test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Player with some questions

2»

Comments

• kwyjib0kwyjib0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi also a new player who is installing this game after many repeated frustrations with a similar MMO who in recent months has managed defecate completely all over every aspect of the game. Even with nine months of VIP still left, I am considering moving on.

So the installation progress bar is at 15%, can someone sell this game to me. :)

What would I like? An MMO with a solid PvE immersion and something that makes me think with riddles and puzzles. I trialed WoW up to level 15 duing the last sustained outage and was seriously underwhelmed by the almost complete absence of anything interesting.

Anything really cool I should look at while I try this game out?
  • wraithgorewraithgore Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Real SIMPLE - FOUNDRY SYSTEM. They took the Game ability, from the PW Star Trek and City of Heroes system to build Your own and play other modules/storylines, etc... If you get high enough level you are unlocked to make you're own foundry campaign or multi story lined campaigns. Think of it as you are writing for Gary Gygax and making some money through people's votes and donations. THe money being AD- Astral Diamonds. They have really added nicely to the Foundry builder system from what I've heard form my days in Open Beta. But what I do have to say is, if you truly want a free game, GO TEXT based and play a mud or mush those still exist, honestly if you are going to play this game or any MMO that purports it'self as free, then at least support the developers IF YOU LIKE the game, by spending some money on Zen and such. They need to get paid too. I have no problem putting out 5 or 10 dollars every so often just to add to my zen amount. But That is because I am a programmer and developer as well in other areas so I know what it's like. Anyway I'll get off my soap box. But I've said this before, if you want free, I'm sorry but nothing in this world is free, not even dying, (Funeral arrangements the coffin costs etc...). So Honestly if you like the game, there are ways to make Zen through the exchange, but there are other ways too, such as the auction block. Sellign stuff for AD and then trading it in at right times helps, a lot.
  • wraithgorewraithgore Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    oh and one other thing about Foundry - It molds to your level so if you are level 20 the mobs/monsters are that level where if you played it again later on at level 50 they are also level 50 monsters. So it in my eyes is a big possitive to this game and has helped keep me very entertained with what people have come up with for adventures to play that rae not part of the actual storyline.