test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crude Test - Normal Terror Enchantment, Rogue. Requires further investigation.

manducatmanducat Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
On test dummies on test server.

Naked, using 1 unicorn mainhand weapon.

Does not proc on bleed damage, only on first/direct hit just like current plague fire.

10% defense buff amounted to around 411/403 (Sly Flourish averaged. Combat Log also showed disparity between damage before defense debuff modification and after on every hit on debuffed target) = 1.02~

2% damage increase.

I don't know how much defense rating dummies have, so this will vary depending on the target, I presume. I am relatively certain that on most mobs in the real world, the increase in damage from defense debuffs is much more significant, as debuffs from my pet damage cleric project with plaguefire reportedly results in other party members hitting in the area of 170-190% of the damage they would deal without any debuffs, which would require more than 300% of defense debuffs to achieve assuming anywhere close to an effective ratio of 0.2. Then again Cleric "Defense Reduction" might work differently than what has the same wording on weapon enchantments.

Procs on every hit of duelist flurry and seemingly 1 additional proc that I don't know why comes, meaning 11 instead of 10 in the final rapid phase that hits 10 times. I might be wrong on that account because I was quite tired when perusing the log.

Interesting part: According to the combat log, Necrotic damage from Terror Enchantment benefits from the defense debuff at the same % as normal damage from abilities, having raw damage being lower than final damage.

2 Hypothesis as to how this might work:

1:

Raw Damage * (Enemy Damage Mitigation factor - Personal Armor Penetration)

+

Raw Damage * (Enemy Damage Mitigation factor - Personal Armor Penetration) * Calculated benefit from negative resistance

=

Total Damage.

2:

Raw Damage * (Enemy Damage Mitigation factor - Personal Armor Penetration)

+

Raw Damage * Calculated benefit from negative resistance

= Total Damage

Essentially, the debuff damage being treat by the game as an added bonus damage dependent on enemy defense rating, while armor penetration, which is capped at getting someone to 0% mitigation, is treated as reduced reduction.

The damage gained from defense debuffs being treated as a bonus applied to all damage rather than as damage mitigation reduction would explain that necrotic damage gains benefits from it, game mechanics wise.

Further investigation into this by other forum members or a reply from Cryptic coders would be great.