test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I opened a lock box and boom...what should i do now...?

dar981dar981 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I just opened my first box as a new player, I paid 42,000 AD for the key.

I have looted so many boxes (over 100 so far), and I decided to open one just to say "what the hell..."

I opened the box and It gave me:

10 Trade bars...(great thats almost a firework...yay sniffles...)

Secondly it gave me a rare idol, which I traded back to the Rix the npc i think, who gave me 40,000 AD BACK!, so im like, thats just got be the luckiest gamble I ever made!

Hmm, do I dare attempt to buy another key (with the ad), and try my luck again, or should I resign myself to walking away to the good fortune of never opening another one?

As a new player of like a week, I dont really have the time or the means to open that many boxes, (I dont have the money either, I would rather spend it on real life items...) I only play for a couple of hours a day at most, so I have resigned myself to thinking of the boxes as junk loot now. I cant even sell them as the market is flooded with them, however the keys are still overpriced in the auction house and the zen store.

There really should be a chance to loot keys from bosses, and the boxes need to be toned down a lot, as I am looting on average 10-20 a session, which means I am never going to be able to ever open them all....

I am also curious to know how people are opening their boxes without resorting to the zen store or via gold/zen/key farmers?

Comments

• diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's a gamble, most of the times you get vendor trash. Just remember that the house always wins.
  • dar981dar981 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    It's a gamble, most of the times you get vendor trash. Just remember that the house always wins.

Bit of shame that, but you gave me the answer I seek, I got lucky then...I think I will walk away...

I still think they need to change the way the boxes drop, and keys should be added to boss drops as well, even a low rate, I would be happy just to loot 1 key a day...(but I can already see the devs going headache/gold/zen/key farmers), so we are unlikely to get that I guess...

For once I won, so I will keep it that way lol...

I am actually really dissapointed with the economy/credit system in this game... I love the combat side of it a lot...