test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing things in the expansion?

slezkislezki Member Posts: 0
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
There are 1/3 things who has too be done asap in order too keep the players.

1:
Raiding, 10 man raids, 20 man raids or 40 man raids.

2:
New pvp maps

3:
Option too que when u wanna pvp against other 5man/3man/2man teams.

What i don't get is why the pvpers haven't got any buffs as they are the ones buying the most zen too gear up instead of doing dungeons...

What do you guys think is missing in the expansion?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, not missing any of those things. Expansion is a good start, campaign system has great potential.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Overall, I think it was a great first module. I can't wait to see how they improve the campaign system with future modules.

Things I would have liked to see were scrying stones that were actually hidden and a challenge to find, unlike the out in the open ones we got for Feywild along with more achievements besides just the most basic ones they added for the new zone. There is only one achievement which is unique to it's content, that being "Cut the Green Vine".

More daily quests so they don't repeat as often would have been great, and they improve that slightly during testing.

I would have also liked to see more options in the seal vendor besides just gear. Stuff like companions and mounts on the high end and potions and such on the low end.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Yep.

Players who have temporarily quit have no reason to come back at the moment unless they add 10-man and 20-man raids along with better gear
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yep.

Players who have temporarily quit have no reason to come back at the moment unless they add 10-man and 20-man raids along with better gear

You will never see 20 man raids. It is simply not in the cards. I'm honestly not even sure if Cryptic's engine can handle it. Sure, they can do open missions like the contests or GG where you can get large numbers of people joining in. But that is simply a bunch of separate and independent people or groups pretty much doing their own thing with little over all coordination.

There is only one mission, in the totally of all of Cryptic's games, that even allows 10 people to queue up. And that is the Gravitar alert in CO. And even in that case its not a true 10 man raid, but two 5 man groups with VERY limited ability to see the condition and status of anyone on the other team. You basically have two separate groups instead of a larger single raid group. And that is a 15 minute mission against a single boss.

This will never be a hard core raiding game. At best, at the absolute best, you might see 10 person raids perhaps a year or two from now.
  • jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I shudder to think about how many adds you would see in a 10 or 20 man raid. Scary.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Eh. Only thing I want/expect is number 2.

I dont give a care about raiding whatsoever.

Think this game does best with small group content.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can almost see 20 man TR only raids, oneshotting the bosses :) or CW-only raids with all the boss room covered in Icy Terrain and singularities... debuffing and IKing the boss all at the same time.

Probably won't happen though...