test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Mount - Armored Dragon!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
OMG! We need one of these! A Ridable Armored Dragon FTW!

Also, will we ever see Flying like in World of Warcraft? Player housing?
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ooooo Man! I so want a Griffon! By that I mean a D&D griffon, Tawny Brown feathered head, front legs, wings, and upper chest of an Eagle with the rest of it being the body of a lion. <-- That will be AWESOME!

Not that I wouldn't want a dragon too as you can see by my signature I would choose a black dragon. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Are you kidding. The game has no chance in ever getting flying mounts. That would suck in this game. Flying mounts are for better programmed mmo's this game will never get them
  • viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    <-- Still holding out hope and not listening to attempting dream crushers! :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    What would be the point of a flying mount? The mounts we have now are basically unnecessary. There are very few maps where there is a great enough distance to make them worthwhile. I understand in PvP they have some utility, but aside from that and being "cool", why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sometimes I hop on my horse and take off running just for the sheer fun of it. I imagine I would do much the same with a flying dragon.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A ride-able Beholder. Just grab his tentacle eyes for the reigns. To the beholder, you would just be a hat. :p
  • maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited September 2013
    What would be the point of a flying mount? The mounts we have now are basically unnecessary. There are very few maps where there is a great enough distance to make them worthwhile. I understand in PvP they have some utility, but aside from that and being "cool", why?

That's it, they look cool (or some of them) same with the costumes and dyes.
    Stuff that only have cool factor in the game is always a nice add on :)
  • bstbybstby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    What we need first is skills and enchants working as supposed, full line of paragon paths for all existing classes and exploits and server lag fixed. And don't even get me started on the things like AH buyout price sorting. Another mount shouldn't even be on the devs to do list.
    Ranger.jpg
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You'll just have to settle for the pseudodragon companion that should be coming soon.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Neverwinter uses the very same engine that Champions Online uses, and recently (ok, not so recently) CO added flying vehicles, so i think its possible to have flying mounts, but id believe if it ever happens, theyll first release it as a pegasus, since its way simple to just reskin one of the horses and put a pair of wings on it.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    but id believe if it ever happens, theyll first release it as a pegasus, since its way simple to just reskin one of the horses and put a pair of wings on it.
    Which is kind of sad considering the cost of the mounts.
  • daswoolydaswooly Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They'll introduce a armored dragon exactly 1 week after charging people $100 for a pack that contains a really crappy looking dragon.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    daswooly wrote: »
    They'll introduce a armored dragon exactly 1 week after charging people $100 for a pack that contains a really crappy looking dragon.

Sounds good. If it's generally crappy looking in a pack then noone would buy it and don't need to buy the pack to get one. Or are you complaining about the spider/unicorn scenario? The mount you would've got is no less attractive than when you agreed to buy it in the first place after all...
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I seriously doubt that we will see any form of flying in the game any time soon. This is not just because of the logistical implications involved (World of Warcraft resisted allowing flight in most zones for a very long time, because it would change a lot of the mechanics in ways that were not intended), but also because there really is no need for it.. the zones really aren't big enough to justify flight.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The zones are setup in such a way that you have to fight your way through certain parts. Being able to fly would basically mean that you could bypass those sections. It would also be a nightmare because the devs would have even more issues w/ people finding holes in the map.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    i thikn some day we will have a flying mount but will not be flying in the sky, i will just be with the animation of flying but it will be on reach to be able to hit it in pvp lol
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited September 2013
    I like the idea but it does not really fit in to the map layouts we currently have to run around in. It would be awesome if they explored this in a future module with zones tailored to flying around.
  • terryclothterrycloth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Some of the maps are pretty annoying even with normal mounts. The snowy map for example, with narrow canyons full of endlessly respawning enemies.

There's plenty of times I have to go far enough to want a mount but there's usually enemies in the way.

At 60 you're mostly teleporting into instances so of course you don't need one *then*.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I was thinking about griffons or hippogryphs for a long time. However, I hope they never turn dragons into mounts, not for player characters anyway. Dragons need to stay <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and imposing. They can't be imposing if everybody can ride one.
    I think it would be a good idea if it would be an awarded for some sort of PVP tournament, or something like that, like one on the whole server. Not everybody should ride a dragon, you should earn that, that all I am saying.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited September 2013
    sloth mount with 110% ms
  • ronix77ronix77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Gelatinous cube with 110% ms
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    valwryn wrote: »
    A ride-able Beholder. Just grab his tentacle eyes for the reigns. To the beholder, you would just be a hat. :p

I agree.

mindflayer-riding-beholder.jpg

I mean this guy looks happy. You wouldn't want to make a Beholder unhappy, would you?
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I agree.

mindflayer-riding-beholder.jpg

I mean this guy looks happy. You wouldn't want to make a Beholder unhappy, would you?

He just so adorable!!!
  • enixonbbenixonbb Member Posts: 71
    edited September 2013
    I understand in PvP they have some utility, but aside from that and being "cool", why?

you say that like being cool isn't reason enough.

but anyhow, maybe if the "flying" was just running but with the look of the mount flying close to the ground, like a couple of feet to a yard in the air that would work and not require all the mess of actual "flying" mounts
  • marclovesvinamarclovesvina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    An Armored Snail with 110% Ms. It will be awesome...