test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No bonus from stone for epic level 30 upgrade

pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Yes I spent the 750k ad and levelled my stone to level 30...

Just finished upgrading and not surprisingly didn't get the 4% bonus.. Actually got nothing

Not a surprise given the amount of bugs introduced last patch

Just thought ppl should be aware before they spend the ad
Post edited by pandapaul on

Comments

• degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    Yes I spent the 750k ad and levelled my stone to level 30...

Just finished upgrading and not surprisingly didn't get the 4% bonus.. Actually got nothing

Not a surprise given the amount of bugs introduced last patch

Just thought ppl should be aware before they spend the ad

Thanks for this. I've been purposefully holding off leveling up my cat due to 1) price and 2) bugs. So sorry, by the way.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • nymbylnymbyl Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thanks, you just saved me a ton of frustration, cause I was considering the upgrade, I have 3 characters with stones, hope they fix it soon
  • ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My cat leveled up just fine and I see the stat difference. It's simply not worth it for 750k.
  • tancred300tancred300 Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2013
    People seriously spend 750k ad on it when it takes ages to get this amount now? Wow.
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Upgrading your stone should be something you do when you have the best gear in the game, and max enchants.

Most endgame Clerics shouldn't be far off this though, since the new gear for Clerics is abysmal, so anyone wearing Miracle Healer is wearing the best gear for their class.
  • milkbonedogmilkbonedog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The improvement is so minimal that anyone in end game gear would be unable to tell the difference. I think the change is so small that it would be impossible to even measure the difference. E-peen is pretty much the only value and the more AD you throw at it the larger it gets. lol
  • mvffin1mvffin1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tancred300 wrote: »
    People seriously spend 750k ad on it when it takes ages to get this amount now? Wow.

It doesn't take long at all. Just go to the website and buy zen. (all part of the master plan)
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    I just upgraded mine and is also now at Max level, can't see nor feel the difference, except for bragging right its not worth it.
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Maybe cat works.. Stone I'm sure does not... Nothing increased when capped.. So maybe this glitch only applies to a stone.. And my stone is rather tricked out so 4% is a decent upgrade (if they fix the glitch) as ATM my stone gives 700 power, 700 crit, 400ap, 1450 recovery and 260 defense.. So 4% is a decent amount...

And what I chose to do with my AD is what I chose...
  • satansnemesissatansnemesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited August 2013
    Maybe cat works.. Stone I'm sure does not... Nothing increased when capped.. So maybe this glitch only applies to a stone.. And my stone is rather tricked out so 4% is a decent upgrade (if they fix the glitch) as ATM my stone gives 700 power, 700 crit, 400ap, 1450 recovery and 260 defense.. So 4% is a decent amount...

You do realize the only thing that gets upgraded is the stone's base stats? No matter what you throw on it, even if it is the most epic loot, you still only get a 4% boost to the stone itself, not the gear you put on it. It works out to be +35 to 3 stats at lvl 30.

I am not trying to dissuade you from spending your AD how you want. I just hope you know what you are buying.
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    Maybe he got <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> of that's why he throw his money out of the window, i know cause i rage with the nerf (gwf only toon) ive used all that i have since what is the use of keeping it in the long run since my toon is just another decoration, those plastic that is made to look like metal armors and the Greatsword that is made of Wood.
  • goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

No offense but it's players like you are the reason PW/Cryptic have this kinda stuff in games. You'll waste money on useless stuff, know its a waste of money but do it anyway and have an excuse for that stupid decision all the while their laughing to the bank singing "we got another sucker". Men never listen and you probably won't even read this lol so this was a waste of post.:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
    edited August 2013
    I saw at least three people that upgraded that useless white cleric and seriously thought it would help it survive in epic dungeons. Upgrading a non augment pet will not fix AI it just slightly increases stats. I wish more people would read the forum or at least research something before spending money. I can't help but feel sorry for them but what can you do? People have to learn somehow.;)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

• darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I remember reading in the recent "state of the game" post by Zeke that they are looking to give augment companions a level 30 ability.
  • deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

wow, 4%, thats like, 28 power, 28 crit, 16 crit, 58 recovery, 11 defense... hum, should be something like... 0.05% stat increase on a character who has passed soft cap? lol

now would u pay 75m ad for a 1% increase? that is the question!
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You do realize the only thing that gets upgraded is the stone's base stats? No matter what you throw on it, even if it is the most epic loot, you still only get a 4% boost to the stone itself, not the gear you put on it. It works out to be +35 to 3 stats at lvl 30.

I am not trying to dissuade you from spending your AD how you want. I just hope you know what you are buying.

This. People need to understand this. 750k AD for 105 additional stats.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Uhm...I upgraded my stone too - and although I only have it at level 29 (should hit 30 tonight), I have seen a difference every time it goes up a level - sure, it is small, but it is there.

As for whether it is worth it - well, I agree with what was said earlier - only if you have basically run out of other upgrade options, and want a few extra points.

The new boons on the other hand, now THAT is a significant (and cheap) boost.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • adaace2adaace2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Epic skin. Where is it!?
  • usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    People... dont upgrade your cat/stone... it's another rip off. The stat bonus you get from upgrade is less than a rank 5 enchantment. And at this point your stats should be beyond diminishing returns.. so it wont make any difference anyways,
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Really?
    Someone just post a screenshot already since there such a huge amount of conflicting reports.

Here's my might stone: The blue upgrade worked quite well, gained a lot of stats - has more total the allure at 25 actually:
    http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9863/3md.png
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • chrispybrownchrispybrown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I thought I read somewhere that there is some new passive power at 30.
  • adaace2adaace2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I thought I read somewhere that there is some new passive power at 30.
    For non-augment companions. :(
  • corpsemaker86corpsemaker86 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I upgraded my stone to lvl 30 and im very satisfied. if I upgraded 2 rank 7 enchants into rank 8 it would have cost me the same amount and only give me 70 extra in total stats. so I think the stone upgrade price is in line with the rest. I hated having a blue companion next to my epics, now that its purple and says max in the top corner and I unlocked the new skin it just feels so satisfying.

The new gear sucks for me anyways. Swash is so much better than fabled for pve and in pvp we already have an uber gear set.. the new fabled set is trash. The new enchants are not better than vorpal for rogues either.
    I only want the new daggers, I ran malabog last night and not a single purple drop from any of the bosses (not even one for professions) what a let down

The stone upgrade and stat increases from the campaign are all I really had to look forward to as far as improving my character
    edited August 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    Really?
    Someone just post a screenshot already since there such a huge amount of conflicting reports.

Here's my might stone: The blue upgrade worked quite well, gained a lot of stats - has more total the allure at 25 actually:
    http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9863/3md.png

Nice green stone.
    Go do your foundry dailies.:)
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

• axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nice green stone.
    Go do your foundry dailies.:)
    Thanks, though it's very much blue now.. and purple soon. I'd rather refer to it as what it looks like now since the colors will change - red.
    And yea i might do those, in some months from now..
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The tooltip on upgrading the Blue stone says a total increase of 25%. I'd say that's well worth the 750k.
    edited August 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    Thanks, though it's very much blue now.. and purple soon. I'd rather refer to it as what it looks like now since the colors will change - red.
    And yea i might do those, in some months from now..

I read somewhere else in forum that if you do enough foundry quest/achievements, you get a free purple ion stone, a cape and a title.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I read somewhere else in forum that if you do enough foundry quest/achievements, you get a free purple ion stone, a cape and a title.

Yeah, but it is massive work - you need to get your foundries featured at least twice, I think, for example. A few people have managed this, and they deserve it - their foundry stuff is really, really good.
    Hoping for improvements...