test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Malabog is a let down.

cruxiscrusade22cruxiscrusade22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
So now I have ran malabog 5-6 times and completed and I can say the dungeon is a real let down. For started the final boss dropping on a blue item each completion just blows my mind. then when doing the first boss finally the new set offhand guardian fighter shield drops, someone wins the roll on greed, but oh wait of course it is bind on pickup. It is already hard enough to make AD with the cn weapons dropping. On top of everything I know people are going to say you can salvage for ad, but what good does that do when the cap is 24k. I just don't understand why their is such a bias against selling equipment in this game and I was hoping for malabog to revamp the market, but with everything being bind on pickup or only a blue drop, to me this game seems like it is going in the wrong direction.
Post edited by cruxiscrusade22 on

Comments

• degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic is a business and their goal is to make money. If you were able to sell those items on the AH for AD, then you would be less inclined to purchase Zen with real money. It makes items more scarce and therefore more pricey.

Some people look at that sort of business model and close up their wallet.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You dont like the drops, but what about the Malabog itself? Is it fun, challenging....? I will be trying it tonorrow.

thx
    twitch.tv/kaligold
    edited August 2013
    It's easier than CN. Beat all three bosses first run through, and explored the entire castle.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The cap is there to control the economy. It's not like it's 24k and done, it's 24k a day. Count your blessings, STO's exchange uses Energy Credits (gold,) and the Dilithium (AD) cap is 8000.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • misterzacmisterzac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Did they just hotfix Malabog's Castle? It's a lot more difficult than it was earlier today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ravin wrote: »
    The cap is there to control the economy. It's not like it's 24k and done, it's 24k a day. Count your blessings, STO's exchange uses Energy Credits (gold,) and the Dilithium (AD) cap is 8000.

On the other hand, STO doesn't use dilithium in the auction, and doesn't charge 500k-1m+ for things in shops. The 8k refine limit doesn't feel nearly as "small" (in useful terms) as the 24k limit here. (i.e, 8k dilithium feels more useful than 24k AD does - you can do more with it)
  • karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    misterzac wrote: »
    Did they just hotfix Malabog's Castle? It's a lot more difficult than it was earlier today.

Same group?
  • misterzacmisterzac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's not that. The ads are a lot more difficult now and before the last boss didn't have any ads. Now you enter the last boss with a ****load of adds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    So now I have ran malabog 5-6 times and completed and I can say the dungeon is a real let down. For started the final boss dropping on a blue item each completion just blows my mind. then when doing the first boss finally the new set offhand guardian fighter shield drops, someone wins the roll on greed, but oh wait of course it is bind on pickup. It is already hard enough to make AD with the cn weapons dropping. On top of everything I know people are going to say you can salvage for ad, but what good does that do when the cap is 24k. I just don't understand why their is such a bias against selling equipment in this game and I was hoping for malabog to revamp the market, but with everything being bind on pickup or only a blue drop, to me this game seems like it is going in the wrong direction.

That Bias just recently started with the inception of the Feywild patch, you must have missed the free for all sale on gear prior to this change. The influx of Ad coupled with No wipe of the game when it went from (Open Beta to live) is kind of what hurt the economy not the lack of being able to sale gear, that started 08/22/2013.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    misterzac wrote: »
    It's not that. The ads are a lot more difficult now and before the last boss didn't have any ads. Now you enter the last boss with a ****load of adds.

Working as intended as per all the other dungeons in this game.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They'd said when the module was first touted that there'd be a new boss mechanic in response to people complaining about the adfest template they were using. What is the new mechanic and which of the three bosses uses it?
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You dont like the drops, but what about the Malabog itself? Is it fun, challenging....? I will be trying it tonorrow.

thx

It's a piece of junk... Even PK is more fun,.
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I just don't understand why their is such a bias against selling equipment in this game and I was hoping for malabog to revamp the market, but with everything being bind on pickup or only a blue drop, to me this game seems like it is going in the wrong direction.

Buying all gear from Ah in my eyes, defeats purpose of running to get t1 gear and T2 gear. the ah should be there to promote gear to start your t1 adventures (crafting) they only needed to take a look at rift but the crafting has ballz'd in my eye completely, now they are trying to convert/rectify it.
  • zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They're just making it more of a pay-to-play game.
    Less playing the auction house to earn AD, which was a fun part of the game in and of itself, and more zen-buying.

Someone made the argument about bound chest items that the value of all boss drops will increase so we could make profit there; however, this point is simply illogical and quite the opposite, since those are nearly the only things we will be able to sell. And I guess not including the Malabog drops.

There's wanting to make a profit, and then there's trying-so-hard-to-make-a-profit-you-lose-your-player-base wanting to make a profit.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
    edited August 2013
    zokir wrote: »

There's wanting to make a profit, and then there's trying-so-hard-to-make-a-profit-you-lose-your-player-base wanting to make a profit.

Agreed. Now I log in for PVP dailies, crafting, and Sharandar Campaign. I don't see the point in running anything else.

Talk about Cryptic killing their own end-game.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • nightgameznightgamez Member Posts: 85
    edited August 2013
    zokir wrote: »
    Less playing the auction house to earn AD, which was a fun part of the game in and of itself, and more zen-buying.

Someone made the argument about bound chest items that the value of all boss drops will increase so we could make profit there; however, this point is simply illogical and quite the opposite, since those are nearly the only things we will be able to sell. And I guess not including the Malabog drops.

This game is designed to make as much money as possible on a day to day basis. It is not designed to be a great long term game.
    This game is designed to make as much money as possible on a day to day basis. It is not designed to be a great long term game.
  • smittyfrankosmittyfranko Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    shunterino wrote: »
    They'd said when the module was first touted that there'd be a new boss mechanic in response to people complaining about the adfest template they were using. What is the new mechanic and which of the three bosses uses it?

Umm.. probably the final boss fight. Valindra's random death entangle/portal creation.... or maybe the dragons aerial "dodge the giant red lines" grilling transition... Or perhaps the new mechanic is that there isn't 69 adds the entire fight.
  • freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 342
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic is a business and their goal is to make money. If you were able to sell those items on the AH for AD, then you would be less inclined to purchase Zen with real money. It makes items more scarce and therefore more pricey.

They said that they made this change due to feedback. Whose feedback exactly?
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    They said that they made this change due to feedback. Whose feedback exactly?

Be carefull, i ask thesame question and my post got deleted, Devs, never looked into negative feedbacks as Mods in the forum delete them as fast so all that is left are post that glorifies the game, hence DEVS are being misinformed on the state of the game.

By theway, new patch and the Sentinel Bonus of +20% Defense increase still not working, duh.
  • eldmorg79eldmorg79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

cryptic is a business and, on my opinion, not so good... they had great advertisements on pregame and they get 2 mil ppl in game (cut this by half at least)... very quick they start losing customers, so they make new "expansion" in game... that is 1 hour of doing daily quests...

by binding all items they made game boring to play... ppl simple dont see anything they can do in game no more...

from my point of view, i played great game, and i finish it... i reach end-game... and all i left is daily quests...

even pvp... there is no purpose to play after buy pvp set...
    Veno Forever <3
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    Im still logging on to the game, have to explore the new map and do some stuff, it keeps me interested to play the game, but until when? my GWF is garbage with the nerf and bug with tons of stuff, paragon not working, unstoppable nerf/bug, lol, im also enjoying WoT when im frustrated with Never, so lets see, if the other game becomes my main game and NV becomes secondary, fat chance PW on getting anymore money from me.
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Meh... i won't take the effort to fight the forum doom lurkers...

Malabog castle, i've done 7-8 runs already, 5 on pugs and 2 more on a lemonade stand guild runs where they invited me, 2 first boss farm in those 2 runs.

The Dungeon: Great design, pretty inmersive, the campfires are where they must be, after bosses and not before them, so you cannot run to campfire and die (obv last campfire is an exception, prior to fulminorax), the mobs are a good mix of tough annoying ones, inmune to CC, and small hardhitters and healer/AP drainers, enough mobs to make the run fast and not enough to make it a chore, really balanced in that aspect, i like the mimics placement, i miss a gelatinous cube, would be great in that castle.
    1st and 2nd boss, really balanced difficulty wise, tipical add control fights, but not as annoying as previous dungs, fewer adds and easier to kill.
    Fulminorax/valindra: Well Done! Espectacular fight that requires party coordination, battle awareness and is fun as hell, if you dont kill valindra asap, the party is doomed, so i applaud the boss fight design, the random blue drop is most definitly a bug and will be fixed.
    Overall difficulty: Challenging for ultra geared skilled partys, Hard-very hard for random 11-12k avg PUGs, IMO close to unbeatable for 9200-10.5k avg pugs. I like that difficulty, like CN legit runs, 9200 GS is like the min system requirements to a computer game, just a joke.
    The Dungeon itself is refreshing, fun and fast if you're on a good group, FIGHTERS FRIENDLY (no ledges, CC resistant mobs) but awful for farming, but i hate farming, so... (for most high end gamers this is awful and i understand their pow)

The bad things: As previously said, the final boss fight is really pug hate, you need great awareness and party coordination to find and destroy valindra asap, you need people who understand their toons and move constantly to avoid the stuns and AoEs of mobs during the dung, i seriously think is a little too hard for not hardcore gamers.
    The blue drops from bosses are stupid and should be fixed ASAP! Fulminorax/Malabog CAN'T drop a random blue!
    All BoP... Boss drops should also be BoE, that will make everybody happy.

Overall, the best dungeon outthere (or second best, i stated a few times that for my PoW Cloak tower is the best designed dungeon in the game), fun and endgamer's friendly.
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited August 2013
    added lots of tough trolls at last boss
    now its impossible with pugs or even with organized party

can kill trolls 1 by 1 but will need lots of kits and time
    no point in doing last boss atm
  • shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is what they said when the module was first being talked about:
    "We’ve been listening to a lot of the feedback on boss fights, and are implementing some new mechanics to expand upon the boss fight mechanics in Fury of the Feywild.

For example, there is a mini boss that players will encounter early on that has been corrupting the forest. This boss will actually attack you using the forest. Vines will come out of the ground and out from the walls and attack you at the same time, and exploding flora will need to be avoided by those who wish to survive. Rather than focusing on adds, we’re introducing lots of level interactivity that will require players to remain mobile and be aware of their surroundings at all times."

I assume the mini-boss they talk about is the one in Gnarlroot Cave which does have some exploding mushrooms coming out of the ground but I don't think it (or any of the other bosses on Preview) has anything coming out of the walls.

They mention not focusing so much on adds but from the sounds of it not much has changed. Lots of adds, lots of red on the floor.
  • facexcontrolfacexcontrol Member Posts: 281
    edited August 2013
    shunterino wrote: »
    This is what they said when the module was first being talked about:

I assume the mini-boss they talk about is the one in Gnarlroot Cave which does have some exploding mushrooms coming out of the ground but I don't think it (or any of the other bosses on Preview) has anything coming out of the walls.

They mention not focusing so much on adds but from the sounds of it not much has changed. Lots of adds, lots of red on the floor.

The Nailbiter has thorns coming out of the walls and ground and roof
  • zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Devs. Stop being so incredible greedy and let us be able to make ad ingame again, wow.
  • tharsoniusvbtharsoniusvb Member Posts: 43
    edited August 2013
    trollgre wrote: »
    added lots of tough trolls at last boss
    now its impossible with pugs or even with organized party

can kill trolls 1 by 1 but will need lots of kits and time
    no point in doing last boss atm

As we found out, the trolls are only there if you skip lots of trash in the dungeon. I don't know how much or what trash has to be killed, but with a full clear you wont see any trolls in the last fight.
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited August 2013
    As we found out, the trolls are only there if you skip lots of trash in the dungeon. I don't know how much or what trash has to be killed, but with a full clear you wont see any trolls in the last fight.

maybe needs to kill all
    and some of the mobs respawn back on some area
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Malabog is easy much easier than CN if CN didn't have tossing.

The trash/bosses up to last boss is easy and ran with 2 GFs, 2 TRs & 1 DC. All in mix gear between 9.7k to 12k (I'm 15.8k GF). Was my first run and we got to last but team had issue's with bugged dragon grabbing aggro on a dead party member standing at campfire. So we had to reset each time this happened as val would spawn on other side of map and couldn't get to her fast enough.

The AoE mechanic's are like other games and nothing new. Pretty simple fight once you do it once or twice.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited August 2013
    macjae wrote: »
    It sounds like you skipped past killing some of the critters outside the castle prior to entry. If you do that to "save time," they will be in the courtyard along with the dragon for the final fight.

Very interesting approach to people skipping content :)