test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I've noticed

neverwinter1973neverwinter1973 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
I've noticed that with the GWF and the GF ,when you attack you are open to attacks. It seems in this game when moving around, you're unable to attack. Seem like you have to be stationary when attacking in this game, which leaves you open to attack and certain death when engaging mobs.

I use the GWF and GF as examples since those are the only two classes I'm playing.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Melee classes have a natural issue of being stationary to fight, and having to be in an opponents face. Luckily, in this game at least, this is somewhat helped by the targeting system and the extra abilities which allow for a bit of extra movement.

For example, with the GWF, we have Flourish as an encounter and Crescendo as a daily, both having an amazing range to them.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • neverwinter1973neverwinter1973 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lobo0084 wrote: »
    Melee classes have a natural issue of being stationary to fight, and having to be in an opponents face. Luckily, in this game at least, this is somewhat helped by the targeting system and the extra abilities which allow for a bit of extra movement.

For example, with the GWF, we have Flourish as an encounter and Crescendo as a daily, both having an amazing range to them.

I've noticed with the GWF I can survive mobs better by sprinting away from them then attacking. The special power of the GWF also helps me take down mobs. Guardian, not the same.

Thanks for your reply.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What level is your GF? I hear it gets better once you hit level 10 and can attack while blocking. So far for me, it seems like the trick is in watching the enemies and timing your guard to block as many attacks as possible between hitting them yourself. It's slower than other classes, requires a lot of attention to movement, and some strategy to pull it off.

For what it's worth, the DC and CW have the same issues, but can attack from range which makes up for it to an extent. TRs make up for it with being able to actually dodge. It seems like it's tougher to get the hang of for the GWF and GF.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I've noticed with the GWF I can survive mobs better by sprinting away from them then attacking. The special power of the GWF also helps me take down mobs. Guardian, not the same.

Thanks for your reply.

The Guardian is made to eat up all that nasty red stuff on the ground. They are the only class that cant dodge or easily get out of the way. But they don't need to. Where every other class can only dodge, or avoid, two to three times. A good Guardian can bock a dozen or more hits and has abilities to quickly refill their block, just so they can keep going. They are also one of the only classes that can continue to do damage while still avoiding it.

This mixed with a nice array of leaps and lunges to stay in range of mobile targets. And an even larger array of powers made to punt and knock down targets means when you get close. They have little choice but to sit down and take what you are giving out. The Guardian is hardly a wimp.
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yep. This is why they have good armor and high HP. Also, once you learn when to move and when to attack, that's called skill.