test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HV 2 stack pernament?

kwikus1kwikus1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Library
Hello, is it possible to maintain two stack of bonus from this set?
1st skill im sure it is Repel for low cd, but 2nd?
Post edited by kwikus1 on

Comments

• usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
  • kwikus1kwikus1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It is not. Chill Strike + Repel. Chill strike does not add stack of High Vizier. I tried in spell mastery slot and in normal slot and it doesnt add stack. If it would then problem solved so... :(/ No idea what to do...
  • verilosverilos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited September 2013
    kwikus1 wrote: »
    It is not. Chill Strike + Repel. Chill strike does not add stack of High Vizier. I tried in spell mastery slot and in normal slot and it doesnt add stack. If it would then problem solved so... :(/ No idea what to do...

Chill strike adds 3 stacks in TAB and 2 in regular.
  • kwikus1kwikus1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    But it is not adding this 3 or even 2 stacks. Maby some bug in character.
  • thorny911thorny911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Verilos is correct, 3 in Tab 2 if not. Something else must be going if CS is not adding stacks for you. Any skill that is a control power can keep the stacks up and should, however some like CS have smaller cooldown so you can keep it up even if you are not perfect. With that said, SotEA/Repel/Entangling/StealTime/CS/IcyRay/OpressiveForce. Personally I like repel to keep it up only if i'm in a fight that requires a ton of dodging as some other skills have delay to get off. Play around with it and you'll find a rotation you like. For single targets I like the following rotation (CS,CoI/Roe,Shard,IR(tabbed),(Opressive Force when available)).

For Draco for example though I might keep Repel in Tab over icy ray for the smaller cooldown as i'm constantly dodging things (and occasionally enemies popup that can be sent packing).

Its all about timing and not just mashing your encounters when you can but using them apart from one another to keep them up. Keep in mind IR has a bug that makes it seem as though its not on cooldown when it is, this can cause you to mess up your rotation.
    edited September 2013
    Only Repel, Entangling and Steal Time adds stacks for me. Icy rays also doesnt give one. Is it possible to got wrong build? So the stacks are not comming?
    edited September 2013
    Only Repel, Entangling and Steal Time adds stacks for me. Icy rays also doesnt give one. Is it possible to got wrong build? So the stacks are not comming?

It's more likely that you assume defense and debuff stacks are one and the same, they are not.
    edited September 2013
    verilos wrote: »
    It's more likely that you assume defense and debuff stacks are one and the same, they are not.

So if you would be so kind and explain it. It says "Your control powers steal 450 Defense from your target, increasing your Defense by that amount" I assume if I have 2 stacks defense of my targed is reduced by 900 and my is rise uped by also 900. So... ?
    edited September 2013
    So if you would be so kind and explain it. It says "Your control powers steal 450 Defense from your target, increasing your Defense by that amount" I assume if I have 2 stacks defense of my targed is reduced by 900 and my is rise uped by also 900. So... ?

Most of the tooltips in this game are complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, this is no exception.
    You do not steal defense.

Some powers grant you 450 defense per stack up to 3 stacks.
    Those powers also usually apply debuff stacks, but not vise versa. Chill strike applies debuff stacks but give you no defense stacks so to see them you have to look at the small icon by the target, not on yourself.

You can have up to 3 debuff stacks on each target. Each stack gives a 10% damage increase to anyone damaging the affected target (assuming they aren't idiots and have the proper amount of armor penetration, otherwise it will seem like more).

There are ways to increase the limit of 3 (only on debuff) and they are on this forum so you will have to find them.
    edited September 2013
    I see. Thank you for this. So now searching for increase this limit. Thx again:D.