test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Clerics are OP

oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Temple
If you haven't been reading the forums lately you would have not noticed it but right now clerics are the most feared and respected class in Neverwinter. Up to the state of being considered OVERPOWERED.

In PvP we, clerics, are OP to the point where having a cleric makes the team unkillable. There's reports of premades ragequiting the PvP area because the opposing group has a cleric and they don't. Clerics have become gamebreaking guys.

I mean, aren't you proud of being a Cleric? Well you shouldn't. We are a plague and we clearly need another nerf. It saddens me to be the bringer of such bad news but... yeah, everyone hates us.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I want this class in NW. :o
Post edited by oroness on

Comments

• Options
    nallifnallif Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm Nallif, and I approve this message.
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The solution is clearly an all-cleric guild. We could do loltastic 5xDC PvP, the slowest, healiest dungeon runs ever, and...man: imagine GG with the entire arena covered in astrals.

Might, at the very least, give folks a chance to try out different, DPSier or debuffier builds (i.e. be non-healbots).

If anyone's on mindflayer, look me up. I'll be the one dying repeatedly in pugs while trying to get an MH set.
  • Options
    jaydemonjaydemon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lol u joke hard
  • Options
    azucarsaladoazucarsalado Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Slowly but surely :cool:
    ^^'
    Jo Khon El, Potionholic Cleric of Torm.
    Odalas, Shield on the run.
  • Options
    modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I can just imagine 20 daunting lights being dropped on that pain train in GG and there's nothing left of it :)
  • Options
    sakiz105sakiz105 Member Posts: 37
    edited August 2013
    "We'll kill you ....eventually" - 5 DC premade team motto? :D
    For real now,i believe that noone but a clearly buthurt cw or tr could make such a statement that DCs need nerf.I guess when nothing but them run around,what will they say?

ps:Very much out of topic BUT i will enjoy this state of crisis as long as it lasts.Me a mere **** GF can find a team almost in 2 minutes,i even see groups search for one for like half an hour,while you the "untouched by the holy cryptic hand" CWs and TRs look for a group like flies look for...you got the thing.
  • Options
    snorchysnorchy Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    this thread is win.
  • Options
    uri92uri92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's so true man.

With my PVP specific blue/epic gear I reach 5k def 20% deflection and 1500 regeneration. I am FotM.
    I heal my mates for 500 but who cares ? I cannot be killed as long as I stand in AS with Foresight and my HG up 100% (cuz yeah my cleric is so OP that I can cast it as soon as it's over).

I can't kill nor control anyone, I can't heal anyone except with AS, but hey I cannot be killed.

I don't play dungeons though, because I got kicked when they check my gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - DRAGON - ( Mehrea DC 13.1k ) - ( Volsung TR 11.7k )
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And don't forget the one-shot critical daunting light with linked spirit. It's been a lot of fun with my DC lately, i've bought a greater vorpal and it's making everyone cry in pvp (like BOOM 23k+ crit in your face bro); our gear has such good stats that some spells become ridiculously OP. I miss my one-shot hammer of fate though. Terrifying insight is just the icing on the cake.

Clerics are indeed extremely powerful, well played, but it's like GWFs, good DCs are extremely rare. Most of them are the good guy willing to help but doing nothing but dropping astral shield, sometimes yellow, sometimes blue, like a bot.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Some people cannot identify sarcasm properly.

Kewl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    oroness wrote: »

Yeah, I noticed that too. It is a bit odd that we seem to be the only class with peeps who actually demand to be nerfed. Other classes are entirely happy to be OP, but the one or two clerics geared enough to be "ok" seem to be complaining about this fact. Bizarre. I guess "make my job harder and I will still cope" is the support class epeen?

Aaaanyway, I bit the bullet and tried out a set of "X of youth" blue armour for PvP (like..6k AD all told, tops), and I'm gonna have to add my name to the list of peeps that find it SO SO much better. Dear god, with just shy of 1k regen you can tank like crazy. I'm actually getting kill:death ratios greater than 1! I'm occupying three people at the same time and NOT instantly dying. It's crazy. And this is without any enchants on the armour.

I'm still not terribly good at PvP, but I'm actually scoring enough to get meaningful amounts of glory now, which is nice.

So yeah: everyone who PvPs should wear either uber uber epics, or cheapo regen blues.
  • Options
    uri92uri92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Clerics are so OP that when I play on my rogue I can't even find any for dungeon.
    Today I spent 2 hours trying to get one for a karrundax DD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - DRAGON - ( Mehrea DC 13.1k ) - ( Volsung TR 11.7k )
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You should have played with me and my guildies last night. I was dying all the time from epic lag so another DC would have been helpful to have. :o

Note to self: build some regen on my gear and see if I can survive better. Sister (who mains a TR) always told me regen was practically useless for every class and to focus sheer power instead. Maybe I need some more regen now.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Regen seems to be useless until about 900-1k, and then hilariously brokenly awesome after that.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    After all the times my DC has died to orcs / wights / zombies / lizardfolk / winterwolves / rimefire golems / mobs of ice-critters / dragon-critters / fire-critters / drow, I would like having hilariously brokenly awesome be on my side for a change. :D
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Oh noes a Cleric , better run to my team .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Kewl!

Some people cannot identify that they may do something wrong when others do fine. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    And some people settle with just "fine" when they could have "amazing" if they for once decided to do something about it instead of playing the weirdo on the sea by the cliff repeating to temselves "i'm fine! I'm fine!" over and over again while suspiciously staring to some invisible butterflies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    And some people settle with just "fine" when they could have "amazing" if they for once decided to do something about it instead of playing the weirdo on the sea by the cliff repeating to temselves "i'm fine! I'm fine!" over and over again while suspiciously staring to some invisible butterflies.

To make it clear this is only a L2P issue. I play several characters, several classes, and clerics is far from being the hardest one to play. Tank is much harder for instance, and CW is really complex to play. Cleric is easy and quite a potent class, but yes, it's healing, damage mitigation and buffing focused. And quite good at all 3 game elements. What else do you want? You look like the kind of guy complaining about an "I win" button because it's too small on your screen. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I'm starting a cleric for PvP/PvE too. Cleric can tank better than GF, keep three players on me without dying.. AS, damage mitigation and buff are just cooler!!!