test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dissapointment No server change?

heyyyouheyyyou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'd Pay like 300 Zen per character to change servers.

I can not believe they don't have an option like this already, it's aggravating and disappointing, here's my story...

I started playing this game in the beta and i told my grandmother about it (yeah I know I play with my grandmother get over it) and she started playing the game and it turns out we chose different servers to play on so what we did was make a character on both servers no problem, but now it's like my favorite is on one server her favorite is on another. it would be like losing countless hour and a lot of Zen, and AD(because this character is the one I used my 2mil ad from the Hero of the north on) can you please add either a free option for server change or a payed option (preferably 300 zen each so it wouldn't be too expensive to move multiple characters) to move characters from one server to another

Think about all the other people in similar situations, U'll be making more money and we will be more satisfied with the game, Win-Win
Post edited by heyyyou on

Comments

• theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    heyyyou wrote: »

I can not believe they don't have an option like this already, it's aggravating and disappointing, here's my story...

I started playing this game in the beta and i told my grandmother about it (yeah I know I play with my grandmother get over it) and she started playing the game and it turns out we chose different servers to play on so what we did was make a character on both servers no problem, but now it's like my favorite is on one server her favorite is on another. it would be like losing countless hour and a lot of Zen, and AD(because this character is the one I used my 2mil ad from the Hero of the north on) can you please add either a free option for server change or a payed option (preferably 300 zen each so it wouldn't be too expensive to move multiple characters) to move characters from one server to another

Think about all the other people in similar situations, U'll be making more money and we will be more satisfied with the game, Win-Win

The problem with this is that the original plan was to merge all the shards together once everything was stable. So with that in mind why would they invest time into making a system that eventually will have absolutely zero use?
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    You can sell everything you have and transfer all of your AD into ZEN. Then reroll on any server and pull the ZEN onto your character. This is how you can move AD between servers.
  • xxpavoxxxxpavoxx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    You can sell everything you have and transfer all of your AD into ZEN. Then reroll on any server and pull the ZEN onto your character. This is how you can move AD between servers.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but did you read what he wrote and actually understand it? He did not even come close to asking about transferring Ad between servers. Please understand what you read or don't bother posting and making a total fool of yourself.

Op, the problem is the fact that they were supposed to merge all the servers into 1 a bit after launch. Not sure if they scratched this plan or what the story is. A bunch of people have already asked for this feature in the mean time.

I guess they just have other things to do besides this?!
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    xxpavoxx wrote: »
    I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but did you read what he wrote and actually understand it? He did not even come close to asking about transferring Ad between servers. Please understand what you read or don't bother posting and making a total fool of yourself.

Op, the problem is the fact that they were supposed to merge all the servers into 1 a bit after launch. Not sure if they scratched this plan or what the story is. A bunch of people have already asked for this feature in the mean time.

I guess they just have other things to do besides this?!

I read the entire post and that's my answer for transferring servers. You can sell all of your enchants and transfer the zen to a new character on a new server.

The server merge has already been discussed by the DEVs and it will happen but no ETA.
  • heyyyouheyyyou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I did not see anything about a server merge, thanks guys n I see your point thevikiking2006
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The Shard Merge was announced several times over during closed beta and open beta.

However, it won't happen any time soon because it will give the *appearance* that Neverwinter is losing popularity (oh, fewer people playing? The servers can handle the load now, let's merge them!)

This will not happen for as long as Cryptic can hold out - hell, they're tooting their horn that they have 2 Million Players (what they DO NOT say is that it is 2 million *registrations*, where likely 2/3 of those are no longer actively playing the game).

In short: Shard merge indicates fewer players = don't hold your breath.
  • glithanesglithanes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    heyyyou wrote: »

Let me get this straight you want to pay 300 zen=3$ for a server transfer same account from PWE this is a joke right?

Cause PWE if they ever had paid server xfers same account to account and servers would charge atleast 25-35$ to do it, PWE if they charge for companions and mounts 25-35$ then you can expect the same for this.

Also down the line I heard they are supposed to merge all servers into 1 super server.