test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unstoppbale Bug Worse than ever

farfig1337farfig1337 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
The GWF Tab bug that prevents Unstoppable from activating is worse than it has ever been since Feywild was released it can occur several times during a dungeon and will not end until your Unstoppbale meter is depleted. Either from Dying, Reloging. Or just avoiding combat for 30 seconds.

However since this most recent patch I only get off one unstoppable Period before the move bugs again. I go through entire dungeons only able to sue Unstoppable 3 times.

FIX IT!!!
Post edited by farfig1337 on

Comments

• bronxphbronxph Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have the same problem with you!!! Gwf is a weak char if the tab bug is existing!!!! T_t t_t t_t t_t t_t t_t t_t
  • ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Bump! This is annoying as hell! People have enough unjustified <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> against GWFs for us to suffer this bug.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    I have a few friends who can confirm it is occurring a lot more since Fury of the Feywild. They had never had it occur before the release of FotF and now it occurs every single dungeon multiple times per dungeon and multiple times during boss fights.

They have absolutely no idea what is causing it. :(
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i'm actually having this problem with both my gwf and my tr. points accumulate and the tab key doesn't trigger the appropriate skill. i remember a while back about an issue where there was some mismatch between the client and the server... and i've gone through the combat log looking for something out of the ordinary but i have not been able to replicate this... just seems to happen randomly.
  • ocampusmaximusocampusmaximus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    It hasn't happened to my rogue, but last night my GWF spent a whole Gauntlgrym PvP session with not Unstoppable because of this. What's a GWF with no Unstoppable? I feel like fast-running cannon fodder when this happens. Unstoppable is what makes a GWF stand up to three foes at the same time and keep them at bay.
  • niaburethniabureth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Having the same problem, bloody annoying is what it is.
  • chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have a few friends who can confirm it is occurring a lot more since Fury of the Feywild. They had never had it occur before the release of FotF and now it occurs every single dungeon multiple times per dungeon and multiple times during boss fights.

If you get CC'd while going Unstoppable, it has a chance to bug. So, if you're knocked back or down while trying to get your unstoppable off first is the most likely time this will happen. This is the most popular cause. I think it could be related to the sprint. I've had powers get "stuck" when trying to sprint/slide/tport around. My DC once (actually 3 times) had unlimited "blue channeling ray" that lasted way past when my divinity ran out from a button mash of switching divinity and sliding. The only thing that ended it was losing line of site or going out of range. I sprint alot with my GWF to avoid major blows, but I can't recall if I sprint while activating Unstoppable or if I'm being CC'd while activating. The circumstance is very similar.
  • djmackendjmacken Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It would really be great if we could get a response on this. I had this happen 6 times last night in the course of one dungeon run. That made for a very frustrating experience. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the fact that this happens a minimum of 2-3 times a run.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i'm actually having this problem with both my gwf and my tr. points accumulate and the tab key doesn't trigger the appropriate skill. i remember a while back about an issue where there was some mismatch between the client and the server... and i've gone through the combat log looking for something out of the ordinary but i have not been able to replicate this... just seems to happen randomly.

I remember when the GF's block was mismatching between client and server, and this pre-stop Unstoppable feels very similar. It has the same kind of delay I've seen with stamina, block, stealth and divinity and have come to expect from normal lagging (EU player)
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hey everyone, thanks for reporting this! We're looking into it!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I know exactly what is causing it. The skill animation/effect trigger order messes it up. If the unstoppable cc effect would just pop before or even better, without the stupid animation... there would be no room for getting interrupted anymore. Try hitting unstoppable, you can clearly see there is a timed gate where your toon raises it's arms and is basically unable to perform any other action for a very short period of time. The cc immunity from unstoppable activates AFTER the animation ends, instead of before. This is the exact timeframe, in which the bug occurs, if you're getting knocked back, down, dazed etc.. And a fix to it is not a big deal. Change the animation, at best cut it out entirely, make the cc immunity trigger first (before the animation - waving hands up in the air thingie), then let the other unstoppable effects go off. In other words, it's a design flaw.

Let's hope this is getting fixed.

• dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    agreed its even worse than it was b4, now it bugs around 7-9 times in 1 guantlgrym pvp
  • djmackendjmacken Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sominator wrote: »

No offense, but that isn't good enough. In my opinion this should be a very high priority bug fix. This class is completely frustrating and broken because of this bug. This needs to be hot fixed and hot fixed, ASAP
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited September 2013
    sominator wrote: »

It's been on since the claim patch and people complaining everyday on the forum about it and you just reply or find out today, are some of you reading the forums? Please fix this, its a game breaking bug especially when it happens during boss fights and for us Sent who is trying to tank.
    edited September 2013
    During most PvP sessions you can see a lot of GWFs complaining in Zone chat. And you know how bad it gets in PvP.

We'd like a real fix in next maintenance patch, thank you very much.
  • marcioohmarciooh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited September 2013
    Happens to me too and it is VERY VERY VERY VERY annoying, specially since it makes me immune, gives me heals and makes me hit much more quicker at bosses. Happens to me randomly on random locations. If this is not fixed by this weeks maintainence to me it means either Cryptic is as dumb as a cows a*s*s or simply doesn't give it priority, either way I will be gone than and spend my time in a game where bugs DO GET FIXED!!!

Things like these should be fixed by UNSCHEDULED MAINTAINENCE! Put your men on it and fix it RIGHT AWAY! Don't wait for regular maintainence, when things are being exploited in our favor you fix it also right a way, bunch of incompetent developers!
    "Every online game requires more to give than it offers or it's not worth actually playing. Even though we all know this we still decide to play anyway."

:cool:
  • gineuskarimlangineuskarimlan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can't say that I'm glad that what I experienced was a common concern, it's a bit sad, the fact that it's happening almost every other dungeon/pvp match means we are unable to stand toe-to-toe with 3 opponents or at the very least another GWF that has an Unstoppable, last night I thought I was the only one having this problem since I was asking around a lot via Zone and no one was responding but seeing the number of comments here confirms it. It did start after the release of Fury of the Feywild. Aside from the current problem with the Unstoppable Skill, I noticed that the Flourish Stun doesn't have a dazed/swirling effect on the enemies head, does this mean there is no stun caused by Flourish? I've been using Flourish for a thousand times and I have never seen a dazed/swirling effect on my enemies head be it PVE/PVP. Could someone else please kindly confirm this? Thanks! Very much appreciated.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I can't say that I'm glad that what I experienced was a common concern, it's a bit sad, the fact that it's happening almost every other dungeon/pvp match means we are unable to stand toe-to-toe with 3 opponents or at the very least another GWF that has an Unstoppable, last night I thought I was the only one having this problem since I was asking around a lot via Zone and no one was responding but seeing the number of comments here confirms it. It did start after the release of Fury of the Feywild. Aside from the current problem with the Unstoppable Skill, I noticed that the Flourish Stun doesn't have a dazed/swirling effect on the enemies head, does this mean there is no stun caused by Flourish? I've been using Flourish for a thousand times and I have never seen a dazed/swirling effect on my enemies head be it PVE/PVP. Could someone else please kindly confirm this? Thanks! Very much appreciated.

Flourish does work. The first hit stuns and if you spec it, so does the last hit. 1 sec and with spec 2 sec i think. You can test it, by fighting enforcers at lvl 60 they have a self healing ability. You can interrupt it by using flourish.

But yeah, i've also yet to see an actual "stun" icon above my targets head.

P.S. if you wanna fight enforcers and try it out, i recommend: NW-DKMGKVPY7