test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FOTF Foundry issues (the Authors list) dev's need to investigate

124»

Comments

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited September 2013
  • celantracelantra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 465
    edited September 2013
    There is a new object in edit mode represented by a purple sphere. This denotes the zero XYZ location on a map I believe, anytime this is mouseovered it causes a client crash.
  • celantracelantra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 465
    edited September 2013
    When looking up Component Reached objectives. In 2D editor it uses the name attribute that is given to the component by the author. In the 3D editor it uses the native ID given by the editor, making it more difficult to determine which component should be selected.
    edited September 2013
    celantra wrote: »
    When looking up Component Reached objectives. In 2D editor it uses the name attribute that is given to the component by the author. In the 3D editor it uses the native ID given by the editor, making it more difficult to determine which component should be selected.

You can workaround this -- you can select the marker in the 3D editor and it will show you the marker name as well as the component #nnn which will match the marker id# in the Component Reached selection dialog.
    edited September 2013
    If object is set to Interactable and Visibility If Has Item (and player has item), once object is interacted with - object loses collision.

Edit: Note - Invert Visibility Ifs is also still broken.
    edited September 2013
    Blacklake Tar details are no longer tar-colored they are more cow-pie colored.
    Looks "okay" if you are in a very dark (blacklake district like) lighting.
    Any other lighting and it looks like, sh... cow-pies.
  • shaddaxshaddax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is anyone working on these issues? Can we get an update on what has been fixed (when it is fixed) and what is next to be worked on?

Thanks
    Author of "The Party" (NW-DD33IHKSH)
    A wall suddenly appears out of nowhere blocking your path. You turn to notice that the everyone has vanished, their cheers replaced with screams. Unsure what is happening, you decide its best you leave this 'party'...
    The Party
  • abhijitaabhijita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9
    edited September 2013
    Don't really have any complaints yet cause I haven't really gotten serious until after all this had taken place but I have one suggestions and I think it would make things run much much smoother in the foundry. Take the component tree and dock it on the left side so it's always up and give it the ability where if someone wants to hide it they can do it sort of like the way the foundry is on sto. I'm finding out that the more detail you go into and bouncing around from the map area to the other areas and back to the maps again to only reclicking on it can start to get a bit annoying. I know you probably want to take care of the bugs first which is only understandable.

But most importantly I like to say thank you so very much for you and your team to be working diligently on the foundry and with us. If we keep the communications going like this I know the authors will be able to put out better and better content. Once again thank you and keep up with the most excellent work.
  • kithliskithlis Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey Badbot,

Not sure if you are still monitoring this thread, but there's quite a bit of frustration about the way the New tab works (or rather doesn't).

The New tab:

Pre-Feywild - the New tab showed quests that had progressed out of the For Review tab (5 in-game/star reviews), but were still under (IIRC) 20 days since first publish.

Post-Feywild - the New tab shows the same quests that are on the Best tab.

This seems to have been introduced during the Feywild patch (possibly as part of the Tagging system), and I think quite a few of us were hoping that Module 2 would fix it.
    It has not improved.

Many authors have left, citing this as a major reason.

It is difficult to get plays for quests - this is compounded by the fact that, because of this bug, most of us do not have our quests visible on ANY lists after it receives 5 reviews (gets off the For Review page).

While I can understand if this is something that may take a bit of research to fix, or perhaps is lower on the bug fix list, it might go a little way to acknowledge that it is an issue.

Thanks!
    -K
  • kithliskithlis Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kithlis wrote: »
    Hey Badbot,

Not sure if you are still monitoring this thread, but there's quite a bit of frustration about the way the New tab works (or rather doesn't).

The New tab:

Pre-Feywild - the New tab showed quests that had progressed out of the For Review tab (5 in-game/star reviews), but were still under (IIRC) 20 days since first publish.

Post-Feywild - the New tab shows the same quests that are on the Best tab.

This seems to have been introduced during the Feywild patch (possibly as part of the Tagging system), and I think quite a few of us were hoping that Module 2 would fix it.
    It has not improved.

Many authors have left, citing this as a major reason.

It is difficult to get plays for quests - this is compounded by the fact that, because of this bug, most of us do not have our quests visible on ANY lists after it receives 5 reviews (gets off the For Review page).

While I can understand if this is something that may take a bit of research to fix, or perhaps is lower on the bug fix list, it might go a little way to acknowledge that it is an issue.

Thanks!
    -K

This was fixed in the update on 12/19.

MANY, many, many, many thanks too all!
  • masterjet1masterjet1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i like creating foundry quest but i have yet to see any featured, is there something needed for my foundry to be featured after i submit the final product. I would appreciate some feed back. and i have been into neverwinter for close to 2 months now.
    #*# Why do i have two blades? #*#
    ^^ Its just awesome^^
    :cool::cool:
    edited April 2014
    masterjet1 wrote: »
    i like creating foundry quest but i have yet to see any featured, is there something needed for my foundry to be featured after i submit the final product. I would appreciate some feed back. and i have been into neverwinter for close to 2 months now.

Are you pushing the "Submit to Cryptic" button after publishing?
    That's what lets them know it is available (along with the 50,000 other foundry quests submitted) for featuring.

Just keep updating, improving, publishing, and submitting.

Just remember that when it is featured a copy is made and that copy can never be changed, so be sure you've gotten out all the bugs you can before submitting.