test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Castle Never

wraithynwraithyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
edited September 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Ok it seems the Dev's saw fit to fix the new Castle DD but Castle Never remains buggy as hell on the AOE's in the end fight. Why is developers in all games can instant fix exploits but bugs that cause extreme grief are left unchanged?
Post edited by wraithyn on

Comments

• Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Clearly they don't want people to have better weapons from the old content . If they fix CN they will have to nerf the weapon set that drops there or else noone will run the ****ty MC .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    For my class (Cleric) i think the CN weapons are still the best in the game. About CN, yes theres still ways to pass bosses and ways to pass huge amount of trash mobs but what most annoy me is the drago fight mechanics, force any party to have almost the same classes layout to make a boss is VERY BAD! (2CW at least).

I can understand Dev's want the push mechanism in their game, its challenging to bump adds in some dungeons and its actually fun but for one of the major boss (if not the end boss of the game) its ridiculous to have that fight mechaninc, you are just automatically remove 1-2 classes from that fight. It doesnt make sense to me.

I already have all the gear from CN for sometime but i still do it from time to time to make some AD and is rly disapointing to see any new patch on CN just create new bugs or new ways to do things.... even "GM Help" helps on it lolol

Some people can come here and say they already made the draco fight without the bump thing but i will only believe when i actually see a video killing draco without bump. I play with a VERY experient party.
  • Options
    wraithynwraithyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited August 2013
    It's not just the buggy bosses, look at the loot drops!

Just completed Malabog's Castle, which you have to bug to complete, we pulled blue gear off the boss!

WTF!!! Blue gear? For this long *** DD? Blue gear, are you serious!?!?

You have to bug the fight to beat the Dragon because Valindra instant kills anyone she lifts giving you no chance to DPS here down... Yes! I am admitting to exploiting and if you can name one group that has finished this quest since the patch ban me! I'll gladly move on.

My guild is talking about going back to other games, I think they may be right! You guys are making this game worse, you are not improving game play!
  • Options
    altarboomaltarboom Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't mind hard content but all of these dungeons seem way over tuned for pug groups to complete. The changes to make most gear BOP instead of BOE doesn't bother me as it makes gear harder to get and encourages people to put in the effort themselves.

But doing that change should mean that the gear SHOULD be easily obtainable by running content. I have finished MC twice and both times a blue ring dropped at the end. Both items from the DD chest were <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I would love to hear from the devs what their thought process is on making purple gear have such a small chance to drop from the hardest content? Why are the dungeons so over tuned so group finder groups fall apart? Running the content doesn't seem worthwhile in this game.

I can't say I have found an upgrade from any place besides the auction house. If this doesn't change soon I will find an MMO where i can earn my gear instead of farm the AH for it.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I think is just a matter of luck, i run MC 2-3 times and i already got the off hand (set bonus) and the braces....

Actually i dont need MC for nothing.... The Devoted cleric sets have armor penetration which suck for me.... Also i dont care about the weapons coz im not a crafter and all craft items are BoP.

So for me Fury of the wild was a big disappointment... i only actually need the boons.... Absoluting nothing more and that suck for an full gear player like me who was rly expecting new things to do :/

Im still doing T2 and CN like before.... :(
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    macabrivs wrote: »
    I think is just a matter of luck, i run MC 2-3 times and i already got the off hand (set bonus) and the braces....

Being unlucky is having a piece of purple gear drop every-time you kill the last boss that at bare minimum can be salvaged and not winning it. Having a blue ring drop every time you run it imo is bad game design.
  • Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Thanks yourselves lucky you have only run MC a few times

I have run full MC 12 times now.. So 4 runs 2/3 so in total I have been in MC and killed 40 bosses...

I have seen in total 5 purples drop. TOTAL.

That's 1 weapon fragment.. 2 CW off hands.. 1 cleric offhand and 1 Gf offhand.. That's it.

I'm a GWF so from 40 bosses and maybe 15 hours of work I haven't gotten anything... Maybe 5 shards worth sweet fk all

The blue drops need to be addressed cause they are worthless.. I don't mind the ideas of purples being rare to get.. But there needs to be something else of value drop...

Keep doing MC and continue to get nothing... Doesn't take long before you stop doing it.. And seems a majority of the population have done that now
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    altarboom wrote: »
    Being unlucky is having a piece of purple gear drop every-time you kill the last boss that at bare minimum can be salvaged and not winning it. Having a blue ring drop every time you run it imo is bad game design.

That happen all the time on T2 dungeons.... purples for salvages is the most common thing in neverwinter and i dont see a problem with that... I dont want boss to explode and drop T1/T2 stuff all the time.

About the blues, they are like the crappy purple who drops from last T1/t2 bosses... The only diference is that u can salvage those crappy purple and get 4k-6k rough AD.

Insted of all those blues drops they could add..... nothing.
    pandapaul wrote: »
    Thanks yourselves lucky you have only run MC a few times

I have run full MC 12 times now.. So 4 runs 2/3 so in total I have been in MC and killed 40 bosses...

I have seen in total 5 purples drop. TOTAL.

That's 1 weapon fragment.. 2 CW off hands.. 1 cleric offhand and 1 Gf offhand.. That's it.

I'm a GWF so from 40 bosses and maybe 15 hours of work I haven't gotten anything... Maybe 5 shards worth sweet fk all

The blue drops need to be addressed cause they are worthless.. I don't mind the ideas of purples being rare to get.. But there needs to be something else of value drop...

Keep doing MC and continue to get nothing... Doesn't take long before you stop doing it.. And seems a majority of the population have done that now

Oh man.... 12 runs ?? u dont even imagine how many runs i did to get all my miracle healer set.... and 90% of the times i did on DD event.... Yeah i know, its painfull but that doesnt mean the game is bad designed.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yeah i know, its painfull but that doesnt mean the game is bad designed.

LOL. If it is painful I would say that is badly designed. Most people play games to have fun, see content, excel and acquire gear.

If people can't finish content, or acquire gear with out going to the auction house fun is usually not had. Painful = bad game design.

I think a better system would be to have all tier gear BOP but 100% chance when you run a dungeon to have tier gear drop. Have necks/waste/ring be rare drops (Like tier is now) and have rare crafting mats drop for pants/shirt/MH/OH that are BOP crafted. Even having tier gear be 100% drop rate would mean that with 5 classes having 3 sets of tier you getting what you want is only 1/15 each run. This is far better than it is now.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That happen all the time on T2 dungeons.... purples for salvages is the most common thing in neverwinter and i dont see a problem with that... I dont want boss to explode and drop T1/T2 stuff all the time.

About the blues, they are like the crappy purple who drops from last T1/t2 bosses... The only diference is that u can salvage those crappy purple and get 4k-6k rough AD.

Insted of all those blues drops they could add..... nothing.

Oh man.... 12 runs ?? u dont even imagine how many runs i did to get all my miracle healer set.... and 90% of the times i did on DD event.... Yeah i know, its painfull but that doesnt mean the game is bad designed.

So let me get this straight. It's painful, but it's not poorly designed. Does that mean it's well designed for a person who likes pain?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    altarboom wrote: »
    LOL. If it is painful I would say that is badly designed. Most people play games to have fun, see content, excel and acquire gear.

If people can't finish content, or acquire gear with out going to the auction house fun is usually not had. Painful = bad game design.

I think a better system would be to have all tier gear BOP but 100% chance when you run a dungeon to have tier gear drop. Have necks/waste/ring be rare drops (Like tier is now) and have rare crafting mats drop for pants/shirt/MH/OH that are BOP crafted. Even having tier gear be 100% drop rate would mean that with 5 classes having 3 sets of tier you getting what you want is only 1/15 each run. This is far better than it is now.

Oh man, u ever played an MMO before ??

I played a lot of them and i never got all the gear i want so fast like i did on Neverwinter and no i didnt buy it from AH or buy zen and turn it to AD.... This game is from far the easiest one to get gear in all my years of gaming. This game was build so "casual" players can also participate on end game more than any other game on market in my opinion.

The painfull part of neverwinter to grab gear is that u have to run the same 4-5 dungeons all the time and be lucky to have a DD event or it would be more painfull.

But i must agree with u in one thing, the loot system is messed up.... when its easier to get ancient jewelry than T2 ones, when its easier to grab ancient main weapon than the T2 then something is wrong about the loot system. Im 100% favor that DD chest should have BoP items, was stupid to have the amount of T2 on AH like we did before BoP DD.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    So let me get this straight. It's painful, but it's not poorly designed. Does that mean it's well designed for a person who likes pain?

Another person that probablyy never played a MMO before....
  • Options
    kalltorkalltor Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    wraithyn wrote: »
    Ok it seems the Dev's saw fit to fix the new Castle DD but Castle Never remains buggy as hell on the AOE's in the end fight. Why is developers in all games can instant fix exploits but bugs that cause extreme grief are left unchanged?

CN is fine, still easy :D
    But yes the red zones don't display properly IF you range him. Keep a TR in there with agrro and stay 20% out further from the wing strike and you'll be fine. If the TR dies... well be prepared to dodge invisible linear AOE's xD
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    First they make t2 dungeons useless to most level 60's, make CN boss so buggy that everyone runs to do MC instead because it's too annoying, then make MC boss so buggy that the only reliable way to beat it is to exploit, then ban every single level 60 in the game. There's some sick and sadistic people at cryptic.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    First they make t2 dungeons useless to most level 60's, make CN boss so buggy that everyone runs to do MC instead because it's too annoying, then make MC boss so buggy that the only reliable way to beat it is to exploit, then ban every single level 60 in the game. There's some sick and sadistic people at cryptic.

CN is still very easy with the right group. The skips all remain the same and the boss isn't too buggy. Epic T1/T2 are now pointless for players with their gear, and MC drops Epics so rarely that many don't believe it's worth their time.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes degraafination, but some of the stuff they did to dracolich is very annoying. I'm sticking with my conspiracy theory that they did it on purpose to try to get people to flock to MC, where they would realize the only way to reliably beat the final boss is to exploit, then they collect all of our names for future BAN HAMMA!
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yes degraafination, but some of the stuff they did to dracolich is very annoying. I'm sticking with my conspiracy theory that they did it on purpose to try to get people to flock to MC, where they would realize the only way to reliably beat the final boss is to exploit, then they collect all of our names for future BAN HAMMA!

Hmm, that's a good conspiracy theory, I must admit.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Another person that probablyy never played a MMO before....

So mmo's are meant to be painful?
  • Options
    xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    CN isnt harder cuz draco its bugged it's just way more annoying when u get very UNLUCKY with breath, thats all and they still didnt fix it.
    It's not like an small issue noone cares about, but atleast they fixed the esc button to close all windows again.
  • Options
    kalltorkalltor Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    CN isnt harder cuz draco its bugged it's just way more annoying when u get very UNLUCKY with breath, thats all and they still didnt fix it.
    It's not like an small issue noone cares about, but atleast they fixed the esc button to close all windows again.

I really like what they did with the skies and the flowers from the fences in PE :)
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    First it's this:
    This game is from far the easiest one to get gear in all my years of gaming. This game was build so "casual" players can also participate on end game more than any other game on market in my opinion.

And then it's this:
    The painfull part of neverwinter to grab gear is that u have to run the same 4-5 dungeons all the time and be lucky to have a DD event or it would be more painfull.

Casual gamers, by definition, do NOT run the same 4-5 dungeons ALL THE TIME. And if you have to get 'lucky' to get your gear, you'll end up with a lot of unlucky players struggling in blue gear.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    First it's this:
    Casual gamers, by definition, do NOT run the same 4-5 dungeons ALL THE TIME. And if you have to get 'lucky' to get your gear, you'll end up with a lot of unlucky players struggling in blue gear.

Oh my, u know the drop tables have percentages to drop right ? Its not random.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dungeon_Delve

Ofc u need to have luck to drop an items that only have 10% drop chance, if u are lucky enough u will only need to run each dungeon only one time and u will get all the gear u want.

Like i said before this game is from far the easiest MMO i ever play in terms of gear progression and even so its hard to get the items u want because of the drop table %.

This is probably the first MMO u are playing otherwise u wouldnt speak like that... as an example i play WoW, UO, Lineage, Runes of Magic, DDO, etc... and the only 2 games that i was able to reach the max gear was DDO and Neverwinter and in this game it only took 1 month to do it. What do u want ?? U want the solo dungeons drop the end game gear so casual player can access them ?? Insted of 1 month it would take me 2 days to grab gear.... do u think thats fair for non casual players ??

Like any other MMO u also need to grind to get what u want, if u are a casual player u still need to grind like everyone else but in neverwinter grinding is easier than other MMO's, theres no raids, theres no wait time to run dungeons, we have action combat so if u have the skill u dont rly need to have 12k gear score to do dungeons. Man, i did spellplague with 3 people today and did karrundax and Frozen heart with 4 people a lot of times.

Some people claim getting gear is easy in neverwinter some says its hard... in my opinion this is the easiest MMO i ever play in terms of gear progression, but ofc people have diferent opinion about things... Thank god :)

About people running dungeons with blues dont forgot i also start the game at lvl 1 and i needed to run dungeon in blues like everyone else.