test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Man I'm confused.

zeddbvzeddbv Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Library
Quick edit: Got the answers I wanted so I though I could ask another question without creating another thread

So, my question is what other races can a cw be except tiefling, I understand any race can be a cw but what are the better races?
Post edited by zeddbv on

Comments

• freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited August 2013
    zeddbv wrote: »
    I'm really confused, I read both Grimah's thread and copticone's thread and I understand the skills,feats and the tactics and rotations but I don't understand how to roll my character. I mean which stats are more important how do I distribute my "Ability score" from 10+ and I don't understand which attributes/stats on armours/weapones are more important for the Thaumaturge build.
    Regarding Grimah's guide I'd like some answers on if possible on Feats/power/ability score builds and stats regarding armors/weapons on what to get and what not to get.

P.S: Yes I'm new and I understand I should experiment with them around but I'd like to have a stable build while I'm going for 60 and then experiment with them.

You need to decide between Intelligence primary and either Charisma or Wisdom secondary.

Wisdom will give you better recharge and Action Point gain.

Charisma will give you better Crit Rating and Combat Advantage damage.

Maybe this will help: Link
  • zeddbvzeddbv Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Now I'm really confused whats the difference between your build and copticone's?
    I mean I do see some differences between powers/feats but in the big picture what does his build do and what does yours do?
    edited August 2013
    The differences are obvious between the two. I won't go and list them out as both are explained in their respective threads.

The build that I use is described in the first paragraph.

I think that a player with relatively low gear score can succeed with either build.

What I use maximizes both single target and AoE damage while placing a strong focus on AP generation, as described. I will not speak for Copticone's build because I do not use it.
  • drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I know how you feel. It took me a while to realize it, but there is no one, perfect build. I leveled mostly using an icy build (without really realizing it) before changing my style when running lvl 60 dungeons. It's still evolving and depends heavily on how you play and who you play with

Unless you experiment a bit and respec once or twice you'll never know what suits you best. Anyone that says that there is a best way to play really means that it's best for them, although there are undeniably many many really terrible builds :)
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?
    edited August 2013
    I forgot to say that you should copy your CW to the Preview server in order to test builds without having to pay an arm and a leg.
  • drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I forgot to say that you should copy your CW to the Preview server in order to test builds without having to pay an arm and a leg.

Are respecs free on there now then? I guess you can just burn the free respec if nothing else.
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?
    edited August 2013
    drscone wrote: »
    Are respecs free on there now then? I guess you can just burn the free respec if nothing else.

Not sure, but definitely the free, one as you mentioned. God forbid Cryptic would make it that convenient for players.
  • uurbsuurbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 449 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Yes, on Mimic, the Preview shard, the respecs are free--even now after Module 1 was published.
    Proud member of Dragon Clan - German Gaming Community
    edited August 2013
    uurbs wrote: »
    Yes, on Mimic, the Preview shard, the respecs are free--even now after Module 1 was published.

...and God weeped.
  • zeddbvzeddbv Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bump...bump!