test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Servers

zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,370 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was wondering if this game was going to be merging all the servers like it was talked about in beta or an option to be able to transfer a character to another server.

An example is say you had been working on a character and have a friend from sto for example on another server would there be an option to transfer said character over without having to reroll that character.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was wondering if this game was going to be merging all the servers like it was talked about in beta or an option to be able to transfer a character to another server.

An example is say you had been working on a character and have a friend from sto for example on another server would there be an option to transfer said character over without having to reroll that character.

They're still planning to merge the shards, when is still up in the air however.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    People need to stop asking over and over. This was just asked the other day. It will happen when they are ready. Asking over and over is not going to speed it up.
  • Options
    seljofcuc11seljofcuc11 Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2013
    just one simple question if someone can tell me : which server is most crowded and best one? :) ty in advance
  • Options
    axis40axis40 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    just one simple question if someone can tell me : which server is most crowded and best one? :) ty in advance

well dont go beholder its empty.maybe dragon...
  • Options
    stoxbox2stoxbox2 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    axis40 wrote: »
    well dont go beholder its empty.maybe dragon...

Yeah there are crickets on Mindflayer as well. Would also recommend Dragon, maybe someone will be there.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are you all playing the same game? The last few days have been a challenge just to find less crowded instances so I could compete in the events. Between Sharandar and the Festival its been a mad house.

I just did a little checking on Beholder. PE had 10 instances, several completely full. Granted this is about half of what it is normally, and most likely giving the doomsayers all the ammo they need. However, a quick check of the Festival grounds showed over 25 instances. A quick jump over to Sharandar showed over 12 active instances.

The population seems to be fairly stable, just with the new areas there is now more then one place for everyone to hang out in.
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This will happen when Neverwinter doesn't have enough population . Atm the bots fill in the holes just fine , if it wasn't for the bots the servers would have been merged like a month ago .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    stoxbox2 wrote: »
    Yeah there are crickets on Mindflayer as well. Would also recommend Dragon, maybe someone will be there.

Nice try. Mindflayer is not dead as I play on that shard. There is always lots of people there.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Are you all playing the same game? The last few days have been a challenge just to find less crowded instances so I could compete in the events. Between Sharandar and the Festival its been a mad house.

^This. Lots of people.

As for merging shards, they've mentioned a few times in livestreams and such that its just not feasible with the number of people playing right now. So apparently there are more people playing than they planned for. Which is a good thing, imo.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    alnakaralnakar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    As for merging shards, they've mentioned a few times in livestreams and such that its just not feasible with the number of people playing right now. So apparently there are more people playing than they planned for. Which is a good thing, imo.

Good to know! I've been wondering about this, as well. It's been a little bit puzzling, not to have some sort of time-frame on the merge, but if what they're waiting for is a lull in players, I'm fine with waiting.

If it's potentially going to be a while, though, it seems like allowing transfers might not be a bad idea. I realize it's a big infrastructure to add in, for something that's only going to be a "temporary" measure, but if the multiple servers thing is going to drag out, I think it's probably necessary to keep everybody happy.
    - LTS since shortly before the F2P announcement, and very happy about it.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    ^This. Lots of people.

So, if everyone saying a shard merge means doom. Not merging shards means...success? Oh, thats gota burn some folks.

I mean, if the population is currently far to high to even consider a single shard. That would mean that NW has a higher population then STO. Seeing as how STO is running fine on a single shard. So rather then doom, its fair to say that NW is, most likely, Cryptics most populated and successful MMO to date.
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    I mean, if the population is currently far to high to even consider a single shard. That would mean that NW has a higher population then STO. Seeing as how STO is running fine on a single shard. So rather then doom, its fair to say that NW is, most likely, Cryptics most populated and successful MMO to date.
    Could mean they don't have a way to merge the shards that won't mess everything to when it be better to just wipe and restart (yes I use the "w"word) . I don't know if they ever start a game with more then one shard. I could be wrong you right(I would love to be ).
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!