the cap for details to begin with, it goes way over the limit once the bug hits. However, since it doesn't actually duplicate the map, and I can't see the end result, I have no way to verify this.

Is anyone else having this problem? And can anyone do anything to fix it? I cannot proceed with my Foundry quest until this bug is killed.
Post edited by imaginaerum1 on

Comments

• Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Based on the lack of response, I may be the only one this is happening to.
    If there is someone official who can look into this, the quest is "Os Diversorio", short code NW-DUXO9HKRP.
    Please help! I need to duplicate this map for the quest to proceed the way it is intended, and this bug is keeping me from making any further progress on a quest for which I've already put in far too many hours.