test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Malabog Castle loot (professions needed)

soulwhispsoulwhisp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/253/48b8.png

Now you need max profession if you need the best weapon. And you need for that 3x fragments!

You can use 5 assets, but you need at least 4 blue assets + 1 white to make it, it needs a rank 2 results!

If you fail and make a rank 1 results then you loose your fragments :(
Post edited by soulwhisp on

Comments

• shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's very disappointing to hear. Cryptic is so busy trying to squeeze money out of us they seem to have forgotten to give us any incentive to actually play the game. Enchants from skill nodes has been nerfed, drops from bosses have been 'adjusted' to drop mainly blues and now they're making sure you (or someone you buy from on the AH) has to spend zen to buy assets to get the weapons from the new endgame dungeon.

Meanwhile on the plus side, erm, pretty trees look nice?
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    soulwhisp wrote: »
    http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/253/48b8.png

Now you need max profession if you need the best weapon. And you need for that 3x fragments!

You can use 5 assets, but you need at least 4 blue assets + 1 white to make it, it needs a rank 2 results!

If you fail and make a rank 1 results then you loose your fragments :(

Well hopefully once a few more of these start dropping you'll be able to pick them up for a bit less than the 3.5 million I saw on the AH earlier. It's not like everyone is going to level the professions up to be able to use them and the item is BoP (or is shown as such in the campaign system).
  • zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    i wanna quit. i really do.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are you certain you need the blue/purple tools? Or is it just like bracers where you simply need to be able to reinforce?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • danielztdanielzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Are you certain you need the blue/purple tools? Or is it just like bracers where you simply need to be able to reinforce?

it's a tier 2 drop so yes
  • yuccapalmyuccapalm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Could someone please show a screenshot with the stats of those weapons?
  • soulwhispsoulwhisp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    yuccapalm wrote: »
    Could someone please show a screenshot with the stats of those weapons?
    They are on the rewards screen ingame.
  • unksamunksam Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well,as usual,sadly this game becomes day by day a moneyeater,the new expansion offers u some junkie new armor set,who is useless,a new weapon,again useless,because u'll require a lot of time and AD to make it,untill a new expansion will arrive,the quests are boring and the loot again good for nothing,congrats cryptic,name it fury of the players not feywild,and nice job with the GWF,it was much easier to simply delete the class and create a new one.
  • kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    You need only t2 or t3 result is better?
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So the new BiS gear is in the cash shop. This is indeed completely stupid. There's no way i use it then. I'll keep my CN set.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    MC drops off hand and you craft a Bind on Pickup main hand with a lv20 Profession.

Personally I think a Blacksmith should be able to craft me a magical sword if I provide the mats and pay him a fee so he makes some money. Not every adventurer is a epic Crafter. It's just another oh well we don't care that much for DnD kind of thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    You need only t2 or t3 result is better?

There is no rank 3 result to this job. You will get the item for rank 2, for rank 1 you will get nothing back.
  • sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I fail to see why this is a big deal.
  • evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    MC drops off hand and you craft a Bind on Pickup main hand with a lv20 Profession.

Ahahaha, wut? On pickup? :D

Lol devs, aren't they a funny lot. I mean, they are effectively losing at ton of zen purchases here - most players are less likely to level up profession but much more likely to buy said mainhand from ah/from crafter. Instead devs figured that boring players to death will somehow be a better strategy for the "endgame".
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    sirjesto wrote: »
    I fail to see why this is a big deal.

Some people like getting their loot from monsters, instead of spending eons tediously crafting it.
    Crafting loot just isn't epic. Slaying a dragon for it is.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Some people like getting their loot from monsters, instead of spending eons tediously crafting it.
    Crafting loot just isn't epic. Slaying a dragon for it is.

Yep, and there's no excitement buying gear (or crafting materials) someone paid with real money or something you buy with your credit card. That's just boring and feels... stupid. "I have my best in slot gear and i paid for it". I guess it's just not a game for me.
  • archomentalarchomental Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    If that is true, it is not worth the time and money for the slight upgrade
    over the CN weapons. IMO another way to get you to spend money
    and attain assets as opposed to making it a drop.

At least make them legendary so people actually feel like they accomplish
    something.

PS: Oh yea, as most know already, those who cleared the new castle last night
    were rewarded with ZERO loot on 2 of the 3 bosses. Well played.
    edited August 2013
    Just finished Malabog's Castle.

1) First boss drops off-hand Epic item.
    2) Second and third boss drop (get this) blue items. Not sure if they will drop an Epic item.

I have a feeling people will be farming the first boss only.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited August 2013
    Just finished Malabog's Castle.

1) First boss drops off-hand Epic item.
    2) Second and third boss drop (get this) blue items. Not sure if they will drop an Epic item.

I have a feeling people will be farming the first boss only.

First boss dropped blue items, and a shard.
    Second boss (King Malabog) dropped to us the dagger offhand, and one of the fragments! (no shard this time)

We couldnt kill the third boss because of the lack of skill and reaction speed of the dps. BUT i saw a cleric that got the hand set of the Legendary set from last boss!
    edited August 2013
    soulwhisp wrote: »
    First boss dropped blue items, and a shard.
    Second boss (King Malabog) dropped to us the dagger offhand, and one of the fragments! (no shard this time)

We couldnt kill the third boss because of the lack of skill and reaction speed of the dps. BUT i saw a cleric that got the hand set of the Legendary set from last boss!

Okay, good to know that it gets mixed up a bit. Sounds like there isn't much consistency to the Epic drops.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • archomentalarchomental Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Oh I get it now, make the loot random AND a small chance
    of dropping (on top of BOP).

They must want us to grind that for the next 3 months until
    something new comes up.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well if they raise the level cap people finish it in 3 minutes or so cause everyone wants to hit "end game"
    End game is ALWAYS about grinding. this game gives you a choice to grind craft or pay I think its a good system
    if you didnt have to grind youd once again "have nothing to do"

a good ftp system is set to make its money of the greedy,vain,and impatient.
  • bladepowahbladepowah Member Posts: 45
    edited August 2013
    Anyone can tell if malabog is worth running even not in event? Does someone here did MC already with DD on, or what does the chest gives. Is it like the other dungeons or more like CN loot system thing?
  • ugarthugarth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bladepowah wrote: »
    Anyone can tell if malabog is worth running even not in event? Does someone here did MC already with DD on, or what does the chest gives. Is it like the other dungeons or more like CN loot system thing?

I did it with the chest active and got a new epic cloak (some elvish name) that wasn't very impressive stat wise, plus a shard and some crescents.

Lots of bugs in the instance that I saw, although I have to admit it was fun and an improvement over the other dungeons they have published.

All the loot I got in the instance was BOP (even from bosses). I hope this is a bug.

Once the loot and bugs are squared away should prove to be an enjoyable experience, at least for a little while anyway.
  • krozby3krozby3 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ugarth wrote: »
    I did it with the chest active and got a new epic cloak (some elvish name) that wasn't very impressive stat wise, plus a shard and some crescents.

Lots of bugs in the instance that I saw, although I have to admit it was fun and an improvement over the other dungeons they have published.

All the loot I got in the instance was BOP (even from bosses). I hope this is a bug.

Once the loot and bugs are squared away should prove to be an enjoyable experience, at least for a little while anyway.

Ty for the response. And about the BoP stuffs, i guess they are intended. As you can see, those possible new gears that obtainable from the new map/instances are shown in the campaign window, and all are listed BoP. Pretty sure they did this intentionally so people have to get them directly from boss/chest to encourage more gameplay. But still the gear system the old dungeons use to have is much better in my opinion.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well it's good that you only need the t2 result, maybe they plan on adding a t3 result in future if t3 stuff comes out. Anyway it's pretty disappointing. I was hoping to spend time to max both professions on 2 characters and I could:
    1) Give weapons to my other characters. Why shouldn't I? I don't see why I should level the same profession again needing the same assets >.>
    2) Actually make money for it. After all I took the time to max it, why shouldn't I benefit from it. Unless you count a lot of work for something very slightly better than the ancient set.
  • korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited August 2013
    If the items you made were BOA instead of BOP this would not be so bad.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well if they raise the level cap people finish it in 3 minutes or so cause everyone wants to hit "end game"
    End game is ALWAYS about grinding. this game gives you a choice to grind craft or pay I think its a good system
    if you didnt have to grind youd once again "have nothing to do"

a good ftp system is set to make its money of the greedy,vain,and impatient.

This isn't going to happen in the near future. Maybe in 1-2 years eventually. CO is still waiting for a lvl cap raise and it's been... 5 or 6 years? Cryptic does not like to raise anything lvl related, they rather provide new/better armors weapons etc. These things will be updated, not the lvl itself.

See you.

• vatesbladevatesblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 26
    edited August 2013
    this and crafted items being bound makes me really want to quit
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    shunterino wrote: »
    That's very disappointing to hear. Cryptic is so busy trying to squeeze money out of us they seem to have forgotten to give us any incentive to actually play the game. Enchants from skill nodes has been nerfed, drops from bosses have been 'adjusted' to drop mainly blues and now they're making sure you (or someone you buy from on the AH) has to spend zen to buy assets to get the weapons from the new endgame dungeon.

Meanwhile on the plus side, erm, pretty trees look nice?

God what is wrong with you people you do know this is a F2P game model right. The focus of a f2p game is to make money in everyway possible. IE: the nightmare exploit they made cash off that. This is why the F2P game model is going to die. People are learning a f2p game is in no way really free.

You know the saying nothing in life is for free.

Just show the devs your not going to spend a dime on the game at all.