test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Castle - TR farm stops from doing full dungeon

blueknightblueknight Member Posts: 33 Arc User
edited September 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi

I have for days now been trying to get into do neverwinter castle, but each time I run into the same problem.

When I connect to the dungeon I always appear at the top of the stairs. Speaking to other people this is a very common problem with this dungeon.

I have since learnt that this is due to two tr running to the top of the stairs, then running and defeating the first boss. Rather than contiue on with there game they then leave the dungeon open.

This then has the following affects

1) when a new group of people try to play neverwinter castle, they appear at the top of the stairs.
2) the party is limited to 3
3) the people are unable to go anywhere, and keep appearing at the top of the stairs.

This is very frustrating since I would like to do this dungeon.

A run is something that is used in the game for dungeons, I have done them myself.

But the affect that it is having on neverwinter is a bad thing.

Could something please be done just on neverwinter, that say if it detects that the orginal people are not there after say a minute, then the dungeon is closed?

A minute should be enough to allow runs to complete, but then again be time enough that the dungeons is not then kept open, wrecking it for other players that want to do this dungeon.

cheers

blue
Post edited by blueknight on

Comments

• prynnceprynnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    blueknight wrote: »
    Hi

I have for days now been trying to get into do neverwinter castle, but each time I run into the same problem.

When I connect to the dungeon I always appear at the top of the stairs. Speaking to other people this is a very common problem with this dungeon.

I have since learnt that this is due to two tr running to the top of the stairs, then running and defeating the first boss. Rather than contiue on with there game they then leave the dungeon open.

This then has the following affects

1) when a new group of people try to play neverwinter castle, they appear at the top of the stairs.
    2) the party is limited to 3
    3) the people are unable to go anywhere, and keep appearing at the top of the stairs.

This is very frustrating since I would like to do this dungeon.

A run is something that is used in the game for dungeons, I have done them myself.

But the affect that it is having on neverwinter is a bad thing.

Could something please be done just on neverwinter, that say if it detects that the orginal people are not there after say a minute, then the dungeon is closed?

A minute should be enough to allow runs to complete, but then again be time enough that the dungeons is not then kept open, wrecking it for other players that want to do this dungeon.

cheers

blue

This dungeon should never be pugged....don't try to do it through the queue with pugs. Get a group or use lfg to find a serious group. this will solve your issues.
  • bigriverzbigriverz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sorry but if your trying to pug this place....something tells me you won't have a very successful run. I have tried queueing for this place a couple times only to be grouped with a bunch of clueless people in nothing but t1 PvP gear.
    Also I'm not saying it can't be done. But cn almost requires 2 cw's, and there is a chance that the queue won't do that for you. And you won't find a cw capable of soloing it without at least using lfg. (And they probably won't invite you unless your 10.5k-11k+ GS) and I'll probably get some flame for this but if your a gwf.....finding a guild is most likely your best shot, because I can't remember the last time I saw LF GWF CN in chat.
    edited September 2013
    Sorry one more thing. If your going to try to use lfg... Expect your group to require greed rolls only on last because pretty much everyone regularly running cn already has there ancient set and run it strictly for profit.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited September 2013
    Even if you could, you wouldn't want to fight the Draco right now. He has more bugged skills than Clerics now.

His cone breath weapon hits a far larger splat than shown - in fact it extends behind the dragon. His wing buffet attack hits everyone on the screen, regardless of where they're standing in correlation to the splat.

It's broken beyond playability at the moment.
    edited September 2013
    Ive heard people have had luck with just dodgeing simultaneously with the attack. Even if your nowhere near red... If you time your dodge right. You can even land in the attack and be unscathed.