test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental

derpdedoderpdedo Member Posts: 62 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
I'm slowing bringing a very old adventure I created years ago to the game...

Elemental: The Experiment by @derpdedo

Mission Type: Story,Story II, Balanced, Tavern, Explore, Lore,

Short Code: Not yet published

Average Duration: 40 - 50 Min (I hope)

Amount of Combat:Yes…

Starts at: Protector's Enclave

Mission Summary: Under the guidance of an eccentric demon from the abyss, who’s life dream is to bring the inner plains to the prime material to further her studies, Travel to the far reaches of Faerun to obtain fragments containing the essence of the elements themselves.

Be wary of those you trust while doing so, there are dark forces that would do anything to obtain what your employer with questionable origins is trying to create…
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by derpdedo on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Starting Map: Map at 76%, Scripting at 100%, Dialog at 60%, Sanity Check not complete

Element of Earth: (Started over, Original storyline doesn’t translate over well)
    Map at 60%, scripting at 20%, Optional 2nd quest at 60%, Dialog at 20%, Sanity Check not complete
    Attempting Story Marks to complete objective.

Element of Water: Maps at 100%, scripting at 95%, Optional 2nd quest at 85%, Dialog at 86%, Sanity Check not complete

Element of Fire: Map at 100%, scripting at 85%, Optional 2nd quest at 100%, Dialog at 60%, Sanity Check not complete

Element of Air: Map at 80%, scripting at 20%, Optional 2nd quest at 100%, Dialog at 30%, Sanity Check not complete

Final Boss Zone: Map at 100%, Scripting at 100%, Dialog at 60%,All Optional 2nd quest Conclusions at 100%, Sanity Check not complete

Ending/Closing: Map at 94%, Scripting at 100%
    Beta test publish: Not Complete
    Final publish: Not Complete

13 Maps
    60+ Costumes
    2 bottles of Excedrin
    16 page script still in progress
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    A few screen shots durring creation...

screenshot_2013-09-11-05-52-39.jpg

screenshot_2013-09-12-07-06-04.jpg

screenshot_2013-09-12-06-55-43.jpg
    A little overboard on the boosters...

screenshot_2013-09-11-20-34-49.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    screenshot_2013-09-11-22-30-18.jpg
    Tinker Gnome base
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Inspecting/tweaking NPC/Encounter creation in the Dressing room

screenshot_2013-09-11-17-07-12.jpg

screenshot_2013-09-11-17-06-52.jpg

screenshot_2013-09-11-17-06-25.jpg

screenshot_2013-09-11-17-06-12.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    screenshot_2013-09-11-05-51-34.jpg

screenshot_2013-09-11-21-07-04.jpg

screenshot_2013-09-12-06-58-01.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I should have chosen a shorter story ;)
    Deleted and started over on some of the large maps from scratch. Everything is starting to assemble quite nicely. The 3rd optional quest line has been removed due to limitations to the programing aloud. Found a work around, but it would be too easy for something to go wrong.

A few new characters have been added to help the story line go more smoothly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Every time I think I'm at 100% with a area... i new idea pops into my head...

screenshot_2013-09-30-07-09-35.jpg
    screenshot_2013-09-30-07-10-49.jpg
    screenshot_2013-09-30-07-16-07.jpg

Final Boss area 1 of 3 trigger testing without encounters

screenshot_2013-09-26-19-27-14.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Nesha

screenshot_2013-09-17-22-27-01.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Terror: Realizing that you just clicked on the [Delete X] on the top right corner of the screen on a map you just worked on for 3 days straight, instead of the close button…

[Ctrl] + [Z] = Your best friend
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    roguish98roguish98 Member Posts: 78
    edited October 2013
    Looks amazing! Please notify me when your work is available for play!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Had to take some time off from editing, last weekend was a 3 day solid grind getting the 2 rooms (1 hallway, and 1 room) boss map completed.

That makes 2 out of 13 maps complete with the exception of dialog. I’ll work on the script for that later, placeholder text and foot notes will have to do for now…

Status post updated, more screen shots to follow tonight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I've been going round and round with the Earth Map, getting it to translate well from the original story line into the foundry has been near impossible unfortunately…

So I’ve decided to go a different route entirely, I’m going to put the switch right at the zone in… the only objective I’m going to put into the foundry for that map is the flip that one and only switch…

But since it’s going to be locked, the entire map will be dynamic with 3 different endings to chose from… no additional objectives will be used…

Wish me luck… I’m going to need it ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    roguish98roguish98 Member Posts: 78
    edited October 2013
    Cannot wait to give this a play-through!
  • Options
    caloriencalorien Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Spelling/grammar nitpicks ho!
    derpdedo wrote: »
    Mission Summary: Under the guidance of an eccentric demon from the abyss, who's life dream is to bring the inner plains to the prime material to further her studies, Travel to the far reaches of Faerun to obtain fragments containing the essence of the elements themselves.

Be wary of those you trust while doing so, there are dark forces that would do anything to obtain what your employer with questionable origins is trying to create...

who's->whose
    plains->planes
    Travel->travel
    with questionable origins->of questionable origins

The first paragraph is one overlong sentence, it would be better to rewrite it as two or three.

(Why the heck does this forum software convert valid characters into something it won't accept when quoting? I had to re-write this twice because the apostrophe and ellipsis in the quote both caused the trailing part of the post to be chopped off... and they were fine in the original post, or when I enter them directly.)
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • Options
    arcaelusarcaelus Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The mission sounds great. I can not wait to play it. Thanks for the hard work in crafting it. Please let us all know when you are done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    calorien wrote: »
    Spelling/grammar nitpicks ho!

who's->whose
    plains->planes
    Travel->travel
    with questionable origins->of questionable origins

The first paragraph is one overlong sentence, it would be better to rewrite it as two or three.

(Why the heck does this forum software convert valid characters into something it won't accept when quoting? I had to re-write this twice because the apostrophe and ellipsis in the quote both caused the trailing part of the post to be chopped off... and they were fine in the original post, or when I enter them directly.)

Thanks for all the corrections, I'm the world's worst speller.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Good Luck! Tho, I don't believe in luck. Instead Through hard work and some consistency. Mixed with patience you will get it done. You have a vision keep going.

Thank you for the support, I'm doing my best not to get burned out on it. it's big enough to break it apart in 3-4 quests, but none of it would make any sense if I did.

The final area can no longer be edited in 2D mode anymore, too much going on for the grand finally
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Any chance you could update your progress post?
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Any chance you could update your progress post?

Updated, sorry it's been slow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'll be back after the weekend. I had to delete the Earth map and start over.
    Everything was going great until I ran out of NPC slots towards the end of the second ending. Going to put this method on the back burner for another quest, I just want to be done with working on this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Returning with new script and new direction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]