test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Two PvP Issues I Feel Should Be Elucidated

officerimsorryofficerimsorry Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
ISSUE: Random team of players, also known as "pugs", feel they have no match against a pre-made team. So they quit almost right away.

RESOLUTION: Give the team buffers. For every player they lose add a 2% Damage increase perhaps, or for every player they lose they can capture an objective faster.

ISSUE: Players do happen to get bored of a 5v5 everyday. With the new updates the 20v20 which only runs a certain amount of times a day is getting deserted because of the BOP.
RESOLUTION: Make an open world PvP. Make something which allows certain players to 1v1. With the 1v1 (because of bots or player cheating) don't allow glory to be won. Give players more options to interact with other people. I believe a lot of player interaction gives for a healthy community.

Icy@officerimsorry
Post edited by officerimsorry on

Comments

• zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Pvp content is much needed indeed, and the issues there needs to be looked at. However, i don't think it's at the top of their priority list...
  • kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    zalcs wrote: »
    Pvp content is much needed indeed, and the issues there needs to be looked at. However, i don't think it's at the top of their priority list...

Their priority is nerfing the classes. Their priority should be fixing class breaking bugs like the GWF unstoppable and the TR stealth bug. Another recent bug is players getting stuck in attack mode.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ISSUE: Random team of players, also known as "pugs", feel they have no match against a pre-made team. So they quit almost right away.

RESOLUTION: Give the team buffers. For every player they lose add a 2% Damage increase perhaps, or for every player they lose they can capture an objective faster.

ISSUE: Players do happen to get bored of a 5v5 everyday. With the new updates the 20v20 which only runs a certain amount of times a day is getting deserted because of the BOP.
    RESOLUTION: Make an open world PvP. Make something which allows certain players to 1v1. With the 1v1 (because of bots or player cheating) don't allow glory to be won. Give players more options to interact with other people. I believe a lot of player interaction gives for a healthy community.

Icy@officerimsorry

While I agree having a differant type of Q system set up for premades/gear score etc would be great. I dont however feel its that big of a "problem" persay. I Q 90% of the time solo(pugs), and win 90% of the matches I am in. By no means am I saying I'm some one man army, what I'm saying is random pugs in my experience generally arent half bad.

Also, not every premade is necessarily a good team. I've roflstomped full guild premades many many times on Mindflayer with a random pug Q. But. We also have very good premade teams on Mindflayer and going up against one of those in a pug most people generally rage quit for obvious reasons.

I've noticed on Mindflayer alot of very good players tend to solo Q in PvP more often then not, because of the fact if you DO make a p remade, 6 out of 10 matches the entire team quits in the first 30 seconds it seems.

So...sucks for pugs "sometimes", sucks more often for Premades in my opinion.

A random pug smashing is fun maybe once a week.

Most good PvP'rs would rather lose in a close match against a good team...then stomp a bad team into rage quit mode in the first 30 seconds.

Alysin Chains
    Mindflayer
    EoG
  • yokihiroyokihiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 510 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    this game is so far away from a balanced pvp experience that every open world pvp would just be a pain in your lower back. they would need to put a lot effort into balancing classes, changing abilities when doing pvp (everyone that played eq2 knows that there abilities had slightly other effects, or reduced effects in pvp) and giving you rewards for doing pvp that this would be a major task. since this game focusses more on dungeon content and there is a lot of work to do as well, i doubt that they would invest a lot in fixing pvp.
  • gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    there are tons of guilds recruiting, so if the person go pug, that person should be aware of getting in the same team with quitters, undergeared people, and most of all, face strong premades.

I would think if a new "Q" como, only guild x guild, for ranking and everything it would probably decrease the number of premades fighting pugs. But I would still eventually go Pug to see new potential recruits hehehe, too bad i have to punish them bad to find one with potential:p jkjk
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • piratebeypiratebey Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Your second issue is something I have been preaching since the day I joined.
    EH. The reason I am dissapointed in the pvp system is there is no way to face your friends specifically.
    No 1v1. No dueling. If they made it so you could duel anywhere and against anyone like most games do that would be epic.
    Imagine testing yourself against fellow guild members or friends in the middle of MT hotenow. Possibly dueling in the lava just because thats epic.
    To bad they havent come out with that yet.
  • zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I que for PvP by myself as a PUG pretty often.
    There are times I do get stuck with the brand new 60's, but more often than not (on Mindflayer) capable players are queuing.
    As for people leaving, that's just something that's going to happen.
    People start losing, so they ragequit. I don't see that changing.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    piratebey wrote: »
    Your second issue is something I have been preaching since the day I joined.
    EH. The reason I am dissapointed in the pvp system is there is no way to face your friends specifically.
    No 1v1. No dueling. If they made it so you could duel anywhere and against anyone like most games do that would be epic.
    Imagine testing yourself against fellow guild members or friends in the middle of MT hotenow. Possibly dueling in the lava just because thats epic.
    To bad they havent come out with that yet.

I believe the point of this is so that there is no way to do meaningful testing on PvP combat. But I might be a little paranoid.
  • dhuras1dhuras1 Member Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    People who quit shouldn't get glory or AD from the Dailies. I don't get loot or AD when I quit a dungeon or skirmish, why should I get rewarded for leaving PvP?
  • kurisantonkurisanton Member Posts: 64
    edited September 2013
    To improve PVP we need a few things. The first is a que system that puts pugs vs pugs and premades vs premades. IMO the only time premades should go against pug groups is when there are no other free premade groups in que. To go a step further I would even like to see a system where you can que vs another selected group. That way if you want matches vs other guild teams or even guild vs guild grudge matches it can happen easily.

Something else is allow the foundry to create PVP maps. The best ones will be played in the most, the bad ones will fall into obscurity. At first these should give no glory or rewards (except maybe foundry or PVP dailies) but eventually the good ones should be made official and then give rewards.

All this said, what really hurts PVP the most is the current netcode. It can be as bad as Dark souls PVP where you get backstabbed while you see your opponent front of you. When you hit an ability it should go off that second. Whether its a dodge or a bull rush. Someone should not have half a second to dodge before they are effected by an ability. Until this is fixed PVP will always be a joke no matter how much work is put into class balance or map adjustment

Edit: I forgot to mention that this game badly needs diminishing returns when it comes to hard Crowd control abilities too.
  • dhuras1dhuras1 Member Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Foundry PvP is an excellent idea. You let us tailor quests and dungeons, why not PvP too? Maybe PvP skirmishes. 20V20 is a great idea, but GG is just a horse race where the stragglers die. I'd like to see guild v guild.